Malaysia Beats Thailand, Singapore as Asia's Most Loved Country

webfact

I mean good for them, but I just don't want to become invested in an Islamic country, which Malaysia is, and could become another Iran any year (look at pics of Iran in the 70's). At any point full Sharia Law can come in and then it's misery. Even though no country is perfectly stable I will take my chances outside of Islamic country and ride out on that one, and yes Malaysia is in a murky ground between being a straight Islamic state and a secular country.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

You go to some Malaysian resorts and you know what it's pretty classy. No cheap backpackers, or cheap flag following mass tourism. 

It's a bit more expensive, but the clientele is much better. 

I take it your "classy" does not refer to the big beach on west Penang island.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Posted (edited)

Also the Philippines above Thailand? What exactly is this based on? Spend a month travelling Thailand. Then do the same in the Philippines. Then dare come look me in the eye and say the Philippines is a country you 'loved' more. Just some random surveys.

Edited by kevozman1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:58 PM, webfact said:

The website highlighted Malaysia's harmonious blend of cultures and religions as a major factor in its appeal. "Malaysia is a great example of unity and friendliness, and its allure extends beyond its modern urban landscapes and natural beauty," Insider Monkey stated.

Have they put public transport in Langkawi then? It's not very friendly making tourists use taxis.

and the cable car on Penang is a great example of double pricing that makes it prohibitively expensive for non Malaysians- that's definitely not friendly.

• Like 1