Do You Guys Use Taobin?

Posted (edited)

I sure do.  100 drinks hot or cold.  Sweetness level.  And a full coffee menu + shots all for 30 baht.  Large cup as well.  Not to mention the points system is generous.  You can get points by adding your phone number after ordering.  But it is optional.

Just the thought that all those clueless overpriced cafes and lazy chayen shops are going out of business makes me sleep with a smile on my face.

How about you?  Taobin with its clean, fast and correct orders or Thai street vendors with the smell of urine, clueless staff and overpriced menus?

image.png.347331e6068e48669eec2f930c645d2d.png

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

The taste is not up to par.

The machine can not crush the ice properly.

Their cups are strong and good quality 

I have tao bin, 7 and starbucks inside my condo. I always go to Starbucks.

11 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I sure do.  100 drinks hot or cold.  Sweetness level.  And a full coffee menu + shots all for 30 baht.  Large cup as well.  Not to mention the points system is generous.  You can get points by adding your phone number after ordering.  But it is optional.

Just the thought that all those clueless overpriced cafes and lazy chayen shops are going out of business makes me sleep with a smile on my face.

How about you?  Taobin with its clean, fast and correct orders or Thai street vendors with the smell of urine, clueless staff and overpriced menus?

Powdered fruit drinks, are you sick. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Coffee is bad for the liver

Not if you use paper filters to filter acrylamide out, aka "pour over" coffee.  I use brown unbleached paper filters from Germany from a Japanese store in Big C shopping mall.

Then coffee is an antioxidant and just as healthy as green or black tea.

If I want to drink tea, I prefer Kombucha which is healthier than the ordinary "cupa".

There.  You learned something new from someone who knows more about the subject than you (SME). 😄

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I have had the hot latte a few times at 35 baht is cheap, but the milk is obviously powdered ....  which makes the coffee taste slightly off.  

You get what you pay for ....

PS .    Tao Bin uses 100% pure cow's milk powder

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Coffee is bad for the liver. Switch to green tea rather if you can in moderation.

Not true.

"Lots of studies have looked at coffee and liver health. Overall these found that drinking coffee is likely to be good for your liver."

https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/information-and-support/living-with-a-liver-condition/coffee/#:~:text=It should be safe for,cirrhosis if they drank coffee.

Green tea is great.

"Green tea is packed full of health-promoting compounds.

Regularly drinking green tea can help you lose weight and reduce your risk of several diseases, including diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

Drinking three to five cups of green tea per day seems to be optimal to reap the most health benefits.

Very high doses may be problematic for some, but generally, green tea’s benefits far outweigh its risks.

In fact, drinking more green tea may greatly improve your health."

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-green-tea-per-day#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5

• Love It 1

I go through phases with them. I normally make my own coffee, but tao bin is a good option if you ask me when you can't be bothered dealing with people. The coffee tastes fine, not top quality but better than the cheap roadside Thai coffee places using condensed milk. 

There is no way I ever will change from a good coffe shop (not starbucks, amazon) and use a vending machine, then I bring my own aeropress when travelling outside home. Coffe is like wine, do not drink cheap squip

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

about last year multiple reports on thai social media that see drinks being dispensed with parts of the blender blades in the cups, must have failed and broken off about the same time

it must have been  1 or 2 years since they opened  

Apart from that the regular cleaning cycles and the maintenance/cleaning done when they restock the supplies and water must be up to the job as i've never heard people got sick from it

On 6/7/2024 at 7:31 PM, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Coffee is bad for the liver. Switch to green tea rather if you can in moderation.

Great for your colon and all those parts below Matcha Green Tea is Best 

On 6/8/2024 at 8:34 AM, Muhendis said:

Not true.

"Lots of studies have looked at coffee and liver health. Overall these found that drinking coffee is likely to be good for your liver."

https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/information-and-support/living-with-a-liver-condition/coffee/#:~:text=It should be safe for,cirrhosis if they drank coffee.

Green tea is great.

"Green tea is packed full of health-promoting compounds.

Regularly drinking green tea can help you lose weight and reduce your risk of several diseases, including diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

Drinking three to five cups of green tea per day seems to be optimal to reap the most health benefits.

Very high doses may be problematic for some, but generally, green tea’s benefits far outweigh its risks.

In fact, drinking more green tea may greatly improve your health."

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-green-tea-per-day#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5

I do 3 cups a day and my colonoscopy came out 100% clear , where 5 years ago had 5 lesions 

On 6/8/2024 at 6:51 AM, Kinok Farang said:

Been using these for years.The taste is not that exciting but the price is.Screenshot_20240608-064849.thumb.png.c00f9d7b05243bc7566605c6dbbe6783.pngScreenshot_20240608-064849.thumb.png.c00f9d7b05243bc7566605c6dbbe6783.png

Never go near those things , Thais can’t even maintain a motorbike ffs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:16 AM, kevin612 said:

I use to drink latte everyday from taobin downstairs but now only once a week because it is no longer cheap 

it's only 35 baht 

On 6/7/2024 at 6:48 PM, Chris Daley said:

Your man of class....forget the ambiance of some coffee shops, or people watching while you slowly sip on the latte, or entertain  the fair sex over some black gold...just hit a vending machine and get the caffeine fix that way...

On 6/7/2024 at 7:31 PM, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Green tea is no substitute for coffee. At least for real men anyway..

• Sad 1