I've fallen into Grab (food) "customer service" hell!

Jingthing

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I gave a SAD emoji, I feel for you.

Not the answer but BOLT has an easy access live conversation facility and they do have 'benefits'.

I use BOLT for rides, not Grab.

But I use Grab a lot for restaurant delivery.

Posted (edited)

In case anyone is actually following this at the granular level, the reasons I decided to pay the false charge were to both get instant cashless access of course but ALSO because of a faint hope that would solve the blockage of normal customer service (chat and call) on my app. It did not. I could have filed a double payment form before doing that with an explanation and just because I do now have an actual double payment doesn't necessarily mean Grab will agree with me. As far as they're concerned, I hadn't paid before.  As stated before. it's not about a clearly unfair one time hit of 300 baht which is obviously no big deal, rather its about the entire application not being trustworthy for me anymore, and sadly that is still the case. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I was unable to fix the app.

I did find a way to.form report that so I can send them a screenshot of missing help.system.

I paid the demand and can now order cashless.

I will file the double pay form.

If they accept it as it would be a debit refund that can take 45 business days up.to never.

I no longer trust the app.

I will order more expensive orders cash and monitor if the problem of charges not being recorded repeats.

So now in customer service purgatory.

I get my partner to order. One less thing to think about. Less thinking is less worrying which becomes a better life. Why worry about such trivial things.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

In case anyone is actually following this at the granular level, the reasons I decided to pay the false charge were to both get instant cashless access of course but ALSO because of a faint hope that would solve the blockage of normal customer service (chat and call) on my app. It did not. I could have filed a double payment form before doing that with an explanation and just because I do now have an actual double payment doesn't necessarily mean Grab will agree with me. As far as they're concerned, I hadn't paid before.  As stated before. it's not about a clearly unfair one time hit of 300 baht which is obviously no big deal, rather its about the entire application not being trustworthy for me anymore, and sadly that is still the case. 

Thanks for the update.

Posted (edited)

Just had a 600 baht cashless order canceled saying they couldn't authorize card. Good news this time they did charge my bank but later automatically reversed it. I want to use cashless because I pay for a plan that gives me free delivery but not for cash orders.

Edited by Jingthing