METV, 2 inbound and outbound tickets

Can someone simply make an example to me on what a minimum of 2 inbound and outbound tickets mean? I am planning to apply for a METV next time I will come back to Thailand, I already meet the financial requirements, I just need a simple example on how to upload 2 inbound and outbound tickets on the e-visa website, thanks 

last time I applied for a 60 day tourist visa and I just had to upload the flight to Thailand and out of Thailand within 60 days but they ask for more tickets with the METV

Edited by Jack1988

36 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

last time I applied for a 60 day tourist visa and I just had to upload the flight to Thailand and out of Thailand within 60 days but they ask for more tickets with the METV

Which country do you apply from? I never had any problems in Denmark, 1 inbound ticket is fine, no need for an outbound ticket.

You could try to tell them that you plan to leave Thailand and re-enter via a land border.

10 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Which country do you apply from? I never had any problems in Denmark, 1 inbound ticket is fine, no need for an outbound ticket.

You could try to tell them that you plan to leave Thailand and re-enter via a land border.

That's what I want to do, exit Thailand and then come back via land border. I might try to explain them that I could do like that 

Okay despite people saying it is NOT required, more than a few people have been denied METV's and sold single entry because they failed to show WHY they needed an METV.

When you click multiple entry you see the notice under it. Like I posted

As a rule people wanting an METV need to show flight TO thailand from their country, then about 60 days later a flight out of thailand (to a s/e asian country is fine) then back a few days later. You're under NO obligation to use those flights and you can exit/re-enter by land all you want BUT you use those to show why you NEED an METV. 

Now maybe when they did the "streamlining" of the tourist visa process, they eased up the proof you need an METV requirements too but it still says it under the number of entries choice

That'd be great if it wasn't required anymore. I'm curious if anyone has gotten an METV the last couple of months online thru the eVisa system without showing onward travel in 60 days?
image.png.faf8d43ca58dc168f001d08ddc12ad15.png

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Anyway, could I have a simple example of what a minimum of 2 inbound and outbound tickets mean?

Just to be clear.....TWO inbound AND outbound flights is not required.

Suggest you show an flight to Thailand and onward flight out within 60 days. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A friend of mine is on his fourth back to back METV visa obtained online from UK. He works offshore in Scotland and does 3 weeks in Thailand, 3 weeks out. He only ever provides one in/out flight ticket to/from Thailand. Perhaps the fact the flights show he is only staying 3 weeks has a bearing on the application?

He went the METV route after being warned that he had too many visa exempt arrivals consecutively. He also mentioned that the documentation required now is much less than for his first one or two applications. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I successfully applied for and was granted a METV in the U.K. last week through the eVisa website.

I can confirm that I only provided proof of travel into Thailand, so no onward ticket.

The process has indeed been made much simpler than my previous application back in 2023. 

Hope this helps.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’ve had a couple of METVs from UK. Only ever provided a single inbound flight from UK to Thailand and no outbound flights or return flights.

Have they emailed you this request following application or have you read it in advance of applying? 
- If email specific request, suggest a couple of cheap tickets will do and up to you if you want to use them.

- If checking before application, I wouldn’t worry.

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chalky0w said:

I’ve had a couple of METVs from UK. Only ever provided a single inbound flight from UK to Thailand and no outbound flights or return flights.

Have they emailed you this request following application or have you read it in advance of applying? 
- If email specific request, suggest a couple of cheap tickets will do and up to you if you want to use them.

- If checking before application, I wouldn’t worry.

Good luck!

I had read that requirement a while ago but it seems that an outbound flight is no longer required. I will apply for a METV when i will go back to UK, it looks much easier than before, good to know