Police Raid Uncovers Child Prostitution Ring in Bangkok Karaoke Bar

webfact

50 minutes ago, novacova said:

Good grief, delusional rationalism. It’s imperative that children focus on learning during the years of development without being distracted and corrupted by twisted creep perv adults. Why can’t folks such as yourself understand this? Is because that you’re part of the problem?

The problem obviously is YOU. You can't or don't want to see reality. Bad karma, I'd say 

9 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Seems to miss the point. The girls likely do understand what they're doing, they're not old enough to consent to it though. The exact age settled on by law is a grey area, but I think you can agree a 10 year old cannot consent to this, even if they have been thoroughly educated on the work, and understand it. For the same reason they can't consent to working in a coal mine or other high risk job. The law being set to 18 seems reasonable.

Girls can start menstruation before the age of ten, so not entirely clear the point you're making here. 

Is there anything you have/want to say? 😳

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Why didn't their relatives get free healthcare? From what I have seen,  it's good.

Yes I was wondering the same thing. Thailand boasts about this so called free health care. Much of the world admires Thailand for this claim. So why would these girls need money for this? Perhaps it's not so free if one wants proper care and this story is true. Then of course the girls go to a loan shark for this healthcare funding which is supposed to be free. With 120% interest per year the girls need some big bucks just to pay the interest or they will also need healthcare! So in desperation we have this article. It's a vicious circle and it's fairly obvious where this problem is created.

15 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Yes I was wondering the same thing. Thailand boasts about this so called free health care. Much of the world admires Thailand for this claim. So why would these girls need money for this? Perhaps it's not so free if one wants proper care and this story is true. Then of course the girls go to a loan shark for this healthcare funding which is supposed to be free. With 120% interest per year the girls need some big bucks just to pay the interest or they will also need healthcare! So in desperation we have this article. It's a vicious circle and it's fairly obvious where this problem is created.

Well, I have had relatives get operations to cure cancer for free. Decent healthcare from what I saw.

I bet the families were gambling.

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

However, if they know what they are doing or not, is very debatable. if you are not aware of what sex is and how to do when making children at the age of 15-18, then both the school, parents, yourself and the whole education system has failed. I am convinced that they know exactly what they are doing, but also convinced that they do not want or like it one bit.

By 15 typically an uncle has shown them the ropes.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

By 15 typically an uncle has shown them the ropes.

So, you think that is the norm and that common so you spout it out here as standard? I am really amazed by the widespread delusion here.

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Even if my first comment is vague, according to you, you can still not take info from the second one and later refer to the first. 

I didn't 'take info' from it, I quoted it independently, and both your comments push the same idea. Any benefit of the doubt is lost as they reinforce each other.

After the first comment I clearly explain in the second how it was not anybody who was misled

Yes you did, I'm not sure why you're clarifying this, as it's precisely this explanation I'm responding to.

The girls in question was not coerced into anything as that requires an act of violence or threats.

Coercion takes many forms. Debt bondage (regardless of the work involved) involves coercion where a minor is involved, it's even dicey where consenting adults are involved.

parents that had those threats hanging over them, and they let the girls go ahead and in a dirty way save the family. Something that means exactly what I explained in my second post.

Which is exactly why we have laws protecting minors, as parents aren't always responsible guardians. These girls were almost certainly not free to make these choices. I use the term 'almost certainly', as 18 being age of consent, as stated before, is a grey area - some people mature faster than others.  Which is why I raised 10 year olds as a counter example, to eliminate this aspect of doubt. At what age in your mind would coercion be involved - or would it be considered coercion free at any age?

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, you think that is the norm and that common so you spout it out here as standard? I am really amazed by the widespread delusion here.

Yeah.. I do think that is the norm.

if not an uncle its a cousin/brother.... either way by 15 most are well versed in the reverse cowboy.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Is there anything you have/want to say? 😳

It would seem that you don't, as I sense some backpedaling on your part when asked for clarification.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

if not an uncle its a cousin/brother.... either way by 15 most are well versed in the reverse cowboy.

Oh dear. Seems to me that you have a lot of experience of 15 year old girls, Ralf. How on earth would you be able to post something like that otherwise?

2 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Yes you did, I'm not sure why you're clarifying this, as it's precisely this explanation I'm responding to.

Ok, but you still did that based on the only sentence in the first post, right? Maybe you understand now, or do I have to repeat myself more. Starting to feel like a parrot. 🤣

10 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

No, she doesn't know what she's doing, as her brain is nowhere near developed and with that comes irrational decisions, especially regarding letting someone into your body, and with that can come a pregnancy where a baby will usually be left without a father, and a mother who is involved in a business not to be proud of but despised. Much of the time that baby will be left with grandma, who is usually not in a position to raise a child, especially if she's illiterate, too old or too busy.

Many of these younger girls, and boys, are forced into this business being hooked on drugs by these scumbag traffickers. People who's only agenda is making money on others. Traffickers , convicted, should be given a life sentence, no parole, and the "men" who these girls are sold to, at least a 10 year sentence, also no parole. Only when punishment is severe will others think twice before using another person for monetary gain.

From my experience Thai brains don't really develop until they get to around 40 years of age and even then they are only at a comparitive level of an average 15 year old western youth.
But on a more serious note this is nothing new and has been happening for decades and it all stems from the desparate need for money to pay off debts or support family.

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh dear. Seems to me that you have a lot of experience of 15 year old girls, Ralf. How on earth would you be able to post something like that otherwise?

Been 30 yrs since I last tapped a 15yr old !

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Been 30 yrs since I last tapped a 15yr old !

Really? How on earth can you sit in with such facts then? Or are you just guessing and making up things as usual?

12 hours ago, 300sd said:

It's more than likely the loan shark gives the money to the girls parents & they basically sign their daughters off as collateral.... Probably more loans are made & the girls become basically indentured.....

Noticably missing is any report of  parents contacting the police concerning the whereabouts & welfare of their daughters.....

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, but you still did that based on the only sentence in the first post, right?

No it was based on your reply, but as you were incapable of connecting the dots - I offered additional clarification.

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Clarification? Of what? Your gibberish? Geez🥱

Clarification of whether the onset of menstruation, means someone has reached the age of consent.

Is that what you meant, or did you mean something else?

One Ring to rule them all

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

1, The girls are not old enough to consent, so what they "know" doesn't matter and, 2, just because someone is mentally aware of what they are doing, doesn't mean they are in a position to make a rational choice that does not harm them.  That's what the "age of consent" is for, because even if they're willing we say they are not allowed for their own protection.

"What they know doesn't matter". You just inadvertently put your finger on the madness of our time. What they know (and understand and feel and say ....) should matter. It should in fact be what matters most. 

7 hours ago, jacob29 said:

No it was based on your reply, but as you were incapable of connecting the dots - I offered additional clarification.

There are no dots to connect. You took info from one article a refer to quoting another when asked. That has nothing to do with dots. It had to do with stupidity.

Edited by Gottfrid

15 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I, along with probably many here, wonder where you get your information from. It looks like you are saying many, if not most girls in Thailand, are victims of incest and have been into sex by the time they are 15. There aren't any stats on this that I could see, but I'm willing to bet most of the girls 15 and under never have had sex. Of course, in many poor countries, and especially farming, boring countries, there isn't much else to do but farm, drink and have sex, but this does happen in a lot of places, including the US, as crack came flying out of the Midwest because it's also a boring life there. Yes, incest does happen here, as it does in every country, but it's still a rare occurrence and not the "norm". You stating that most at 15 are well versed in doing it cowboy comes from what? Your experience? You could have 100 15 year olds but that's only a fraction of 1% of all the 15 year olds alive, and if you had any 15 year old it's wrong anyway, even if you were 15 also. Any older and you're a pedophile, except here, with it's ridiculous 15 year old consent age, which was probably made up by a group of pedophiles themselves, because a 15 year old girl is a child, and a child has no business having sex anyway. Your statement should have been, "In my personal experience, one 15 year old was well versed in doing it cowboy, and any more would just be a guess on my part".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

One Ring to rule them all

"What they know doesn't matter". You just inadvertently put your finger on the madness of our time. What they know (and understand and feel and say ....) should matter. It should in fact be what matters most. 

I don't agree. If a 15 year old girl knows how to have sex, understands what it is, feels like it's OK and says she has no problem with being a prositute, it's still illegal.

Besides, the girls in this case are being forced into doing it 

• Thumbs Up 1