Trump's Narrow Edge Over Biden in 538 Election Forecast Sparks Debate

Social Media

20 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug -  Personally I don't see how any rational person in the US would vote for Biden.  But we do have a lot of mentally deficient useful idiots that would vote for anything with a "D" next to the name.   Since you are a clear supporter of Biden or anyone else here who is, why not let the group know what polices of Bide you want to see for another 4 years?  I don't see even one.  Americans are so dumbed down, they can think about their futures.  It will be hard for Trump to overcome his 34 convictions of made up and prosecuted for political reasons only charges.  Then we also have to overcome the ways Democrats steal elections.  It will take a Reagan style of election to get the US on the road to recovery.  Biden and his handlers (Obama) are so afraid of one man.  A man who does not need this crap by cares about the US enough to give up his lifestyle for America.  There has never been a "lunch bucket Joe."  This this his whole political life has been a lie.  Ad this morning for the area I live in.  Joe Biden has cut energy costs.  Where?  Where?  If his supporters really want a Marxist Tyrannical leader, he is the man. Problem is I have to suffer because he is supported like the last 4 years.  If Trump is elected, the dumb ass supporters of Biden will prosper too.  Really not far.  You want a N Korean style of living, go to N Korea.  Your kind are leaving CA and NY in droves.  They are moving to red states.  Then these same dumb people vote Democrat anyway.  Why not just stay in the Democrat hell hole you came from?  VA is a great example.  Red for years then the elites from DC have moved in and turned the state blue with all the bad habits they brought with them. 

It's just not fair is It - people not voting the way you want them to!

Well done for highlighting Obama - you didn't even need to mention that he is black - everybody knows.

I'm not sure how North Korea fits in - camps for dissidents and punishing their families is It seems, rather more in line with Mr Trump's style.

Take a pause, step back and wipe the froth from your mouth!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump was elected to destroy Washington. What sense would it make to put Washington creatures in charge?

I hope that you don't mind me pointing out but Mr Trump has not been elected yet, indeed he might not be!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/19/2024 at 5:24 AM, Tug said:

Personally I’m not buying a trump win,not after women’s rights the Nazi quotes the imbecile like rants the putin groveling the voiced willingness to throw our allies under the bus the brain dead tarreffs to eliminate income tax the threat to the economy.weighed against the Biden administration’s record of the strong steady economy the legislative wins the support of our allies his support of the environment….and on and on.thats not even getting into trumps attempted coup not the fast and lose treatment of our national security not that he’s a felon and adjudged sexual assaulted/rapist……naa don’t think so not buying it

However: the electoral system is so open to gerrymandering on an epic scale ( the electoral college - a system put in place 250 years ago to ensure that wealthy land and slave owning people continued to run the system, and enthusiastic manipulated by Trump's team) and the utter irrelevance of the popular vote ( quite bizarre in a country which puts itself forward as the great democracy ) then it is entirely possible that Trump ends up in power. Once he is in, there will be no getting rid of him or his acolytes. That is what America is facing. The rest of us are facing having to live with a petulant teenager, albeit with immense military power and a crush on autocratic fascism.

For those of us who value freedom and democracy on both sides of the Atlantic a disturbing prospect. For some (think Hispanic people) within America a terrifying prospect! Diluting blood, camps, poisoning society and all that - it has been said, it is out there!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just so we can be clear, you agree it's not a fake video of what looked like a man who's unable to move. Anyone who says it was normal is in denial. It was so bizarre to watch.

He was just standing there, watching some sort of show. Perfectly normal.

16 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just so we can be clear, you agree it's not a fake video of what looked like a man who's unable to move. Anyone who says it was normal is in denial. It was so bizarre to watch.

Your MO now is to point out videos where Biden has just given a speech or participated in some ceremony, and then has nothing to do. He watches the audience or whatever part of the ceremony is still going on, and you obsess over normal behavior.

I can remember when Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's and he needed Nancy Reagan to tell him what to say. Or used cue cards.

Biden is nowhere near that condition.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden is nowhere near that condition.

He uses cue cards and has the teleporter  no need for Nancy  ermm  Jill   except to guide him off stage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Everybody else in his row was animated, some dancing, moving, clapping. Joe was frozen for 30 seconds with a rictus grin. Not blinking. Hands held in a very stiff and unnatural position in front of his body.

All you have to do is look at a video of him even 5 years ago and notice the change. God forbid 10 years ago.  

Then I guess Biden doesn't have a chance in the debate against Trump.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Then I guess Biden doesn't have a chance in the debate against Trump.

Well, Team Biden was very explicit in the rules for the debate. They made several demands that were explicitly to protect Joe and put Trump at a disadvantage- no audience, cut mikes, time limit, friendly moderators, etc.  What demands did Team Trump make?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, Team Biden was very explicit in the rules for the debate. They made several demands that were explicitly to protect Joe and put Trump at a disadvantage- no audience, cut mikes, time limit, friendly moderators, etc.  What demands did Team Trump make?

Who cares?

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Since Biden's going to win the election, you better get used to him.

So, you agree that biden is just a shell of a man.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Who cares?

Obviously Team Biden cares, as they were very VERY careful to craft an event that will hopefully disgiuse his obvious infirmity and weaknesses.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bubblegum said:

I do hope that the Trump supporters will go back to the USA if he wins. 

Most of the Trump supporters here are foreigners, so they can't go back to the USA. Most hate America, and want to weaken the US, in favor other countries.

• Haha 1

Most of the Trump supporters here are foreigners, so they can't go back to the USA. Most hate America, and want to weaken the US, in favor other countries.

I presume by foreigners you mean non American. I'm not American but I think Trump is a danger for the whole world. Not so much the man, he is as dumb as they come but those controlling him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2024 at 10:38 AM, Danderman123 said:

California is a lock for Biden. Trump won't even campaign there.

I hope you are feeling okay.

Trump was in CA week ago. Do you get your talking points from MSM?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

He came out for fundraisers.

Do you seriously believe that Trump will be competitive in California?

Trump won't be competitive in California. However it looks like Virginia and even Minnesota are now in play. I am from Minnesota and if you don't win there as a dem you have big problems. Like him or not Trump has run a much more disciplined campaign, has equaled or surpassed Biden's in cash on hand, and is ahead in the states that matter. At the end of the day Trump is beginning to appear in dem strongholds and some dems are losing their minds over it. AOC had the attitude if a gang leader defending her turf when Trump showed up there. Like he shouldn't do that. But for the sake of argument when has Biden showed up in deep red country? Oh that's right he finally visited East Palestine because he pretty much had to.

If we stick to simple facts Trump isn't the one hiding out. He isn't  holed up in some elder care facility in the woods taking 10 days to prepare for a 90 minute debate. Trump doesn't nor has he ever scurried away from the limelight. Put emotions aside and ask yourself out of the two who is afraid to show up anywhere? 

That said I am not sure Biden is self aware enough to  be fearful of anything. It's the people around him and his supporters that are becoming very worried. Joe would challenge the entire crowd to a push up contest if it was written on a card. To his credit he has stopped doing that lately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump won't be competitive in California. However it looks like Virginia and even Minnesota are now in play. I am from Minnesota and if you don't win there as a dem you have big problems. Like him or not Trump has run a much more disciplined campaign, has equaled or surpassed Biden's in cash on hand, and is ahead in the states that matter. At the end of the day Trump is beginning to appear in dem strongholds and some dems are losing their minds over it. AOC had the attitude if a gang leader defending her turf when Trump showed up there. Like he shouldn't do that. But for the sake of argument when has Biden showed up in deep red country? Oh that's right he finally visited East Palestine because he pretty much had to.

If we stick to simple facts Trump isn't the one hiding out. He isn't  holed up in some elder care facility in the woods taking 10 days to prepare for a 90 minute debate. Trump doesn't nor has he ever scurried away from the limelight. Put emotions aside and ask yourself out of the two who is afraid to show up anywhere? 

That said I am not sure Biden is self aware enough to  be fearful of anything. It's the people around him and his supporters that are becoming very worried. Joe would challenge the entire crowd to a push up contest if it was written on a card. To his credit he has stopped doing that lately.

You seem new to this election thing.

First off, the situation in June will be totally different in November, so citing your perception of the environment today is pointless.

Secondly, you ignore other factors in the election, such as the Senate race, the state campaign organizations, and voter registration.

For what it's worth, current polling does not agree with you:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/minnesota/

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem new to this election thing.

First off, the situation in June will be totally different in November, so citing your perception of the environment today is pointless.

Secondly, you ignore other factors in the election, such as the Senate race, the state campaign organizations, and voter registration.

For what it's worth, current polling does not agree with you:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/minnesota/

In made no assumptions or prediction of the election. I just gave some basic facts observations that dispelled the notion that Trump is somehow afraid to go into blue states or is unwilling to go anywhere. Maybe i am new to elections and maybe i am not. I am more knowledgeable and well versed on the topic than you are regardless of my length of experience.

• Agree 1