Thailand Refuses To Sign Document Of The Swiss 'Peace' Summit

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Swiss don't have a problem with referendums, so that's your argument shot down right there.

While it would be impracticable to hold a referendum on everything, sending billions of the taxpayer's money to fund a war that is nothing to do with one's own country definitely should be approved, or not, by the citizens. There was no attack on the US or the EU so they had no reason not to do so.

Do they have anything to contribute? Nah. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No culture. Nothing.

Seriously? Some great composers and writers came out of Russian culture. The Russian Ballet is world renowned.

Culture didn't begin in the 1960s, by the way.

They beat the US into space, beat them to put up a space station, have an Antarctic base on the coldest part of the planet, run the largest country in the world, but of course you are correct, they have nothing.

Great music and literature since 1990? Or even 1950? Under Putin, nothing. And ballet? Didn't Nureyev defect while touring with the Bolshoi? Yes, i think so. I'm 1974 Solzhenitsyn was stripped of his Soviet citizenship for The Gulag Archipelago, and exiled, having already  spent 8 years in the gulags and in internal exile for criticizing Stalin. He moved with his family abroad. To America! Imagine that.

Putinistas are remarkable for their complete and utter ignorance of Russian and/or Soviet history. Some have read maybe a 19th century Russian short story, listened to a piece by Stravinsky. But that's it.

The Swiss? This is tedious.

Edited by bradiston
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Great music and literature since 1990? Or even 1950? Under Putin, nothing. And ballet? Didn't Nureyev defect while touring with the Bolshoi? Yes, i think so. I'm 1974 Solzhenitsyn was stripped of his Soviet citizenship for The Gulag Archipelago, and exiled, having already  spent 8 years in the gulags and in internal exile for criticizing Stalin. He moved with his family abroad. To America! Imagine that.

Putinistas are remarkable for their complete and utter ignorance of Russian and/or Soviet history. Some have read maybe a 19th century Russian short story, listened to a piece by Stravinsky. But that's it.

Cue the confused and sad illiterates

• Confused 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:53 AM, Gweiloman said:

image.jpeg.453c97237465cae90cdeb59bbc64fa37.jpeg

What word/s would you use to describe the above? Enlargement? Encroachment? Growth? Extension? Or maybe reduction or contraction?

You need to include Sweden and Finland to that map, thanks to the the dictator Putin. 

NATO_2024-scaled.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Swiss don't have a problem with referendums, so that's your argument shot down right there.

While it would be impracticable to hold a referendum on everything, sending billions of the taxpayer's money to fund a war that is nothing to do with one's own country definitely should be approved, or not, by the citizens. There was no attack on the US or the EU so they had no reason not to do so.

Do they have anything to contribute? Nah. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No culture. Nothing.

Seriously? Some great composers and writers came out of Russian culture. The Russian Ballet is world renowned.

Culture didn't begin in the 1960s, by the way.

They beat the US into space, beat them to put up a space station, have an Antarctic base on the coldest part of the planet, run the largest country in the world, but of course you are correct, they have nothing.

Indeed, nothing.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, bradiston said:

Tedious? of course you are.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Then there is this:

"On June 26, 1954, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant became the first nuclear power plant in the world to go into commercial operation.

This day rightfully became known as the birth of nuclear energy.

In a TASS announcement from July 1, 1954, it was stated: "In the Soviet Union, efforts by scientists and engineers successfully completed the design and construction of the first commercial nuclear power plant with a useful capacity of 5000 kilowatts."

The announcement of the launch of the world's first nuclear power plant came as a complete surprise to both the Soviet and global public, as nothing about its development and construction had been published in open sources; everything was kept strictly confidential.

Starting in 1956, the station was open to both Soviet and foreign delegations. The first nuclear power plant was visited by many prominent political figures, scientists, and tens of thousands of ordinary people from almost every country in the world.

On April 29, 2002, in accordance with an order from the Minister of Atomic Energy, in a ceremonial setting, the reactor of the first nuclear power plant was shut down for good.

The plant operated without incident for 48 years, setting a record for the longest operation of a nuclear reactor."

But but but, Russia has nothing. Didn't you know that? :wai:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Topic isn't about Russian culture. Try and stay on topic.

Topic concerns the war launched by Russia on Ukraine. Questioning Western support for Russia is fair game as far as I'm concerned. All I get back is hatred of the West. That's not reason enough for me. It's just a counsel of despair. But on the way, I see a fantastic ignorance of, at the very minimum, recent Russian history. That confirms me in my opinion that the pro Russian lobby is composed of ignorant, embittered fools who have no idea what they're cheering for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Topic concerns the war launched by Russia on Ukraine. Questioning Western support for Russia is fair game as far as I'm concerned. All I get back is hatred of the West. That's not reason enough for me. It's just a counsel of despair. But on the way, I see a fantastic ignorance of, at the very minimum, recent Russian history. That confirms me in my opinion that the pro Russian lobby is composed of ignorant, embittered fools who have no idea what they're cheering for.

I have no interest in reading any more of that sort of pointless insults so off to ignore you go.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1