Thai Airways signs codeshare agreement with Kuwait Airways

snoop1130

Screenshot-2024-06-27-103249.jpg

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) and Kuwait Airways (KAC) unveiled an exciting new codeshare agreement, set to revolutionise travel between Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. Under this partnership, THAI will utilise the KAC code on flights connecting Kuwait City with Bangkok, as well as European hotspots like Rome and Athens.

KAC will place its code on THAI flights between Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. THAI CEO Chai Eamsiri expressed his excitement over the collaboration, emphasising the enhanced travel opportunities it will provide.

“We look forward to developing the relationship further and introducing more added-value benefits in the future. This partnership will enhance our seamless connectivity, offering passengers more options and a great experience.”

Highlighting the broader implications, he noted that the agreement would not only strengthen ties between the airlines but also foster closer relations between their respective countries. This strategic partnership aims to increase travel options and improve connectivity, making it easier for passengers to explore new destinations.

KAC CEO Captain Ahmad M. AlKreebani echoed these sentiments, predicting a boost in commercial and tourism relations between Kuwait and Thailand.

“Passengers will be able to book these flights directly through our websites or the travel agents’ reservation systems. Furthermore, this codeshare agreement will enhance the relationship between the two airlines and between the two friendly countries, Kuwait and Thailand.”

Pending government approval, the partnership might expand to include additional routes. THAI could offer codeshare services on KAC flights to Middle Eastern and European cities such as Amman, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh, Cairo, Casablanca, and Milan. Conversely, KAC could offer codeshare services on THAI flights to destinations in Korea, the Far East, and Thailand, reported The Nation.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of The Nation

Source: The Thaiger 2024-06-27

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

17 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Thai Airways is also a member of The Star Alliance network, being one of the five founding members, and is a codeshare partner with the airlines below.

IMG_3483.jpeg

In that case, the air miles obtained would also remain valid whether I fly with one or the other.
But recently I got a notification from Thai that soon my airmiles will expire, while with EVAair I have not seen any notification of that.

15 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

In that case, the air miles obtained would also remain valid whether I fly with one or the other.
But recently I got a notification from Thai that soon my airmiles will expire, while with EVAair I have not seen any notification of that.

Assuming you are talking about your Royal Orchid and your Infinity MileageLands accounts respectively, they are not linked regardless of both carriers being Star Alliance members. Each individual airline's rewards program is unique, each with different rules.

Edited by NanLaew

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Assuming you are talking about your Royal Orchid and your Infinity MileageLands accounts respectively, they are not linked regardless of both carriers being Star Alliance members. Each individual airline's rewards program is unique, each with different rules.

I was not aware of that, thanks for your clarification.