Biden to Grant Legal Status to Undocumented Spouses of US Citizens

Social Media

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Married for a couple of days and immediately eligible for Biden's amnesty. How long are they required to stay married? 

I think the salient condition is the 10 years.  I don't know why he'd discriminate against single people like that.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

From the OP:

Accordingto senior administration officials, undocumented spouses of U.S. citizens will qualify for the program if they have lived in the country for 10 years and were married as of June 17. Qualifying individuals will have three years to apply for permanent residency and will be eligible for a three-year work permit.

The White House estimates that those eligible for thisprocess have lived in the United States for an average of 23 years, with the majority having been born in Mexico. These individuals will be "paroled in place," meaning they can remain in the U.S. while their status is adjusted.

Married as of June 17. That's a couple of days ago. Now eligible for the amnesty. And since this was known in advance, how many of those June 17 marriages are fake?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Married as of June 17. That's a couple of days ago. Now eligible for the amnesty. And since this was known in advance, how many of those June 17 marriages are fake?

Was it known in advance?

7 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Well, this is strange. People complaining about something America does that they would love to see happen in Thailand. 

Green card for a Thai wife in America? 

Why no permanent residence for the husband of a Thai in Thailand?

We are a national security risk to the sanctity of Thai culture and society. 

If the US handled visas and permanent residency like Thailand, the Thai community would be in an uproar and screaming "Racism!!!" at the top of their lungs.  And they would get the attention of the government, especially in the Blue States who would side with them.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, connda said:

So wife and I will make a trip to the US and then throw away her passport and claim citizenship.  Whoopee.

Not. 

You could give it a try, but I suggest you check the requirements before your wife ditches her passport, it appears there are something’s you didn’t quite grasp.

• Agree 1

On almost every issue ,biden and his cultural Marxist handlers have steered the country in the wrong direction.

The most conspicuous evidence of voters’ frustrations, however, comes in the form of a recent CBS News/YouGov survey in which 62% of respondents and 53% of Hispanics expressed support for a “new national program to deport all undocumented immigrants currently living in the US illegally.”

https://nypost.com/2024/06/18/opinion/bidens-colossal-border-failure-has-allowed-trumps-comeback/

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, connda said:

the Thai community would be in an uproar and screaming "Racism!!!"

Unfortunately, you are correct. 🙄

It is very lucrative business - marry a bum and become US citizen. Somebody is going to make lots of money.

As I heard "baby born in US" visa "turn key" package was about $50K

The "Biden's Citizenship" will also have pretty big tag

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

It is very lucrative business - marry a bum and become US citizen. Somebody is going to make lots of money.

As I heard "baby born in US" visa "turn key" package was about $50K

The "Biden's Citizenship" will also have pretty big tag

I think that could be one of the unintended consequences of a poorly thought out election year gambit. 

If they've been in the USA for 10 years, contributed (and not been a burden), and kept their noses clean, why even require that they be married?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, impulse said:

I think the salient condition is the 10 years.  I don't know why he'd discriminate against single people like that.

How are the applicants going to prove they've been in the US for 10 years? Take their word for it? Create false documentation? That's what they did for the last amnesty. That, and the numbers were so much larger than expected that INS ended up barely giving any inspection to the application and just stamped through approvals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

If they've been in the USA for 10 years, contributed (and not been a burden), and kept their noses clean, why even require that they be married?

lets say Biden drew a sweet'n'cute picture of Jose The Gardener, Mario The Soldier, Rose-Mary The Nanny and similar.

But the actual illegals are way different. Once [I think Rex T.?] called them "animals" and he had very serious reason for that. 

What is the purpose of visas if anyone can just waltz into another country?

I saw what happened in Paris pre-COVID years - horrible!

This is very bad idea for Americans, I don't think they appreciate it 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is good. If you are legitimately married to a US citizen, you should be granted status. Same should apply in Thailand. 

If you are a criminal you should not be allowed to marry a US citizen. Illegals are by definition criminals.

So, you are saying that if I returned to Thailand illegally, and remarried my ex wife I should be made a citizen? Do you realise how barking that sounds?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I think that could be one of the unintended consequences of a poorly thought out election year gambit. 

Why even bother with legal visas then? just let anyone in.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, you are saying that if I returned to Thailand illegally, and remarried my ex wife I should be made a citizen? Do you realise how barking that sounds?

Great idea! 

21 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

lets say Biden drew a sweet'n'cute picture of Jose The Gardener, Mario The Soldier, Rose-Mary The Nanny and similar.

But the actual illegals are way different. Once [I think Rex T.?] called them "animals" and he had very serious reason for that. 

Your booming economy can only function with mostly illegal immigrants.

You only have to look at how many companies are seriously punished for hiring illegals. Almost none.

Nevertheless xenophobes like many posters here and Trump of course, talk about mass deportation, aka razzias.

Edited by Presto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Presto said:

True. Yet that works in every country. Even in Taiwanese factories, and thai construction sites, not only booming economies but many boom-booms as well.

for example Trump used illegals from Eastern Europe extensively and Burge Halliffa skyscrapper was built by bengalis and nepalis.

11 minutes ago, Presto said:

You only have to look at how many companies are seriously punished for hiring illegals. Almost none.

Nevertheless xenophobes like many posters here and Trump of course, talk about mass deportation, aka razzias.

If they were serious about stemming the flow of illegal immigration, all they would have to do was to pass laws making it a felony to hire undocumented aliens. Of course, there goes a huge portion of the labor force that is responsible one way or another for getting Americans fed. And, oddly enough, dairy farmers, other farmers, and meat packing companies tend to favor Republicans. Hmmm....

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

True. Yet that works in every country. Even in Taiwanese factories, and thai construction sites, not only booming economies but many boom-booms as well.

for example Trump used illegals from Eastern Europe extensively and Burge Halliffa skyscrapper was built by bengalis and nepalis.

I'm not American, and I'm probably considered a liberal, or libtard. But here's some common sense, from abroad.

Biden dumps 1.2 trillion into the economy, for infrastructure, and gets hailed for it. First, it's all borrowed money, but ok.

More important, a sudden infusion of money into the infrastructure section of the economy (that has a certain size) means ...

Do we have the people, do we have the materials, do we have the machinery.

Of course not. So that leads to price increases, lack of labor, and of course illegal labor. Could very well be a main cause of the rise in illegal immigration.

But of course Americans, and certainly people like Biden and Trump, rather ignore that mechanism.

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If they were serious about stemming the flow of illegal immigration, all they would have to do was to pass laws making it a felony to hire undocumented aliens. Of course, there goes a huge portion of the labor force that is responsible one way or another for getting Americans fed. And, oddly enough, dairy farmers, other farmers, and meat packing companies tend to favor Republicans. Hmmm....

I don't think Democrats are doing better in that respect.

2 minutes ago, Presto said:

I'm not American, and I'm probably considered a liberal, or libtard. But here's some common sense, from abroad.

Biden dumps 1.2 trillion into the economy, for infrastructure, and gets hailed for it. First, it's all borrowed money, but ok.

More important, a sudden infusion of money into the infrastructure section of the economy (that has a certain size) means ...

Do we have the people, do we have the materials, do we have the machinery.

Of course not. So that leads to price increases, lack of labor, and of course illegal labor. Could very well be a main cause of the rise in illegal immigration.

But of course Americans, and certainly people like Biden and Trump, rather ignore that mechanism.

The big problem with your hypothesis is that high inflation was virtually rampant in all of the developed nations and lots of developing nations as well. Was Biden responsible for that? And, of course, before the covid pandemic, government spending had increased yet inflation remained very low.

Just now, placeholder said:

The big problem with your hypothesis is that high inflation was virtually rampant in all of the developed nations and lots of developing nations as well. Was Biden responsible for that? And, of course, before the covid pandemic, government spending had increased yet inflation remained very low.

How many infrastructure workers, skilled and unskilled, how much materials, how much machinery, were just waiting on the sidelines for that 1.2 trillion to get dumped?

6 minutes ago, Presto said:

I don't think Democrats are doing better in that respect.

But they're not the ones railing against immigration.

2 minutes ago, Presto said:

How many infrastructure workers, skilled and unskilled, how much materials, how much machinery, were just waiting on the sidelines for that 1.2 trillion to get dumped?

What does the unemployment rate tell you? And what about this?

Immigration Is Fueling US Economic Growth While Politicians Rage
Goldman boosts GDP growth forecast amid immigration surge
HSBC says no advanced economy is benefiting like the US

https://archive.ph/1jPBo

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

A little correction here.  The Bad Orange Man referred to the murderer of Laken Riley as an animal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

If they've been in the USA for 10 years (married or not), haven't been a financial burden (paid taxes, not on welfare, etc), and don't have a significant criminal record, I'd favor an amnesty for them.

Just not at the whim of a president and not in the leadup to an election. 

First, Congress should be granting the amnesty (and tested by the Supreme Court).  Second, if he did have the power, why didn't he do it 3-1/2 years ago?  Why wait until he's getting excoriated in the polls?

Congress is a dysfunctional mess under the wrecking balls wielded by a small number of individuals with no interest whatsoever in the democratic process.

The Supreme Court is openly politically hostile to the Biden administration, and again has no interest whatsoever in the democratic process.

• Agree 1