Filipina Woman Overstays in Thailand for Over 4 Years

webfact

6 minutes ago, RobU said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did you need their assistance for that?

Yes he does,  Only ADMIN can delete posts

WHOOSH!   Gawd...

I was referring, tongue-in-cheek, to this part of his comment...

"...so I can look like an idiot".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

Yes, you probably are.  Why should there be any empathy (or sympathy) for those who deliberately abuse the system, from those who comply with it?   Is she special?

Yes she is. She's Filipina and speaks better English than you.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, RobU said:

To justify that accusation, an example of my "loving to argue" and "twisting words for an argument", as opposed to expressing an opinion that may differ from other's, would be interesting.   

It's odd that so many posters see my opinions, on a forum that encourages opinions, to be "argumentative" simply because they differ from theirs!

Expand  

You don't express opinions Lou, you merely answer other peoples posts in an argumentative manner often quoting what they said out of context.

That's your subjective opinion, it is not factual.   Doubtless, though, you have an example of what I am being accused of to quote?  Put your money where your mouth is. 

Have you (and all the others) considered that my opinion, sometimes differing from others, being called "argumentative", by definition, means that those having different opinions to mine must also be "argumentative"?   Or perhaps there are just different rules applied to me here?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

I can imagine she got caught up with the COVID restrictions and travel problems, which granted her a grace period beyond her visa when she last entered the country. Then got lazy (or willfully abandoned reporting) once she was supposed to report many months (a year?) later for extensions, thinking she just disappeared into the woodwork. Probably getting nabbed at church was low in her expectations. 

• Like 1

Does not matter where they come from she got caught and now is returned.Remember the ladyboy fight in bkk wonder if any illegals were amoung them.4 yrs overstay with out getting caught her time she knew would end soon

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yes she is. She's Filipina and speaks better English than you.

So lame, but you know her?   Didn't think so.  Maybe English is my second language?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 hours ago, webfact said:

immigration-related offences.

So that notion does exist, the French government has been telling me for 40 years that even thinking about it is racist.

• Thumbs Up 1

WHOOSH!   Gawd...

I was referring, tongue-in-cheek, to this part of his comment...

"...so I can look like an idiot".

WHOOSH Gawd... (how ridiculous can you get)

Why didn't you quote that part?

Or do you expect everyone to read your mind as to which part you were referring to?

• Haha 1

Have you (and all the others) considered that my opinion, sometimes differing from others, being called "argumentative", by definition, means that those having different opinions to mine must also be "argumentative"? 

No, others have differing opinions but it isn’t argumentative.

You are argumentative. Not an opinion, it is a fact.

Or perhaps there are just different rules applied to me here?

playing the victim are we Lou.

• Agree 1

That's your subjective opinion, it is not factual.   Doubtless, though, you have an example of what I am being accused of to quote?  Put your money where your mouth is. 

Have you (and all the others) considered that my opinion, sometimes differing from others, being called "argumentative", by definition, means that those having different opinions to mine must also be "argumentative"?   Or perhaps there are just different rules applied to me here?

My opinion is objective, are you aware that anyone on this forum can look at all your historical posts, 99% of which are attacks on other people's posts.  You don't state your opinion up front you attack other people's opinions, and you are usually extremely sarcastic and often quote part of their post out of context.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, you seemed to be suggesting that it may have done!...

"Dates seem to match up with Covid". 

No it was just an observation.

You are now backtracking and admitting that I didn’t actually say it, but in your mind you imagined I “seemed to be suggesting it” 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

She'll be fine, the embassy would help her go home. Thai immigration officers may seem like @$$es at times but they are still lenient with Filipinos compared to other ASEAN countries. As part Filipino who grew up in Thailand and aware of the community, Thais and Filipinos get along fine, except when it comes to beauty pageants.😂

Embassies don't pay to repatriate citizens, especially those who have broken local laws, that is a fact of international law. She will remain in custody until she can pay her own fare back to the Philippines

Edited by RobU

3 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

As do millions of Cambodian, Burmese and Laotians in Thailand

Not millions but people 'level up' to a country where they can make more than where they were born. Can't blame them to be honest.

1 minute ago, MalcolmB said:

Millions

How many Cambodian migrant workers are in Thailand?

Around 1,262,175

In December 2020, there were officially 1,574,324 Burmese migrant workers in Thailand's labour registration system. Two years later, there were 1,981,739. Significantly more are thought to be working unregistered and informally.

A report published in February by the Vientiane Times said approximately 228,000 Laotians were working in Thailand, including 70,000 without permits.

They are not illegal - get it right, please this thread is about an ILLEGAL 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Targeting a Catholic Church because “foreigners” gather there sounds very much like targeting Philippine nationals.

Its rank racial profiling but I guess that’s pretty much standard here.

Well, they are targeting foreigners for immigration offences.  Presumably there will be blatant and unavoidable racial profiling by intent.  They couldn't really do it any other way.

It's all a bit "papers please", but you can see the logic behind the location of choice.

Edited by BangkokReady

17 hours ago, webfact said:

A Filipina woman who had entered and exited Thailand 26 times has been caught overstaying in the country for over four years.

Looks like those 26 visa runs were as much as she could handle, others grow tired of them much sooner. 

21 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

Methinks that there is a big gap in the Immigration system if she overstayed for 4 years and went in and out of the country 26 times. The rules need to bed changed if they cannot implement the current rules. 

Good on her. 

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I wasn't making any claim that there would be any sort of "legal protection" applicable here".

Really? Your post suggested that there is..."Historically, places of worship have been sort of like sanctuaries, and in some cases, legally such".

"I also didn't claim or even remotely imply that acts of war would be applicable here, so why on earth would you mention that?"

I mentioned it because you brought it up...

"This protection can also be seen in how places of worship are given special consideration during war" and I didn't want you to cloud this issue with it.

"Remedial reading 101..."

Indeed.  Perhaps you should do some, there is no such deficiency in my English-reading ability.

Yes, really. You still don't seem to be able to comprehend what is written at face value, but insist on applying your own interpretation, reading between the lines. As I said, AGAIN, I wasn't making any claim. You strongly imply that I was, yet at the same time use language that would show that I wasn't making a claim, but that I "suggested", which I didn't and I explained what I was doing, which of course you reject because apparently you seem to think you know my intended meaning better than myself. Either way, if it were a suggestion, as you posit, such modality is not a claim.

Yeah, well... maybe Reading 101 is too advanced for you. You need the prerequisite of attitudinal adjustment and reform of know-it-all syndrome.
I'm done. No use in continuing... Have a better day.

15 hours ago, sambum said:

"It's no wonder the US is so strict about giving visas to certain demographic groups."

Which in itself merely exacerbates the problem. If someone already in the country applies for a work permit and gets rejected, do you think they are going to say "Oh, that's a shame", and return to their home country? 

No, I think they are just going to stay and remain part of the "Black Economy", and I am sure that there are plenty of unscrupulous employers  willing to employ them at reduced wages! 

Yes, I do think they (the majority) are going to say, "Oh, that's a shame", and return to their home country. I like to believe that the majority of people are not criminals.
I suppose you could say that making laws exacerbates problems, much like those who argue that speeding laws exacerbate traffic issues. However, I don't find that argument logical or convincing. A country can't simply, willy-nilly hand out work visas to everyone who requests one. I know you didn't say such and may not intend that, but it could be seen as a logical progression from your position. Certainly, there will always be individuals who engage in criminal activities and contribute to the 'Black Economy.' This is precisely why we have laws — to provide recourse against such lawless individuals who demonstrate a disregard for the societal norms reinforced by a legal framework.
Agreed, there are unscrupulous employers who criminally exploit these individuals for their own selfish gain, thus further necessitating laws to address such antisocial behavior. It may indeed be in the best interest of society not to allow such individuals to operate businesses.

On 6/17/2024 at 12:26 AM, webfact said:

A Filipina woman who had entered and exited Thailand 26 times has been caught overstaying in the country for over four years. Thai police discovered her during a routine inspection aimed at curbing immigration-related offences.

What about the 90-days repports?  Thailand is and will be a haven for criminals.