90 day report - leaving 94 days after re-entry from abroad

I am on a re-entry permit with Non-O marriage.

My next flight out of Thailand is on day 94 following my last re-entry to Thailand.

As 94 days is within the "7 days after", the 2000 baht fine wouldn't be due when I exited, but would it be due when I re-entered? And could there be any issues re-entering?

(I just read elsewhere that online reporting is rejected 1st time after re-entry, and I don't want to spend a day at CW if I can just pay a 2000 baht fine.)

Many thanks

you won't have a problem when you arrive and go through immigration.  i've left many times after day 90 but before day 120 and no problems at all when i return.  in the past, i was able to do an online report first time after re-entry (that includes times when my previous stay was over 90 days with no report filed).  maybe things have changed ?  

Certainly in some offices you can do your 90 day up to 7 days late. Immigration at exit port will not check your 90 day report docket anyway, so you’re good to leave without doing it on day 94.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, YaesuBottyLove said:

I am on a re-entry permit with Non-O marriage.

My next flight out of Thailand is on day 94 following my last re-entry to Thailand.

As 94 days is within the "7 days after", the 2000 baht fine wouldn't be due when I exited, but would it be due when I re-entered? And could there be any issues re-entering?

(I just read elsewhere that online reporting is rejected 1st time after re-entry, and I don't want to spend a day at CW if I can just pay a 2000 baht fine.)

Many thanks

Just leave without doing the 90 days, nothing will happen on your return to Thailand.

• Sad 1

Okay this is how 90 day reporting really works (whether it was your experience or not) 

You can apply for a 90 day report in person from 2 weeks before down until 1 week after the due date with no fine,
BUT
That does not mean if you leave within a week of your report being due you have a 'grace period' and don't report.

The rule is written that if you're in thailand on the 90th day you are obligated to report. 

However with that being said, the people at passport control stamping you out of the country don't care in the least if you EVER filed a 90 day report or not (it's not their job). You won't face any scrutiny stamping out of thailand and back in when you return about not having filed a 90 day report within the prescribed time frame  

Your next 90 day report will be due 89 days from the date you stamp back IN to the country, <- and it's at that time they might catch you failed to report on time for the previous 90 day report and they could fine you 2000baht before they let you file again.

Chances are they won't catch it when you come back and go to do the next 90 day report and you won't be fined but just wanted you to know that is a possibility. The up side is the fine is 2000 baht and doesn't increase. So if they do catch that you didn't file on time before leaving it's just the 2000baht   

• Agree 1

90 days means 90 days. The grace period of 7 days applies only if you remain in the country. There is no grace period if you leave the country after 90 days without reporting. 

Whether or not you will be penalized on your next visit to Immigration is unpredictable. 

Why take a chance? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1