Credit card deception

20 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Don't leave money in the Wise account above $10. Then you won't lose much. Move money across after.

I lost nothing - Wise refunded the total amount and sent me a new debit card.  I manually froze that card because Wise again activated before they sent it by standard post (Doh!!).  That card was of course stolen again, but since it was frozen, no money was taken 🙂

On 6/15/2024 at 12:22 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Your joking right?

You have the same APATHY attitude as the idiot I rang in the Australian Federal police , what's the word ..is it nonchalant..in other words not taking it seriously 

These  people who used my CC must of been laughing at me as they ATE on my money !

All having a good old laugh at George ! 

Well I for one am not taking it ! 

"Must have", not "must of".

On 6/15/2024 at 11:46 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Recently I came back to my home country of Australia after being locked up in Pattaya for 6 weeks, I won't get into the full story as I'm suffering PTSD over it

But I checked my credit card statement to see 5 transactions for Uber made in Europe totalling $400 US in one night !

I immediately rang the credit card company ( Australian bank) to get a very bad woman on the end who told me she would cancel my card and I must go and fill out a dispute form and send it in.

She was clearly unemotional and I  was angry and she told me to calm down 

I had my CC in front of me so who used it for $400 in the UK for Uber when I was in Thailand?

She told me it's likely someone could of bought my numbers off the dark web or copied my card 

Now I rang the police in Australia who were disinterested and smart arse who asked me if I wanted they send a team of top Australian detectives to London ,when I said yes ! He hung up the phone !

So I rang the UK London metro detectives who were a bit more nicer and they told me to ring the bank in Australia but if I found a nameof any offender  to call them back 

Any idea how they  would use my CC details to buy food  in a uber eats  across the World ?

I had the opposite with Krungsri card. I tried to use it for UBER in India. The moment I've put the number in, I got a FRAUD ALERT SMS and message in their app with instructions how to confirm my identity and approve it for use. Very pleased.

Maybe ask your bank if they have anything similar?

On 6/15/2024 at 11:58 AM, georgegeorgia said:

The big deal is ....I have the CC in front of me !

How did someone use it?

Secondly the attitude of the bank and Australian police 

She at the bank told me she calls hundreds of phone calls a night about disputed transactions 😲.well do something about it 

The UK detectives (London)  I rang were much better

although I had trouble over the phone understanding the Scottish police ( Scotland Yard) I also rang from Australia,they assured me if I got any names of these people who used my CC in the UK when I was in Thailand ....to order home delivery food they would go after them if I file a complaint form even if I live in Australia

The pathetic disinterested cc card company which is a major Australian bank 

they told you what happened, your card info was skimmed and sold. its normal everywhere in the world that they cancel your card and issue a new one. They investigate the false charges and credit them back. your making a big issue for nothing. You seem to be complaining in all your post on here about whatever issue is in front of you. how were you locked up or detained in Pattaya, you just didnt like your visit. 

31 minutes ago, Dan O said:

they told you what happened, your card info was skimmed and sold. its normal everywhere in the world that they cancel your card and issue a new one. They investigate the false charges and credit them back. your making a big issue for nothing. You seem to be complaining in all your post on here about whatever issue is in front of you. how were you locked up or detained in Pattaya, you just didnt like your visit. 

His story is BS, compulsive liar.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's clear what enough people think of the Op's input to this forum.... 

'A complete liar'.... seems to be the general drift....   sadly, it seems he needs help.

I really feel sorry coming from the same country as he does.

• Like 1

I must have one of the most secure cc in the world. They send me a notification within 10 min of any use of the card and the amount. They give a different virtual cc number for each online store and utility bill collector that can't be used by any of the others. Of course, it doesn't stop getting skimmed in a crowded place, there are special wallets for that, or if you wear an aluminum hat, you could put it in there😉. Also on top of that, I black out the security number so it can't be read by eye or photocopied. You still have to look out for the skimmers that look like rain coverers they put on the ATMs.

Recently I came back to my home country of Australia after being locked up in Pattaya for 6 weeks, I won't get into the full story as I'm suffering PTSD over it

But I checked my credit card statement to see 5 transactions for Uber made in Europe totalling $400 US in one night !

I immediately rang the credit card company ( Australian bank) to get a very bad woman on the end who told me she would cancel my card and I must go and fill out a dispute form and send it in.

She was clearly unemotional and I  was angry and she told me to calm down 

I had my CC in front of me so who used it for $400 in the UK for Uber when I was in Thailand?

She told me it's likely someone could of bought my numbers off the dark web or copied my card 

Now I rang the police in Australia who were disinterested and smart arse who asked me if I wanted they send a team of top Australian detectives to London ,when I said yes ! He hung up the phone !

So I rang the UK London metro detectives who were a bit more nicer and they told me to ring the bank in Australia but if I found a nameof any offender  to call them back 

Any idea how they  would use my CC details to buy food  in a uber eats  across the World ?

Scotland Yard isn't in Scotland, it's in London.

Why were you locked up in Pats for 6 weeks?

I have one CC on a USA bank I use for all my international travel as it offers significant perks, like no foreign transaction fees, etc. It's been defrauded three times. I have my bank's app which I set to immediately notify me of any charge on that card. The first time hundreds of dollars for various things overnight (my phone on do not disturb, so I didn't get the notices). I called the bank immediately, they canceled the card, credited my account for the fraud charges, and sent me a new card. Which took a long time for me to get because my friend had to forward it to me in Thailand. The second time was surprising because I had only bought a few reputable travel things online, but was quickly alerted by my bank app, and again the bank quickly credited my account and sent me a new card. Then I learned that I can lock my card with the app. Now I keep that card locked all the time, and only open it to make a purchase after which I immediately lock it again. The third time I got some notifications from the app of small (less than a dollar) unauthorized transactions, which I realize are "test" transactions that scammers do to verify it before hitting it big time. They didn't go through because my card was locked. I told the bank, they immediately sent me a replacement card. Now I realize my card WILL be scammed occasionally, and my defense is to keep it locked. It's a slight inconvenience every time at Lotus, 7-11, online travel companies, etc. to unlock it during each use, but is a small price to pay to avoid getting scammed, again.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, susanlea said:

His story sounds real enough. 

Of course it does!🤣🤣🤣🤣 especially the bit about Scotland Yard, are you his sister or mop bucket assistant?😊

Edited by roo860
  • Love It 1

On 6/15/2024 at 9:52 PM, simon43 said:

Amazingly YES! Wise sent me an activated card by standard post in the UK - and they wonder why it was stolen and used to buy 200 quid of delivery food 🙂

Yeah wow... <deleted> that !

There are plenty of scammers, especially in Asia, using wireless card skimming devices in airports and popular tourist spots. The best thing you can do to minimize this risk going forward is to install a digital wallet app on your phone, like Apple Wallet or Google Wallet, add your credit cards to the digital wallets, and then leave your physical cards at home and always pay with your phone. These apps generate a unique number with each transaction so nobody can ever get access to your card details. If you do choose to carry the physical card with you, it's best to keep it in a wallet with RFID protection.

Keep in mind that many merchants in Asia dont have modern POS terminals set up to accept digital wallet apps, but better restaurants will and so will major chains like McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, etc. Also, many larger hotels will want to see the physical card so they can get the details in case you incur any incidentals or damage the property, which is why I use AirBnb when booking accomodation to get around this issue.

Edited by AsiaTraveler1234

immediately rang the credit card company ( Australian bank) to get a very bad woman on the end

I get violently ill and suffer PTSD going back to Oz, those very bad, miserable woman are everywhere. 

None here in Thailand, the Thai women are all stunning beauties that smell like flowers. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
On 6/15/2024 at 12:38 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So on which number did you directly contact "Scotland Yard"?

On 6/15/2024 at 12:40 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

B0llocks.

On 6/15/2024 at 1:37 PM, bubblegum said:

BS story. Scotland Yard is a name/branch it is NOT in Scotland you nimwitt.

On 6/15/2024 at 1:39 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

This story is not true. 

On 6/15/2024 at 1:45 PM, thainet said:

Your mental capacity is beyond belief.

On 6/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, KannikaP said:

So renders your story as the usual BS.

On 6/15/2024 at 2:10 PM, roo860 said:

Bullsh!t topic from the usual suspect,

On 6/15/2024 at 2:17 PM, roo860 said:

He's an attention seeking <deleted>.

On 6/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, roo860 said:

It's a BS story, total <deleted> 

On 6/15/2024 at 3:15 PM, worgeordie said:

George dialed 999 and got through to the flying squad .......

On 6/15/2024 at 9:48 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

He could, of course, have the Metropolitan Police Commissioner on speed dial.

11 hours ago, stoner said:

this should tell you volumes of what they think of this BS story. 

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Just another BS made up story 

9 hours ago, roo860 said:

His story is BS, compulsive liar.

Crikey georgie, you've got some fan club here. 

You have thick skin, this negativity doesn't bother you, you just keep posting here on AN. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Crikey georgie, you've got some fan club here. 

You have thick skin, this negativity doesn't bother you, you just keep posting here on AN. 😂

Me personally, or all who replied about Scotland Yard

• Like 1
  • Confused 1