German Tourist's Fatal Fall at Pattaya Hotel Shocks Visitors

webfact

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Correct, darn flower pot.

The cause of many fatal falls in Pattaya is caused when guys spend to much time on the nest and they think they can fly.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Fall or jump ?🤔

RIP

You forgot the 3rd scenario.  I hope they dust the back of his shirt for prints, and review the CCTV footage.

43 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

We demand that you personally demonstrate the veracity of your theory. Think of the kudos of being proven correct. C'mon,you know you wanna ! 

We? You and your other personalities? Are you really posting that you demand I commit suicide, and at the same time telling med that I want to do such thing?

What kind of a person are you? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident marks the fourth such tragedy this month. The first occurred on June 1, involving a 23-year-old Thai man. The second, on June 3, was a 38-year-old Russian tourist. The third, on June 4, involved a 43-year-old American tourist.

And many similar incidents before this month. What is it that makes Pattaya the hub of balcony falls?

1 hour ago, Sig said:

I believe that suicide, whether assisted or not, is one of the most selfish acts a human being can do.
While I can definitely understand many situations where one may feel like doing such a thing, in the end, it is phenomenally selfish.

I think it can be selfish to keep people alive while suffering.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Caldera said:

And many similar incidents before this month. What is it that makes Pattaya the hub of balcony falls?

And right on time , I have studied many of these falls from hotels or apartment balconies and almost all of them occur between 2am - 5am it looks like he decided to jump at the favorite time , so if your ever entering a hotel or apartment at this time 2am - 5am make sure you look up first as it could kill you someone landing on you as things go bump in the night !

“At the scene, both Thai and foreign tourists were visibly distressed, watching the unfolding event. Hotel staff attempted to manage the crowd, pushing onlookers away from the area and using metal barriers to cordon off the site.”

not so distressed that they couldn’t stand and watch then.

RIP to the deceased

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

How are you so sure of this?

It often comes to my mind that it would be a very easy way for crims to make money.  Observe a foreigner making a withdrawal at an ATM, with a few mates follow them back to their room, knock on the door rush in, make sure you have the money, throw the foreigner over the rail.  Could use a female as bait and follow them back to his room.

Do police check how long the foreigner has booked the room, have they made a recent cash withdrawal, do they have cash on their person or in the room after death.  Too easy to declare it suicide.

Once the crims leaves the room what evidence is left behind?

CCTV on every floor Sherlock...

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NemoH said:

So sad for him n his family. 

Macabre mentioning of the room number 3303 on the 33rd floor. Hope he did not check in on 3 June or anything related to 3. Sigh 

It's just called life happens...as does death. In myriad sorts of natural and unnatural, usual and unusual ways. :coffee1:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Approximately 10 metres from where the body was found, a white tent was used to cover the deceased.

Somebody explain please.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think that you miss the point that people contemplating suicide are for a variety of reasons, emotionally disturbed. Your rational thinking and logic is not a factor. Nor is being selfish or unselfish.

And Pattaya is NOT a cure for depression but exactly the opposite.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It would be an expense but, they could fit wire cable across the balcony placed every 6 inches which would stop accidents, and still allow sunbathing on the balcony. But relate that to the number of accidents etc., it is unlikely. same as certain car models in the past. It is cheaper to pay out than the cost of prevention. The best answer is to mandate it in law for future buildings and refits.

"Approximately 10 metres from where the body was found, a white tent was used to cover the deceased."

23 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Somebody explain please.

They moved the deceased to the tent to hide the distressing view from Central Mall Customers. This also left police free to examine landing site for clues

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, AboutThaim said:

Once the crims leaves the room what evidence is left behind?

Most hotels and condos have CCTV. The corridor outside my condo front door in Bangkok has 6 cameras covering the whole length as well as the lift area. You need a keycard to get into the building, to enter the lift lobby, and to select your floor in the lift. All these areas have cameras recording 24/7. There would be plenty of evidence if I was followed to my room.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rumpelstilskin said:

CCTV on every floor Sherlock...

Yes! Maybe something else the police SHOULD check before declaring suicide. IF it's working.

Thanks for that Rumpledforeskin. LOL

2 hours ago, Charlest1971 said:

I have to say after reading various posts from this website, it has certainly put me off, visiting Thailand. This place seems like a death trap. 
Tourists seem to be dieing all over the place. 🤔

I have been living here for more than 25 years, but if I indeed had to make a consideration not to live in this country anymore, there would be very different reasons, for instance, I think of the taxes for foreigners getting higher every time, or the problems that can arise in getting a retirement visa.
But not the possibility of committing suicide, which I can do in so many other countries too, if necessary....but not for now.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

They will examine the body to determine the cause of death in the event HE WAS ALREADY DEAD before he took the tumble.

OR to determine if he was intoxicated, stoned or even drugged (and maybe pushed).

Just because a body hits the ground from a high distance, that doesn't mean the "sudden stop" was the cause of death.

For all ANY OF US know - he may have had a heart attack while standing on the balcony of his hotel room.

It's the Hilton, they have these crazy room numbers. I wonder why they didn't give the name from the hotel. Maybe for their reputation or bad omen. For me it's obvious that the guy made the jump when he got his bill (sarcasm) They Better condamn room 3303. Reminds me room 237 from the shining

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I would say the cause might be falling to the ground from a very high position.

there is much more to it than that..don't you know?  RIP.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tandor said:

there is much more to it than that..don't you know?  RIP.

Ok, do you have more info. Let´s hear. Was he killed, and dead before he hit the ground? If you can provide evidence of that, then I stand corrected.

Otherwise, the cause of death is hitting the ground after a fall from a very high position. But shoot, let´s hear what you have.

Edited by Gottfrid