WP expiring whilst abroad

Hi all

We're currently out of Thailand until September 4th and my husbands WP expires on August 30. I believe we will have to apply for a new WP when we're back but does this mean we have to do a new Non-B visa too? (that one expires in November) 

Thanks for your insights.

24 minutes ago, jayo278 said:

but does this mean we have to do a new Non-B visa too?

Yup.

Work permit is tied to your Non-B visa, if you let your WP lapse your Non-B goes down too.

It's not clear from your post whether your husband is still gainfully employed, or he ceased his employment.

I also suspect his Non B visa is no longer valid, and he has been extending his stay annually at an Immigration office based on employment.

If you have an extension of your permission to stay, based on working, that was issued at an immigration office inside Thailand, then the extension ceases to be valid the same day your employment ends. If you are still employed, but the work permit was erroneously not renewed on time, then this needs to be rectified as soon as possible. You should discuss this immediately with your employer. If your employment has ceased, the technically correct action is to take a letter from your employer stating your last date of employment to immigration, who will cancel your extension effective from that date.