How much do you drink (if at all)

Not that I drink too much I just wonder how much do you guys' drink? It doesn't matter where you live. So, I don't drink beer at all just ones in the blue moon a nice Guiness, don't drink any spirits just a few glasses of red wine at night or late afternoon. So how much do you drink?

I'm in the 'if at all' side of that. 

Don't even have any at the house.  Stop buying boxes/slabs, as took too long to finish; 24 Beer Lao Darks (330ml) or Kopper Kraft (490ml).   Might take 6 months to finish, and had to buy when filled within 2 months.  Last bottle of Bacardi's I had, lasted couple years :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 2

I was regularly drinking a bottle of gin per week for the last several years until a couple of months ago, when my annual medical check-up showed a big spike in my liver enzymes. So I stopped, and have switched to having an occasional San Mig Zero in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any booze for a couple of weeks... 

But... I do like to drink....    very often I'll enjoy a G&T in the afternoon by the pool... 

I'll enjoy wine or beer with dinner...  And when with friends, it'll be plenty of wine and beers... 

I'll enjoy a Whisky later on in the evening.  And when with friends it might be a fair bit of Whisky...

Thus... 

A normal week - at least one beer a day..  or one or two beers and a whisky... 

or a glass or two, or a few of wine.... 

With friends I'll drink more and get drunk...  maybe a few times a week, maybe once a week, or maybe not at all. 

I like drinking, I don't have to have a drink, but I do enjoy a drink...  I just do what I want when I feel I want to without a great deal of concern... 

... I don't suffer much of a hangover so an get up and do whatever I want the next day...  which means I don't miss-out on family stuff if I have been drinking too much the night before. 

... I don't misbehave when drinking, so thats also not an issue, I just become more chilled, light hearted and more amused by stuff. 

Gotta be at least 70 proof to pass these lips. I like it mixed with Coke or Est while in the Land of Smiles..it's not that you drink too much, you're drinking too little....you're never TOO drunk, if you can lie on the floor without having to hold on!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I go through phases, depending.  There were times when I would have a drink or two every day.  And then there were entire decades when I didn’t drink anything. I think it more or less depended on my life at the time.  School, work, retirement.   Location also mattered.  

Consider Pattaya. The entire city seems to revolve around restaurants and bars.  Probably not a good place for an alcoholic.  Big cities can also be like that. Bars and restaurants on every block.

Anyway, I’m sure genetics plays a role as to the extent of any resulting health issues. My grandfather came from Europe and always had wine every day, and yet it never affected his health.  I wasn’t around my other grandfather all that much, but he smoked and drank. Both of those guys lived to about 90. Actually, everyone in those families lived to almost 90. Some lived to be over 100. These are people born around 1900, when the life expectancy was a lot less. Good genes, I guess.  

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 1:50 AM, still kicking said:

Not that I drink too much I just wonder how much do you guys' drink? It doesn't matter where you live. So, I don't drink beer at all just ones in the blue moon a nice Guiness, don't drink any spirits just a few glasses of red wine at night or late afternoon. So how much do you drink?

Many decades ago I would meet up with friends in a local pub and drink three or four points of beer. Fast forward to now and I only drink decent red wine, and my intake is about half a bottle per evening with the evening meal, followed by a small glass of port and that's it. Having said that if I were to go out with friends I might end up having one bottle of beer that evening!

I have been collecting (and drinking) wine for over 50 years and have refined my tastes, so I'm very choosy about what I buy and collect/drink!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/27/2024 at 2:59 PM, BobBKK said:

I'm a wine drinker - and drink too much—a bottle when I drink, which is not every day but most days. I know technically it is too much but I'm retired and am not going to stress about it too much - my father drank far more than I do and died at 92.

Given that you're not drinking the cheapest stuff, did you counted already how much money you wasted as a drunkard?

You could have supported an orphanage or support several kids in there education.😳