Thailand Refuses To Sign Document Of The Swiss 'Peace' Summit

1 hour ago, TedG said:

No one is poking the Russian bear.  Putin decided to invade Ukraine for no reason and West is helping Ukraine defend their borders. 

That's really simplistic, but it is good many enough believe, so we have enough human resources to fight the wars coming our way. We need believers 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, johng said:

@TedG  said Putin invaded for no reason.

I said Putin has stated his reasons,the fact many don't agree with his reasons  doesn't mean that there are no reasons...I think his reason are more valid than the ones we were given for both Iraq wars and Afghanistan  which turned out to be total fabrications.

The loss of life,carnage and mutilation on both sides is horrible...but hey lets have a "peace" conference without inviting all warring sides to the table.

What are the valid reason? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

@TedG  said Putin invaded for no reason.

I said Putin has stated his reasons,the fact many don't agree with his reasons  doesn't mean that there are no reasons...I think his reason are more valid than the ones we were given for both Iraq wars and Afghanistan  which turned out to be total fabrications.

The loss of life,carnage and mutilation on both sides is horrible...but hey let’s have a "peace" conference without inviting all warring sides to the table.

What reason do you feel is valid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Who is they Bob?  Are they in the room with you now?  

They might be rabas - but they are getting none of the wine I'm due to open very shortly! good evening 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

biological "research

Is a conspiracy theory even embraced by the right wing nuts in Usa who actually speak Putins propaganda. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TedG said:

Why did NATO expand?  Was it became counties wanted to be protected from Putin?

The Civil are in Donbas was egged on my Putin.  

Russia soon annexed Crimea after a highly disputed referendum. In April 2014, Russian-backed militants seized towns in Ukraine's eastern Donbas region and proclaimed the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) and the Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) as independent states, starting the Donbas war.

The Biological research labs are Russian propaganda.  Please provide evidence. 

It’s not Putin’s business if Ukraine joins the EU.   

Counties around Russia want nothing to do with Russia. 

The research labs is a part of a world wide program and existing, but not as the conspiracy theorists want it to be.

Every country do have biological research labs

https://ua.usembassy.gov/embassy/kyiv/sections-offices/defense-threat-reduction-office/biological-threat-reduction-program/

Not so unlikely we are part of biolgical researches in China, which the very same conspiracy theorists mix up with the leak of covid as a bigger plan

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

good evening 

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

I'm from Essex,

In case you couldn't tell
My given name is Dickie
I come from Billericay
And I'm doing very well

Ian Dury and the Blockheads  Billericay Dickie  😋

Yeah I know off topic  but seeing the first 2 lines the song just popped into my head.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TedG said:

Nope

https://www.state.gov/the-kremlins-never-ending-attempt-to-spread-disinformation-about-biological-weapons/

Russia, like the Soviet Union before it, has pushed false claims for decades about biological weapons in an attempt to create mistrust in the peaceful global efforts and public health institutions that counter biological threats. Since the February 2022 full-scale invasion of Ukraine, Russia’s disinformation and propaganda ecosystem  has increased the volume and intensity of its disinformation about biological weapons in an unsuccessful attempt to deflect attention from its invasion of Ukraine, to diminish international support for Ukraine, and to justify its unjustifiable war.

Nope? 

What do you think I wrote? And what kind of link did I produce? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, johng said:

Victoria Nuland  ?

Then understand why countries have biological labs, and do not be so easy target for misinformation 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, johng said:

In case you couldn't tell
My given name is Dickie
I come from Billericay
And I'm doing very well

Ian Dury and the Blockheads  Billericay Dickie  😋

Yeah I know off topic  but seeing the first 2 lines the song just popped into my head.

They tell me I'm a Russian Bot, so all my time at Roots Hall supporting Southend was wasted (it probably was, lol).

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, BobBKK said:

They tell me I'm a Russian Bot, so all my time at Roots Hall supporting Southend was wasted (it probably was, lol).

Russian bot, Putin apologist/sympathiser, Kremlin propagandist, paid shill, troll, CCP board member, communist, Red (although to be fair, it’s only one uneducated poster who brandishes this term)….

Looks like we are in good company, together with the likes of prominent individuals such as Jeffrey Sachs, John Mearsheimer, Ted Postel, Lawrence Wilkerson, Gilbert Doctorow etc etc.

I wonder why the pro-collective west posters almost inevitably resort to name calling. I guess by labelling some of us, they feel they don’t have to take our points seriously. It’s almost as if they fear truth 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You've got all the specious Kremlin talking points. It's weird how many westerners have positioned themselves as repeaters of such garbage.

Quite so. And we're referred to as "the collective west", whatever that means. Obviously they excuse themselves from membership of same. So where does it leave them? The collective east? In Essex? Or wherever @Gweiloman hails from? If they've opted out of any western association, why are they still there? Its NATO. It's EU. Move to a non EU non NATO country if you find them so offensive! Let's see... Libya? Syria? CAR? Or some other Putin outpost? North Korea maybe. Iran possibly. Venezuela?Might well be next on Putin's charm (🤮) offensive.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Quite so. And we're referred to as "the collective west", whatever that means. Obviously they excuse themselves from membership of same. So where does it leave them? The collective east? In Essex? Or wherever @Gweiloman hails from? If they've opted out of any western association, why are they still there? Its NATO. It's EU. Move to a non EU non NATO country if you find them so offensive! Let's see... Libya? Syria? CAR? Or some other Putin outpost? North Korea maybe. Iran possibly. Venezuela?Might well be next on Putin's charm (🤮) offensive.

So where does it leave them?

The global majority of course, lol.

• Confused 2

On 6/22/2024 at 8:56 PM, Hummin said:

It is a challenging future ahead of us, and will put our democracy to its ultimate test, especially with more people who believe the same as you do. 

What "democracy" is that? Having a vote every few years is not "democracy", but you probably know that. Did Biden have a referendum before sending billions of US $ to Ukraine and israel? Did Sunak?

Did my local council ask us before building a useless cycle path that cost millions? No to all the above.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

Move to a non EU non NATO country if you find them so offensive!

LOL. Many of us did just that by living in LOS. If my country had a pension agreement with Thailand I'd still be there.

Still get posters moaning because Thailand isn't on board with western sucking up to Ukraine. Good for Thailand not doing so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/22/2024 at 8:59 PM, Hummin said:

Do you understand we are at a war, and need to form and encourage people to pull in the same direction? 

Whatever you believe, there is no sane people who want Russia and China to win above western standards, unfortunate it seems many is on the same path as Tucker Carlson.

Sooooo, just because Biden and Sunak etc think they should sent all the $ to Ukraine I should support a losing battle?

No way that is going to happen.

China will likely win because we gave them all the money to do so- more fool us. Everything they have was probably built with western money given to them in exchange for cheap and often useless goods. Serves us right for allowing it.

• Confused 2