Cheap MS Windows 10 Pro Product Key

connda

Has anyone purchased a cheap MS Windows Home or MS Windows Pro product key off of Lazada or elsewhere online.  One that actually works.  If so, what vendor did you purchase from? 

😁 "I thought you were a Linux-Guy.  Ha ha ha ha ha!  Come over to the 'dark-side' hey?"

:whistling: Nah.  I'm setting up a laptop for my son who is a member of Gen-Android.  Laptop installations are more along the lines of my Boomer expertise.  There are reasons he needs a copy with a working product key however I don't want to spend anymore money than I have to for a working product key.  However, past experience on Lazada has shown me that "cheap" oft times doesn't work.  So, looking for a recommendation by someone who successfully bought a cheap, working product key.  :thumbsup:

Why does he need a key? Windows works almost perfectly without one. Most keys, even on Lazada will work or they will replace it. User error is certainly a possibility.

• Agree 1

Just a question? Does he need the serial code for anything, which sounds crazy? Or does he only need Windows 10 to be activated?

In that case you have something called a Digital License

Edited by Gottfrid

6 month ago I bought a Windows 10 key from Shopee for 83 baht, minus 10 baht coupon, so total 73 baht.

Still working fine.

Shopee removes those shops and listings very quickly, so you have to act fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Just a question? Does he need the serial code for anything, which sounds crazy? Or does he only need Windows 10 to be activated?

In that case you have something called a Digital License

Win10 to be activated.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Let us know if you were successful......

Not sure why you didn't post a link, rather than a picture. Both would have been even better. Strange, since you were already on the page.

He cannot order from a screenshot 😊

Edited by NowNow
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Not sure why you didn't post a link, rather than a picture. Both would have been even better. Strange, since you were already on the page.

For some reason the link would not post on here....dunno why as I have posted many in the past....hence my copy and paste....OK happy now now :cheesy:

• Like 1

Are you trying to change the key on an existing installation of Windows? Or are you doing a brand new install?

Some of these keys can be used in either way, but some can only be used for brand new installs.

If the key can only be entered during installation, and your computer already has a different windows license embedded in the hardware, then you may need to make a custom install media which bypasses your computer's built in key and allows you to enter the new one instead.

• Agree 1

Royal CD Keys have it all online and are the best I have found over the last decade - located in Hong Kong.

Price is good and their delivery and support is very good - they will send email with link to download and with codes/keys.

The software and keys are all legal and they work - I have bought a few things from them and no problems.

You want software and want it online - try these guys first.  I am not a gamer, but they do that - very popular with them.

Cheap Operating System Keys - Get Windows 10 and More! – RoyalCDKeys

47 minutes ago, petermik said:

For some reason the link would not post on here....dunno why as I have posted many in the past....hence my copy and paste....OK happy now now :cheesy:

I'm happy in general. But you still didn't post a link 😊

I'll help you out on this occasion: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/windows-10-windows-11-home-pro-32-64-bit-1-pc-a-i4980921308-s20992590871.html

But don't make a habit of it 😊

43 minutes ago, ignis said:

Your second link is sure to confuse. It states free keys, but it isn't what the average user might imagine.

For example: The first key on the list is a KMS client product key for Windows 11 Enterprise N
Windows 10 Enterprise N. The OP need an OEM or Retail key for Windows 10 Pro.

I won't bother to analyze the rest of the keys posted there.

Here is a list of Windows 10 product keys. These product keys are useful for those who don't get the Windows copy.

Windows 10 Product Keys List Free Download:

DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4

3 hours ago, ignis said:

To make it clear to everyone, the 'free''keys posted by ignis will not work for you.

They are KMS client product keys or Microsoft Generic Volume License Keys. You can find them here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kms-client-activation-keys

Obviously posting a link without understanding what they are posting.

To use the keys listed in the link supplied by ignis (which are GVLKs), you must first have a KMS host available on your local network. If you don't already have a KMS host, please see how to create a KMS host to learn more.

If you want to activate Windows without a KMS host available and outside of a volume-activation scenario (for example, you're trying to activate a retail version of Windows client), these keys won't work. You will need to use another method of activating Windows, such as using a MAK, or purchasing a retail license. 

3 hours ago, NowNow said:

The seller is Genuine Tech.  Found it - same price.  Thanks for the screenshot, that provided enough information!  :thumbsup:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/windows-10-windows-11-home-pro-32-64-bit-1-pc-a-i4980921308-s20992590871.html

12 minutes ago, NowNow said:

To make it clear to everyone, the 'free''keys posted by ignis will not work for you.

They are KMS client product keys or Microsoft Generic Volume License Keys. You can find them here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kms-client-activation-keys

Obviously posting a link without understanding what they are posting.

To use the keys listed in the link supplied by ignis (which are GVLKs), you must first have a KMS host available on your local network. If you don't already have a KMS host, please see how to create a KMS host to learn more.

If you want to activate Windows without a KMS host available and outside of a volume-activation scenario (for example, you're trying to activate a retail version of Windows client), these keys won't work. You will need to use another method of activating Windows, such as using a MAK, or purchasing a retail license. 

As many "old men" (such as myself now) told me when I was a kid, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

And I'm at that time of life were gaming the system to save a few bucks simply doesn't ring true north on my moral compass.  So - Lazada it will be when I get around to it - or - simply get off my lazy butt and deal with the Prompt Pay (which I dislike but in this case there ain't no COD as there ain't no shipping).  Anyway, where's my Round TUIT?

il_794xN.3065572370_sf75-3026054057.jpg

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I know. I provided the link for you earlier. 🙂 

My last post was 18 hours ago; yours 2 hours ago.  Basically I found it on Lazada last night using the screenshot. I was browsing the forum and saw this thread in "Popular" - so here I am - "Oh yeah, my thread, maybe I should check it out <laughs>.  But - thanks for the link belatedly.  It's the thought that counts!  💯 :wink: :emot-kiss:

On 6/15/2024 at 9:56 AM, petermik said:

Let us know if you were successful......

Well bought the cheap key and no joy.  Checked and double checked the key and checked and double checked that I entered it correctly (three different attempts). Verified the computer is connected to the network - soooooo.  🤔
Sent error screenshots to the vendor and we'll see how they handle it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, connda said:

Well bought the cheap key and no joy.  Checked and double checked the key and checked and double checked that I entered it correctly (three different attempts). Verified the computer is connected to the network - soooooo.  🤔

Did you run a clean install or just add the key to an existing install?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, connda said:

Run the key through a PID checker tool. It will tell you exactly which edition it should activate.

Take your pick:

https://gitlab.com/stdout12/adns/uploads/16bf833b7fd896cba02310e060331747/SimplePidX_1.4.0.7z

https://github.com/laomms/PidKeyTool

1 hour ago, connda said:

As usual there is no easy method.  The GUI doesn't work - Color me surprised - it's a Microsoft issue.

I'll leave this for anyone who may run into this problem in the future.

Open Powershell Administrator (Windows + X) 
Then enter:

slmgr.vbs /upk (uninstalls any residual key information)
slmgr.vbs /ipk #####-#####-#####-#####-#####  (installs your product key - but in my case it errored out)
Sooooo.....
slmgr.vbs /ato (forces the computer to attempt alternate MS activation servers)
Reboot

Check
slmgr.vbs /dlv

And Bob's your uncle!

Good resource:
https://www.howtogeek.com/245445/how-to-use-slmgr-to-change-remove-or-extend-your-windows-license/#first-open-an-administrator-command-prompt-window

1 hour ago, connda said:

As usual there is no easy method.  The GUI doesn't work - Color me surprised - it's a Microsoft issue.

I'll leave this for anyone who may run into this problem in the future.

Open Powershell Administrator (Windows + X) 
Then enter:

slmgr.vbs /upk (uninstalls any residual key information)
slmgr.vbs /ipk #####-#####-#####-#####-#####  (installs your product key - but in my case it errored out)
Sooooo.....
slmgr.vbs /ato (forces the computer to attempt alternate MS activation servers)
Reboot

Check
slmgr.vbs /dlv

And Bob's your uncle!

Good resource:
https://www.howtogeek.com/245445/how-to-use-slmgr-to-change-remove-or-extend-your-windows-license/#first-open-an-administrator-command-prompt-window

I doubt it was a Microsoft issue.  Plus what you did with Command Prompt/Powershell is absolutely standard form if you are adding a key to an already installed OS. 

You left important information out. Such as whether it was a clean install or the adding of a key to an earlier install.