Is Thailand a good place to settle down for the rest of your life?

RolandRat

Just now, mokwit said:

If one is tired of Bangkok one is tired of life, for in Bangkok there is all that life can afford.

All big cities are much the same. That's why I mentioned if he's a city person he will feel at home in Bangkok, as most any other large cities. If one likes country areas and outdoor things, then the cities are only good for dining and shopping.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rumak said:

sure !   order one from Lazada as they have a money back guarantee !

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

All big cities are much the same. That's why I mentioned if he's a city person he will feel at home in Bangkok, as most any other large cities. If one likes country areas and outdoor things, then the cities are only good for dining and shopping.

same with Shopee and with the new Money-back govt policy if you don't get what you paid for....  On the other hand if you plan on settling down here you had best wait until the latest tax interpretation (s) might be.  And BRICS just around the corner too as they snuggle up to Xi and Putin.  

5 hours ago, RolandRat said:

I am thinking of getting a Thai wife and settling down. What do you guys think?

Maybe start with a Thai girlfriend and renting a place.

Then look how you like it for a few years.

And then you can decide if you want to spend many years in Thailand, like having kids.

When I moved to Thailand about 30 years ago it was my intention to live in Thailand, probably for a long time. And I am still here, and possibly I will be here for the rest of my life.

But at any time, I could have decided that I want to go back home or to somewhere else.

And luckily, I can get a job anywhere in this world.

So, take it easy. A month, several months, a year, another few years, see how you like it.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

As long as you don’t make it public and rub it in their faces Thai women will turn a blind eye to your extra marital activists.

The ones that turn a blind eye are likely doing the same with their Thai gik.  As long as you are OK with this no problem. But if not can be a big headache later when the gik has ideas about bumping you off.

This has happened here. I even knew a wealthy bloke who liked to visit Pat Pong and play the field. His wife said she had to visit sick mum in Udon. Had to stay there and look after her. This bloke opted to believe her and stay in Bangkok. 4 months later he went to check up on her. She was living with her younger more handsome Thai partner. Nothing wrong with mum.

For some strange reason he was miffed about this ?

Go figure ?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Your best bet is to find a Thai woman you can bring back to your country

Wh would anyone in their sane mind would want to do that? 1) Remember, "You can take the girl out of Isaan, but you can't take Isaan out of the girl..." 2) Not to mention giving her the  heretofore un-asked for opportunity to put you in the rather sobering context as far as male (farang) specimen goes. Such blunder could be catastrophic.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2