Another Angry Farang? - don't laugh

pluto72

when i first got here in the very early 2000's, i went to a post office and an old lady rudely cut in front of me in the queue. i was really angry, but my then gf told me my pen rai... chai yen yen. -->relax take it easy.

now, if anyone does this i learned the very useful phrase--> ko tod krup, khun mai mee marayat krup...

translate: excuse me, you have bad manners 

and i make sure i keep my queue

but what gets me the most is when a cashier opens because of long queues and people rush to be first rather than letting those who should go first do so. about this one... nothing you can do...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

when i first got here in the very early 2000's, i went to a post office and an old lady rudely cut in front of me in the queue. i was really angry, but my then gf told me my pen rai... chai yen yen. -->relax take it easy.

now, if anyone does this i learned the very useful phrase--> ko tod krup, khun mai mee marayat krup...

translate: excuse me, you have bad manners 

and i make sure i keep my queue

but what gets me the most is when a cashier opens because of long queues and people rush to be first rather than letting those who should go first do so. about this one... nothing you can do...

I always say "Thai Raak Thai" or Thai love Thai.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

If the gun was behind his back, how did they know he had a gun? Just asking.

Obviously you think too much ,much be a by product of your poor upbringing 

And someone in your family upbringing used the term " just asking" ... 

Look we must forget our social norms ,thankyou 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, pluto72 said:

I am British, trying to become a more chilled-out Thai.

In my town there is a burger place in a shopping mall.

Last night, I joined what I thought was a queue to order food and waited patiently behind a gentleman for about 5 minutes, while the staff ignored me. A Thai man walked up, spoke in Thai, and was served immediately.

I kept waiting. Then a teenager came in, said something in Thai, and jumped the queue to get served. I was so Frustrated that I moved to an unoccupied counter and waited to place my order. I was ignored again.

Thai people seemed to get served without issue, and I felt discriminated against. After some time, I returned to my wife empty-handed. She tried for another 20 minutes with no luck.

My patience ran out. I marched in, bypassed the queue, and demanded my order: 2 Double Whopper Meals and 2 Fantas. I vented my frustration about the system and being ignored.

The server explained that I needed to take a ticket and give it to the attendant. Shocked, I asked how I was supposed to know. He pointed to a sign in English saying "Take ticket before ordering."

I took a ticket, was served in less than 2 minutes, apologised, and ate our food. It was a lesson for me to pay attention to signs. I hate getting old!

Typical disgusting farang behaviour 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Another anecdote that shows the opposite:

My wife's niece and her husband were returning home from the city market last night when a car pulled across in front of them, the driver jumping out and demanding they get out of their car, while holding a gun behind his back. They refused to get out and asked what the problem was - he shouted to his wife to come - she then said 'wrong person' and they left........

Yeah, right.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

As a fellow Brit I am also trying to chill out more like thai people.

The Thais certainly seem happier than us and don’t sweat to small stuff.

And they hardly ever complain, and complaining seems to be our favorite hobby.

we can learn a lot from these people.

Well said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pluto72 said:

I am British, trying to become a more chilled-out Thai.

In my town there is a burger place in a shopping mall.

Last night, I joined what I thought was a queue to order food and waited patiently behind a gentleman for about 5 minutes, while the staff ignored me. A Thai man walked up, spoke in Thai, and was served immediately.

I kept waiting. Then a teenager came in, said something in Thai, and jumped the queue to get served. I was so Frustrated that I moved to an unoccupied counter and waited to place my order. I was ignored again.

Thai people seemed to get served without issue, and I felt discriminated against. After some time, I returned to my wife empty-handed. She tried for another 20 minutes with no luck.

My patience ran out. I marched in, bypassed the queue, and demanded my order: 2 Double Whopper Meals and 2 Fantas. I vented my frustration about the system and being ignored.

The server explained that I needed to take a ticket and give it to the attendant. Shocked, I asked how I was supposed to know. He pointed to a sign in English saying "Take ticket before ordering."

I took a ticket, was served in less than 2 minutes, apologised, and ate our food. It was a lesson for me to pay attention to signs. I hate getting old!

Do what my wife tells me  " OPEN EYES  "  :omfg:

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

As a fellow Brit I am also trying to chill out more like thai people.

The Thais certainly seem happier than us and don’t sweat to small stuff.

And they hardly ever complain, and complaining seems to be our favorite hobby.

we can learn a lot from these people.

As the saying was once said "Life is what happens when you are busy doing other things"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Obviously you think too much ,much be a by product of your poor upbringing 

And someone in your family upbringing used the term " just asking" ... 

Look we must forget our social norms ,thankyou 

I'm not sure what I've done to rattle your cage, but hey-ho

• Thumbs Up 1