Aussie Arrested in Pattaya for Mafia Ties and Multiple Offences

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The British suspect, who accidentally dropped a firearm in front of the venue, triggered a security alert that led to police intervention. On police arrival, he and his associates fled but were later captured. This British individual had a lengthy criminal record and past imprisonment in the UK for various offences.

Bit of a snaffu a farang dropping a firearm in front of a night club.  Hardly likely to able say. Whoops. Sorry guys. I do have a carry permit.  Here it is.

Why does Thailand issue visas to people with lengthy criminal records or are they all overstayers on transit visas?  They talk about wanting to get rid of foreign mafia types but seem happy to issue them more than tourist and transit visas in many cases.  Why not insist on home country criminal record like Thais have to produce to get longer stay visas to farang countries? 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, save the frogs said:

maybe if a girl has one small tattoo on her ankle, it's cute

but a body full of tattoos frightens me

I think they want to look scary, must be, as they look ugly as well, but they like to look powerful and scary which overides ugly 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, save the frogs said:

maybe if a girl has one small tattoo on her ankle, it's cute

but a body full of tattoos frightens me

Here you are, contestant on MasterChef Thai born.

Nat-683x1024-1.jpg

Edited by still kicking
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, G_Money said:

Curious as how someone could fraudulently empty your UK bank accounts unless it’s a joint account.

And a victim of assault by a Thai gets blacklisted and deported?  Was that the only incident or did you do something else to cause the deportation?

Blacklisted and deported normally require a fairly serious offense.

Things are looking brighter now.

Legal written authority given to a, then, trusted third party, to access one account for the sole purpose of transferring specific funds to pay for my appointed lawyer but the bank gave full access to all my accounts and allowed the third party to transfer all funds to his own account.   

No other incident other than being assaulted at my rented home but, because I refused to pay the attending police officer 100,000 baht, I was handcuffed and my home was ransacked by the police while I watched.  I was left in a police cell without food or water for 3 days before being taken to court with charges trumped up by the RTP stating that I assaulted neighbour.

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2024 at 11:11 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Because it is their right if they have not been convicted yet.

No it's not in Thailand. How many times have you seen news articles of Thais who have been arrested and not convicted being photographed reeanacting a crime scene for gawkers. They regularly show the faces of crime suspects. I worked at the Bangkok Post. This is definitely not a law or policy in Thailand's news organizations. . 

5 hours ago, spermwhale said:
On 6/7/2024 at 1:11 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Because it is their right if they have not been convicted yet.

No it's not in Thailand. How many times have you seen news articles of Thais who have been arrested and not convicted being photographed reeanacting a crime scene for gawkers. They regularly show the faces of crime suspects.

Yes, it is their right, if they choose not to be initially identified.  That is why many photos show those accused individuals who are paraded before the press hiding their faces or their being obscured, they are not forced to show their faces, neither are they prevented from hiding them.  Faces of the accused shown in crime re-enactments in the media are always hidden (masks, dark glasses hats, whatever) in media photos.