How much do you drink (if at all)

16 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Ah, here comes Mr. Sef-Righteous —"You are a drunkard!"!! I don't think so, bro, and I donate monthly to an orphanage—not that it's any of your self-righteous, arrogant, and pompous business!!!

Ouch, does it hurt to hear the truth?😳

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Given that you're not drinking the cheapest stuff, did you counted already how much money you wasted as a drunkard?

You could have supported an orphanage or support several kids in there education.😳

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I generally drink the equivalent of two beers from 8pm to midnight each day, so I'm not exactly chugging them down. If I get together with friends I'll drink more, but the hangover means I wont drink the day after. I'm no stranger to Heineken zero's either. If the local restaurants sold it, I'd be more likely to drink that most days instead.

Ten pints a day every day for 35 years but not until i found white cider that i found i was killing myself.

In bed shaking for a week drinking sips of whisky when it got too much plus loads of water to re hydrate.Felt normal after 3 weeks.

Nowt for 20 years now.

• Sad 2

I've seen a few guys here die from liver failure. It was not a good death.

They died in a lot of pain, seeing blood in one's number twos must be scary.

I have not had anything to drink for 18 months, and I was not a big drinker before that. I don't miss it.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've seen a few guys here die from liver failure. It was not a good death.

They died in a lot of pain, seeing blood in one's number twos must be scary.

I have not had anything to drink for 18 months, and I was not a big drinker before that. I don't miss it.

Talking about liver failure I used to drink a bit, but now I drink just a few glasses of red wine at night went to my yearly blood test last week my liver was perfect so was everything else.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pilot3Boz said:

Never drank alcohol my entire life.... Never missed it..... No drugs or smoking either... Always fully aware of what is happening around me... 

quite the accomplishment good for you. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2024 at 5:04 AM, theblether said:

In Scotland, 10 pints if I go out, and if I do go out it's a maximum once a week In Thailand, 10 large bottles of beer probably five days a week. 

On the odd occasion ( used to be regular ) I'll go on an all-night session and that's somewhere around 30 bottles in Thailand. To be fair, that's usually a twelve-hour session going home at 7am. 

I'm getting old, I used to drink a lot more than that on an all-nighter.  

explains a lot.

• Confused 2

A mug of tea in the morning and evening, I don't like coffee, three glasses of no sugar juice, some non fat milk, it varies, maybe only one glass. No alcohol at all, never even tasted it, the look and smell of it put me off when I was a teenager, plenty of water.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2024 at 1:58 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Vegetarian evangelists are on the same level. 😉 

Have you read my evangelising? Even once? Or are you trolling and deflecting as you always do?

On 7/30/2024 at 2:06 PM, newbee2022 said:

Ouch, does it hurt to hear the truth?😳

What truth?  that I donate thousands every month to help an orphanage?  do YOU?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, still kicking said:

Talking about liver failure I used to drink a bit, but now I drink just a few glasses of red wine at night went to my yearly blood test last week my liver was perfect so was everything else.

WOW,riveting.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 2:11 AM, Pilot3Boz said:

Never drank alcohol my entire life.... Never missed it..... No drugs or smoking either... Always fully aware of what is happening around me... 

And my class won a bible

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2024 at 2:11 AM, Pilot3Boz said:

Do you also make all your own frocks?

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2024 at 9:31 AM, NoshowJones said:

A mug of tea in the morning and evening, I don't like coffee, three glasses of no sugar juice, some non fat milk, it varies, maybe only one glass. No alcohol at all, never even tasted it, the look and smell of it put me off when I was a teenager, plenty of water.

How do you manage to cram so much into your exciting life?

• Haha 2

When working (in UK) I only used to drink when on holiday. The 'cafe culture' of Spain and Portugal suited me fine. Cheese and ham toasties, bolos, coffee and draught lager anytime between 6am and midnight (or later) in air conditioned comfort was great. A jug of vinho branco de casa with my meals in small family run restaurants was great too. Not the same in Thailand, at least not where I live. Limit myself to the odd can of Chang at home for thirst quenching purposes only.

After having a heart attack I stopped drinking entirely.  Before that I didn't drink during working days, but on Friday nights and Saturdays I would have a couple of beers or a couple of glasses of wine.

When I first came to Thailand, more than 20 years ago, I would drink a LOT more, but still only on weekends or during long holidays.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:43 AM, BritManToo said:

It's your money, nobody cares how you spend it.

You miss the point. The poster asked why I don't donate to orphans and spend it on drinks. I have the right to reply to his stupidity and presumption. Thank you.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You miss the point. The poster asked why I don't donate to orphans and spend it on drinks. I have the right to reply to his stupidity and presumption. Thank you.

I'll take your 'confused' and raise you a 'sad'!

I quit drinking alcohol 7 years ago and sold all of my duty free bottles at the local auction.  The main reason was health related and getting tired of the persistent price increases.

It really made the drinking bunch uncomfortable being around a water drinker.  It forced me to depart after the 2nd round and eventually quit interacting with any alcohol drinker.

Health improved as did quality of conversation with remaining friends.  A win win.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m pretty similar—I’ll have a glass or two of red wine in the evening, maybe a bit more if I’m feeling fancy. I don’t really do beer or spirits. Keeps things simple and enjoyable.