Julian Assange Freed Under US Plea Deal: A New Chapter for WikiLeaks Founder

Social Media

11 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Reuters, bbc and the WoPo have zero credibility these days, Trump, Covid, BLM, Brexit have exposed them all for being mouthpiece’s  for the establishment and MIC

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Let us take a look at Professor Nils Melzer, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, dismantling of the Swedish allegations

And let's take a look at the response by many eminent lawyers to Melzer's judgement.

"More than 300 human rights lawyers and law professors criticized Melzer's approach to "allegations of sexual assault" in an open letter. While considering the "overarching argument" may merit attention, they wrote that they were "deeply disturbed by the way he approaches the allegations of sexual assault in this case". On the issue of sexual violence, they wrote that Melzer's intervention was "both legally erroneous and harmful to the development and protection of human rights law.""

Bottom line is Assange jumped bail to avoid facing charges for alleged sexual crimes in Sweden.

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Whats the terminology when they have the goods and they know they might get in an unforeseen deadly accident, and then the goods become exposed for the whole world to see?

What ever its called ,I hope he has that

special arraignment with a trusted attorney!

methinks

commonally known as 'clintoned' 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RayC said:

And let's take a look at the response by many eminent lawyers to Melzer's judgement.

"More than 300 human rights lawyers and law professors criticized Melzer's approach to "allegations of sexual assault" in an open letter. While considering the "overarching argument" may merit attention, they wrote that they were "deeply disturbed by the way he approaches the allegations of sexual assault in this case". On the issue of sexual violence, they wrote that Melzer's intervention was "both legally erroneous and harmful to the development and protection of human rights law.""

Bottom line is Assange jumped bail to avoid facing charges for alleged sexual crimes in Sweden.

I'm not sure if you are a scholar of history, but the link I provided is a response to the very attack by the dancing monkeys of the American government that you quote, and he still in that response dismantles the Swedish case.

But you would have known that when you copy and pasted the Wikipedia article.

Instead of writing scurrilous apologetics for the CIA,  I recommend reading his book published in 2022 which utterly demolishes any suggestion that Sweden was interested in the rule of law or justice.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

commonally known as 'clintoned' 

Julian Assange one of the most trusted news sources for exposing 

the infamous 6 ways to Sunday cabal

of political intel misfits!

Good timing Mr. Assange!

methinks

Edited by riclag

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

According to an article in Bangkok Biz News the flight will continue at 9 PM to Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands. Maybe same crew after a minimal rest time?

Wonder whether he is allowed to the terminal airside?

Might be enough time to take the BTS down to Nana for a lap dance or two then back to DM. As for the timing, makes one wonder whether the Biden administration was concerned that the inevitable Labour win July 4 in the UK could end this travesty.

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

i noticed the  deafening silence from all his fellow journalists over the years, neither them, the UK gov or Aus Gov stood up to the US..just goes to show they are all in the US pockets.

UK & Aus have forever been the Yanks most reliable poodles [see: Iraq War - imaginary WMD].

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, pegman said:

Might be enough time to take the BTS down to Nana for a lap dance or two then back to DM. As for the timing, makes one wonder whether the Biden administration was concerned that the inevitable Labour win July 4 in the UK could end this travesty.

Lap dances in Nana? Say it isn't so.

That sort of American rubbish should never be allowed to sully Thai farang nightlife.

• Agree 1

On 6/25/2024 at 9:47 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Now free to go back to Oz but wasted away the best years of his life. 

My motto, stay safe and under the radar at all times, mind your own business and enjoy life, it's too short to be spent locked up. 

Assange has obviously had poor parenting.

He should never have done what he did, it was unacceptable. 

Anyway, he's suffered over the many years, let that be a lesson for all those contemplating similar stupid actions. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He won't be safe till he stands on Australian soil, and even then he needs to be careful, IMO.

He's back, safe ( perhaps ) and sound ( hopefully ).

Political study courses will no doubt use his case as an example of the desire of corrupt regimes to cover up their crimes and crush anyone that tries to expose them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/25/2024 at 6:07 PM, Gaccha said:

I'm not sure if you are a scholar of history, but the link I provided is a response to the very attack by the dancing monkeys of the American government that you quote, and he still in that response dismantles the Swedish case.

But you would have known that when you copy and pasted the Wikipedia article.

Instead of writing scurrilous apologetics for the CIA,  I recommend reading his book published in 2022 which utterly demolishes any suggestion that Sweden was interested in the rule of law or justice.

If only the lawyers on both sides could have had the opportunity to lay out their respective cases in front of a court; however, we both know the reason why that wasn't possible.

If, as you imply, the accusations of sexual misconduct against Assange were part of a US attempt to discredit him,  then it was a pretty inept performance. Why invent a scenario which involves consensual sex? If these women were complicit in this sting, why didn't one or both of them simply accuse Assange of rape with nothing consensual to it? Why would the Swedish state wish to implicate itself in such an affair?

Instead of assigning Messiah status to an individual who - irrespective of whether he has committed a crime in this particular instance - is imo a flawed individual, why don't you approach matters with a more open mind rather than immediately conclude that anything untoward must - seemingly by definition - be the fault of the US state?

I will certainly not be buying Assange's book but if you post a link to a free version of it, I may give it a go.

On 6/25/2024 at 6:09 PM, Gaccha said:

If only there was a website outside of government hands that was able to leak such truths to the public... A kind of Wikipedia of Leaks...

Nothing to do with the point in question but never mind.

To be clear I think that overall Wikileaks serves a useful purpose. For example, highlighting war crimes is imo in the public interest.

However, this does not mean that the leaking of all classified material is justified. Imo there are occasions where a government has the right (and duty) to keep information secret e.g. in order to protect its' citizens: There have been instances where Wikileaks has published unredacted material which has put lives at risk. This is irresponsible.

On 6/26/2024 at 1:44 AM, Robert Paulson said:

You’ve got a lot of studying to do to understand how the world works buddy. People who expose governments are smeared every single time. It’s painful to see people can’t realize it. The rape charges were quite predictable and obviously a smear campaign. 

You should widen the scope of your reading to include sites other than those dedicated to conspiracy theories.

• Agree 1