Thai girlfriend working in a bar

3 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

No point asking her friends, you need someone on this chatgroup that you can trust.  Send me a PM with the name of the bar and a way to identify your girl and I'll go there to chat her up and try to bar fine her.  Obviously, you will need to send me some money to do that.  If she says no to me, she is probably a keeper.

Haha.... You may be the same as the disgusting Canadian she claims to have been scared of and refused sexual services to. You do not know her tastes in men. And the OP does not know how ugly you really are or how fat and old. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

No point asking her friends, you need someone on this chatgroup that you can trust.  Send me a PM with the name of the bar and a way to identify your girl and I'll go there to chat her up and try to bar fine her.  Obviously, you will need to send me some money to do that.  If she says no to me, she is probably a keeper.

On the surface that seems a great idea but some girls are fussy who they go with.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 6:37 AM, jjstephen said:

I met my Thai fiancé on a dating site around 19 months ago. We started chatting all day every day and things got pretty serious. We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

🤯 

You are engaged and coming to marry someone you've not actually had sex with yet?!    Have you at least seen her naked?   

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Haha.... You may be the same as the disgusting Canadian she claims to have been scared of and refused sexual services to. You do not know her tastes in men. And the OP does not know how ugly you really are or how fat and old. 

Come on, show a little sympathy for an old, fat and ugly guy trying to make a quick buck!  I'm sure the OP wouldn't trust somebody on here that he has never met before...............🤔

• Haha 1

I met my Thai fiancé on a dating site around 19 months ago. We started chatting all day every day and things got pretty serious. We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning. She is doing this, working 7 days a week, to help pay off her student loans.

As I have never visited Thailand before, I started to read about Thai culture online to prepare myself. I found many posts online (for example this) which say that bar girls are 'working' and not really relationship material. But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

I confronted my fiancé and she assured me that she only earns money from tips and drinks in the bar. Two weeks ago a Canadian guy asked to take her out of the bar. She refused him and said that she felt scared and embarrassed by it.

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)? Or is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted? Is the information posted online true or is it false? She has never asked me for money before but she did say that in November I will need to pay the hospital for her to have time off work as she already used her annual leave when her brother was sick.

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Plus side is while she is making good money in the bar, she not asking you for money.  

Many if us here have good happy relationships.  Some have married bar girls and prostitutes and are happy.

Everybody to their own.

My wife worked many years at Home Pro so was easy for me to see her background. First time I met her I asked if she could show me where she worked. She took me to both stores she worked in previous 5 years. 

I was amazed by how much respect from staff and management was shown.  

Maybe you could do same before partingj with you money.

Staff at hospital and bar, and her customers. 

Good luck

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Come on, show a little sympathy for an old, fat and ugly guy trying to make a quick buck!  I'm sure the OP wouldn't trust somebody on here that he has never met before...............🤔

Of course. Look how easy he trusts a young girl who began working as a bar girl in Pattaya. 

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning. She is doing this, working 7 days a week, to help pay off her student loans.

As I have never visited Thailand before, I started to read about Thai culture online to prepare myself. I found many posts online (for example this) which say that bar girls are 'working' and not really relationship material. But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

I confronted my fiancé and she assured me that she only earns money from tips and drinks in the bar. Two weeks ago a Canadian guy asked to take her out of the bar. She refused him and said that she felt scared and embarrassed by it.

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)? Or is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted? Is the information posted online true or is it false? She has never asked me for money before but she did say that in November I will need to pay the hospital for her to have time off work as she already used her annual leave when her brother was sick.

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Believe her when she claims to be the cashier.

ALL bar girls only handle money and drinks.

It's the Thai version of the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause    :whistling:

Thanks in advance.

Is that you bob, using another alias ?

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 1:37 AM, jjstephen said:

is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted?

> You have been chatting with her for 19 months, but seem to have some doubts about her truthfulness.  Stories about Pattaya - Sin city of the World - might have created that doubt.  Not all bar-girls are hookers or gold-diggers, but to find out you need to meet her in real life.  And you can check-out her bar working-place while over there.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:37 AM, jjstephen said:

> Pattaya is not an island...

Just saying but note that it also casts some heavy doubt on your story that you don't ask her about accomodation...  

On 6/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, jjstephen said:

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I write it like that, but when you find true love the distance is not a barrier. Although we have not met yet, I am literally talking to her constantly, all day every day sending messages. I spend more time talking to her than if we lived together and were both working. I feel that I know her quite well at this stage. In November I will visit her bar and ask the other women if she ever did bar fines or not.

I rate your chances at about 10% she is being truthful.

You really are naive if you expect the other women to tell you she is not doing barfines. The first lesson one learns in Asia is, you get told what the person you are talking to thinks you want to hear.

There are some women in bars who do work for tips and lady drinks only. They would earn anywhere between 50 and 300 baht for about 8 hours of sitting around. Sometimes nothing.

OTOH, they can earn anywhere from 1000 -3000 baht for going with a customer for an hour or two. The temptation of easy money.

I don't rate your chances very highly, but you never know.

• Like 1

Gosh I missed those posts. Some nice changes to the usual sick buffalo (sick brother that ate all her holiday time). 

As for the nurse uniform - there used to be a bar in lower sukumvith that had all sort of uniforms you could ask your girl to wear for your encounter. The specialty of that place was the back door entry option (not bar back door entrance, you know what I mean, right?).

Anyway, good luck to the op. You have to make sure you go to the right pier for the ferry to Pattaya and get there on time as there are not many ferries going there...

• Haha 1

This post is a complete wind up.

What's the bar called?

Oh, that's it,' Doctors and Nurses "

Complete BS post, by a poster who has posted here the grand total of twice.

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

Like your thinking, you may get a free shag. Purely to help a friend, of course.

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

Sure, she qualified as a nurse, works in a large hospital in Bangkok  and works part time in a bar in Pattaya.

Must try harder.

Yeah,

Let himself down has Walter Mitty, because he states he is new to all this and makes the biggest naive post of the year.

Then he is savvy enough to state he ' doesn't want to mention the hospital for obvious reasons '

So, therefore, he is street smart enough for the dos and don'ts of Thailand.

How would he know these things?

He then throws in the red herring to convince us that he is green as apples, by referring to Pattaya as an island.

Try again champ, it's troll Saturday.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jippytum said:

Lots of red flags here. You seem to be very gulible getting engaged to someone you have never met from a country you havn't visited andhat's just for starters! 

Oh flags sorry misread that...........:giggle:

1 minute ago, proton said:

Why would she go all the way to Pattaya if it's just working in the bar and not selling herself? Plenty of bars in Bangkok where she could do that without the hours of travel involved.

You are looking for logic in a troll post.