Anywhere in this world, do you have any political candidate which you would like to vote fo

OneMoreFarang

Anywhere in this world, do you have any political candidate which you would like to vote for? (And not just because you don't like the other guy.)  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For this poll it doesn't matter which country or if you are allowed to vote there.

I.e. looking at the UK and the USA election, do you have any candidate which you really like?

Or are all candidates bad, but you will vote for anybody than that very bad guy, or something like that.

Personally, I am not from the UK or the USA, but I follow the elections - at least the daily headlines.

I don't see any good candidate in any of those countries. Only bad and worse. 

How about you?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In the UK the candidate is irrelevant really, as it's the party that is elected that rules and chooses the PM. 

Vote Labour.

Ok, you are right.

I guess if you vote Labour that means you vote more or less for Keir Starmer.

Do you "like" him and the Labour party?

Or do you think they are not really good but better than the alternatives? 

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Manson was a mass murderer 

Lost the plot much? 

:coffee1:

Thanks for taking over another topic sparky. I would argue most politicians in the two largest parties our home country of Australia are at least normal and close to either side of the centre and don't play games with extreme rhetoric. Clive Palmer tried a Trump, spent a fortune, but failed miserably. There are many things I'd do to reform the country, lots of new policies, but what we have could be much much worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Can't be worse than Biden. A 60yo monger is better than a 82yo geriatric.

I agree can;t be worse than Biden but, the only loser in my opinion in this Nov. election is America.  Some day maybe, the public will realize that having political parties that bow to the rich and richer when selecting a candidate that will enhance their record profits another term but then again maybe not.  The rot among the elected continues to spread regularly as they quickly seem to learn how to benefit from their position either for themselves or their family.  When they won't even floor a bill banning insider trading among their congressional buddies and one looks at their portfolios, one can easily see how they become even richer than before they decided to take that govt salary.  My opinion but that is how we determine for whom we will vote or not.  take care enjoy the rains.

• Like 2

Can we agree to not sabotage this topic, and agree to leave Trump and Biden out of it? Plenty of other places to go after them on this forum.

I would be pleased to vote for Pierre Polievre, the leader of the Conservatives in Canada. He is whip smart, stays on message, and wants to give control of the country back to the people. Gives great interview too.

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Can we agree to not sabotage this topic, and agree to leave Trump and Biden out of it?

Why?

I think it is amazing that there are many people who don't like both of them.

And Americans who vote have to choose the lesser evil.

How did "we" get to a point that with a country of over 300 million people those two are (almost) the only choices left?

How many Americans are out there who would still vote for Biden if the DEMs had a better candidate? And how many conservatives, who support the party of law and order, would vote for Trump if there would be a decent alternative?

As far as I remember from the time when I still lived in Europe, we had many candidates with different opinions, but nobody crazy like now. All political parties made sure that any unsuitable candidate was removed in the early stages.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why?

How did "we" get to a point that with a country of over 300 million people those two are (almost) the only choices left?

How many Americans are out there who would still vote for Biden if the DEMs had a better candidate? And how many conservatives, who support the party of law and order, would vote for Trump if there would be a decent alternative?

As far as I remember from the time when I still lived in Europe, we had many candidates with different opinions, but nobody crazy like now. All political parties made sure that any unsuitable candidate was removed in the early stages.

Why? Because it is tedious and overdone and boring.

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In the UK the candidate is irrelevant really, as it's the party that is elected that rules and chooses the PM. 

Vote Labour.

I didn't know the thread was only about leaders. I thought it was about any politicians.

I voted for one last election, but there weren't any others I'd vote for, but only for those of the least bad party, so voting against all the politicians in the other party.

Bit sad that politics is so bad that I only know one politician on the entire planet I'd vote for.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why?

If those two are allowed on here it will be like every other thread on the subject and become all about them, IMO.

Perhaps someone cares enough to start a thread just for them, but it's not me. I get enough of that on most of the threads on world news.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

You should all read Larken Rose - The Most Dangerous Superstition (2011) - download it free: http://libgen.li/ads.php?md5=38F4296FBC5805F6B03527858534F331 if you can get past the lifetime of conditioning to believe that government is necessary, a much better future could be had.

We'll all be better off when an AI can run the country and politics is banned. IMO politics is more toxic that second hand cigarette smoke.

For a very good reason political discussion was banned in the military when I was in it.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If those two are allowed on here it will be like every other thread on the subject and become all about them, IMO.

Perhaps someone cares enough to start a thread just for them, but it's not me. I get enough of that on most of the threads on world news.

It would be nice if those that are disruptive and can't adhere to the rules of this sub-forum could get vacations just from this section. So if you make two violations you are warned and one the third you get a month off of this area. There aren't many posters here and if the violations i have seen 80% are from two or three people.

For this thread it would be nice if people would name their choice and reasons and move on. There is no need to argue about who other people pick this is about who you would pick. I currently am not thrilled by any politician.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

It makes me glad to be older now and closer to death. The world is going to change in a very bad way over the next few years and thankfully I won't have to suffer decades of the coming disaster. No kids too so don't have to worry about them either. 

I am older than middle age, but I wouldn't call me old yet. And somehow, I feel the same.

Apart from the wars and many incompetent and sometimes crazy politicians, in the future we will experience AI more and more. And I fear the bad guy will use that more against us than the good guy can use it for us. And I guess this will get worse and worse. Our future... 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We'll all be better off when an AI can run the country and politics is banned. IMO politics is more toxic that second hand cigarette smoke.

For a very good reason political discussion was banned in the military when I was in it.

People are toxic, therefore politics is toxic. Politics is just people having arguments and controlling resources.