Good conversation starters

Mekmong MICK

9 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

In Australia, I'd usually just say something like "gee you look alright" or "show us your knackers" or "fix us a sandwich would you, Darl?". But I am conscious this may not be as appropriate in Thailand. 

Same phrases might work very well with the bar-ladies – however, she might start before you with "Hey, handsome man"...:whistling:

9 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

I'm looking for companionship with a young Thai lady but am not sure how to approach a conversation / what are some good topics to start off what could be a lifelong romance.

More seriously, first thing to know is that in general a Thai lady sees a man as a provider; as I'm often told: "If a man cannot provide, who do I need him?"

Young Thai ladies are common with elder men. Many Thai men have a young "mia noi" (little wife), even when still having his "older" wife at home. Of course, if he can afford it; young Thai ladies are often expensive company, but you can make face having one, showing that you can afford it.

Good conversation starters are always first a kind of contact and note if there is any mutual interest; eye contact or a smile. To become interesting you shall first of all follow a decent dress code – yes, there are dress code in Thailand, even you might not see it that much on tourist beach areas – and act polite; i.e., be a gentleman or at least a nice guy. Speak polite; however, don't expect young Thai ladies can speak much English, apart from those you meet in the nightlife. You Aussie-suggestion for starting a conversation might not work at all with nice ladies, rather the opposite.

There are many potential birds in the nightlife – and many other places in tourists areas – that are interested in foreign company, and eventual a lifelong romance. Nice ladies that are interested in foreign company also attends the night life at parties or in trendy pubs or clubs, because they are places where you can meet foreigners. A good conversation starter is always a compliment like "Swy mak khrap" (very beautiful). If she answers with a thank you (kop khun ka) you can a change to continue by asking name – always a polite start – and offer her a drink, if she don't stand/sit with a full glass. She may ask you , where you come from and then you can ask her the same – often the ladies at tourist destination are not local, but domestic migrant workers – and there you are: you have started a polite conversation, and it you keep it polite from your side; you might end up with a date for dinner. If she is a professional bird, she might turn the conversation in another way.

Don't expect nice Thai ladies to be a quick catch, it can take (long) time. And don't be surprised if your date brings a chaperone for your romantic candlelight dinner invitation, it just shows that she indeed is a nice lady..👍

It might be good for you to get hand on the book "Thailand Fever", which you can buy in bookstores selling English books, it will tell you a lot more about dating Thai ladies, and what you shall expect for having "a lifelong romance"...:thumbsup:

PS: I've found a young Thai romance in Hua Hin – she is almost 32 years younger than me – so far it has lasted nearly 20 years – and we still enjoys our dinner together in the glow of candles...😊

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

You won't have much a problem since relationships here, unlike Australia, are very transactional.

Relationships are transactional everywhere, except in the West it's more subtle. It's not talked about openly. 

And you HAVE to buy a really expensive house. 

In Thailand, you can get away with smaller transactions. 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

13 = teenager

19 = teenager

Do you really don't see a difference?

Personally, I would never consider a 13-yo child.

And I don't think I ever met a 19-yo and thought: she is too young.

At the end what counts is the legal situation in Thailand. And I am not going to argue about that one again.

just leave a bucket near the bed if she needs to puke... is that really sexy for you?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Lol, women are bad drivers no matter where you are in the world.

I'm looking for 18-20yo, not many on the roads within this bracket unfortunately friend

Ah, amongst his many negative attributes we can now add male chauvinist pig.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

just leave a bucket near the bed if she needs to puke... is that really sexy for you?

Maybe that's your experience when you have sex.

I never had a girl who complained in any way or form.

But then again, I don't have any sex with old women, I heard they complain a lot.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

I'm looking for 18-20yo, not many on the roads within this bracket unfortunately friend

My dream for when I would reach 70, was to be like other 70-years old men that you often hear about from Pattaya with their 18 years and one day old new girlfriend...😍 – but when I finally reached this amazing age Covid came, closed Pattaya's nightlife, and spoiled the whole dream-scenario...☹️

Do you mean 'Chat-up Lines?

I hope your Australian ones weren't examples of what you used even in Australia!

Some examples of mine you could try:

"If you will be my 6, I will be your 9"

She says: "Hello handsome"

You: "You are only saying that because it is true"

or...  "Thank you, I appreciate your honesty"

She: "Do you come here often?"

You: "Only in the mating season"

You, "I had a dream last night about somebody just like you"

She: "Did you?"

You: "No, you wouldn't let me!"

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe that's your experience when you have sex.

I never had a girl who complained in any way or form.

But then again, I don't have any sex with old women, I heard they complain a lot.

I never would have sex with a near child - for me, it is totally not sexy... I am sure they never complained to you, they just didn't come back... has that ever happened to you? 

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Ah, amongst his many negative attributes we can now add male chauvinist pig.

Its incredible how within one day of signing up to this forum he's managed to out himself as one of the most overwhelmingly disagreeable and dislikable characters on here... 

Its astonishing that anyone is actually acknowledging his trolling.... 

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I never would have sex with a near child - for me, it is totally not sexy... I am sure they never complained to you, they just didn't come back... has that ever happened to you? 

Would you believe me when I would tell you that I had years of sex with my teenage girlfriend? And I never paid her a salary or something like that. And I am still together with her, now long time no teenager anymore.

I am talking from my own experience, for years.

It seems you don't have any experience like that. So, I wonder why you think you know it all. Did your mother or your (not so young) wife tell you what you believe? Is it possible that they had their own motives why they told you those stories? 

Don't expect any old woman to tell you that maybe not so old women could possibly like you. Old women don't want that you even dream about such a situation. And it seems they did a great job with limiting your dreams.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Would you believe me when I would tell you that I had years of sex with my teenage girlfriend? And I never paid her a salary or something like that. And I am still together with her, now long time no teenager anymore.

I am talking from my own experience, for years.

It seems you don't have any experience like that. So, I wonder why you think you know it all. Did your mother or your (not so young) wife tell you what you believe? Is it possible that they had their own motives why they told you those stories? 

Don't expect any old woman to tell you that maybe not so old women could possibly like you. Old women don't want that you even dream about such a situation. And it seems they did a great job with limiting your dreams.

You have a very very wrong impression of me - - for sure. And bringing my parents into this? You know nothing of me and nothing of my parents.. do you get some sort of sick pleasure about inventing stories about my deceased parents? I have always been extremely independent and think for myself, which my parents encouraged - nobody told me stories on this subject and yet you assume some superiority because you have a teenage GF - - Wow. I am so not impressed. Do you have no idea how perverted an old man looks with a teenage girl? 

I never said I know it all - I just know that for me an old guy with a teenage girl is mostly disgusting.. if the shoe fits, too bad. And I have a lifetime of success because I do follow my dreams and always have... sounds like this topic is making you extremely defensive... hmmmm... but making up stories about my dead parents - how sleazy... you get some jollies out if that? That is about the lowest thing I have seen on this forum. 

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

You have a very very wrong impression of me - - for sure. And bringing my parents into this? You know nothing of me and nothing of my parents.. do you get some sort of sick pleasure about inventing stories about my deceased parents? I have always been extremely independent and think for myself, which my parents encouraged - nobody told me stories on this subject and yet you assume some superiority because you have a teenage GF - - Wow. I am so not impressed. Do you have no idea how perverted an old man looks with a teenage girl? 

I never said I know it all - I just know that for me an old guy with a teenage girl is mostly disgusting.. if the shoe fits, too bad. And I have a lifetime of success because I do follow my dreams and always have... sounds like this topic is making you extremely defensive... hmmmm... but making up stories about my dead parents - how sleazy... you get some jollies out if that? That is about the lowest thing I have seen on this forum. 

Bit of a finicky one aren't you ?...   Take it easy...     you read way to much insult into OMF's post and hyperbolae'd into meltdown..   

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Bit of a finicky one aren't you ?...   Take it easy...     you read way to much insult into OMF's post and hyperbolae'd into meltdown..   

maybe you take insults of your parents better than I do.... absolutely no reason to trash the deceased... 

8 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:
10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

maybe you take insults of your parents better than I do.... absolutely no reason to trash the deceased... 

He didn't trash the deceased...   he just asked "Did your mother or your (not so young) wife tell you what you believe?"....   

i.e. have those those females around you influenced the independence of your thoughts?... 

There are enough real insults out there without trying to shoehorn in some outrage and play the victim to a fairly innocuous comment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

1. How do you know I am an old man? It seems that what you assume.

2. My gf is no teenager anymore, she was a teenager when we got together, many years ago.

Your idea that no man should have a relationship with a teenage girl, not ever a 19 year old girl, must come from somewhere. You obviously didn't experience yourself with girls that age and came to that conclusion. This is why I mentioned that maybe your wife or parents told you so. We learn a lot from our parents, so that should be no surprise.

Maybe you are a religious man and you somehow learned what you learned.

My point is you obviously have no first-hand experience with this. It seems you never had a teenage girlfriend - at least when you were not a teen. 

I have years of experience with teenage girls - not only with them but also with them. It can fit just fine. There is no natural law which tells us this can't be possible. It is possible, in real life. Even if you don't allow it to be possible in your imagination.

Maybe just accept that your imagination is limited. Good enough for you. But don't drag others in there because you don't understand it.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its incredible how within one day of signing up to this forum he's managed to out himself as one of the most overwhelmingly disagreeable and dislikable characters on here... 

Its astonishing that anyone is actually acknowledging his trolling.... 

Actually he has scored a 'first' with me. He is the first poster has joined the forum and was placed on my 'ignore user' list within 48 hours of doing so. Congratulations  @Mekmong MICK