Presidential debate is over, have your opinions changed ? What was your take ?

CharlieH

8 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Inflation - mainly caused by covid spending and hard to reign in. Been away from economic news for a month but through this last year seen even Fox news reports where they reluctantly had to admit the combination of growing economy, jobs, and decreasing inflation is impressive. I don't even really give credit to politicians - it's more about providing a stable political and economic environment and getting out of the way. 

That doesn't make it easier for someone dealing with inflation who doesn't benefit from shares or property who has to buy the essentials- but it's hard in my opinion not to see that America has handled it pretty well in comparison to the world.

But Trump is to my knowledge still recommending a 10 per cent tariff on imports - mentioned today - terrible for inflation - and some close to him about blunting the Reserve bank independence on increasing interest rates to handle inflation - said it before but see what that did to Turkiye. 

Inflation was high for too long. Still high. Biden just blames Trump. Trump had inflation at 1.7%. You can't blame covid or Trump in 2024. Biden is the dumbest world leader in history.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Inflation - mainly caused by covid spending and hard to reign in. Been away from economic news for a month but through this last year seen even Fox news reports where they reluctantly had to admit the combination of growing economy, jobs, and decreasing inflation is impressive. I don't even really give credit to politicians - it's more about providing a stable political and economic environment and getting out of the way. 

That doesn't make it easier for someone dealing with inflation who doesn't benefit from shares or property who has to buy the essentials- but it's hard in my opinion not to see that America has handled it pretty well in comparison to the world.

But Trump is to my knowledge still recommending a 10 per cent tariff on imports - mentioned today - terrible for inflation - and some close to him about blunting the Reserve bank independence on increasing interest rates to handle inflation - said it before but see what that did to Turkiye. 

So, clearly you don't live in the USA and know nothing of economic conditions on the ground. Why didnt you just say that?

22 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Everything is inflated. Try running a business. Food, fuel, electric, insurance. Dont get me started on the pathetic "climate crisis".

The entire policies of the Democratic Party are as harmful to the USA as having a semi demented mediocre machine politician as the President. On every issue, their policies are rejected by the American people. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am an Australian who has felt the effects of inflation as wages didn't keep us so I feel that pain and can make comparisons. 

Then research the numbers. Trump had low unemployment, low inflation and a secure border.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am an Australian who has felt the effects of inflation as wages didn't keep us so I feel that pain and can make comparisons. 

Inflationary pressures and causes are far different than ours. In fact, as we get screwed by inflation in America, it sinks down to you guys.

Bet you gas prices in Oz go down when we start drill baby drilling again.

Just now, susanlea said:

Then research the numbers. Trump had low unemployment, low inflation and a secure border.

Spent a <deleted> load on covid support - much of which went to the wrong people and criminals  - and that and supply issues related to covid and the growing economy after covid was a key reason for inflation that followed. Not blaming him - they did it everywhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Been mild for 20 years where i lived. Fake crisis. Hottest days i had were in 1982 and 2004.

Too bad. Give up your ICE for an EV. Limit your lifestyle while China burns more coal.

The world is going to change for the better real soon. Trump 2024.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Too bad. Give up your ICE for an EV. Limit your lifestyle while China burns more coal.

The world is going to change for the better real soon. Trump 2024.

Look at Chiang Mai pollution. These climate crisis idiots in the west have no idea. Many of them white men and women who have never been to Asia.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I'm not a Biden fan at all.  In fact, just the opposite.  But this morning, I felt sorry for him, suffering the elder abuse.  With another twinge of sympathy watching Jill lead him off the stage.

The presidential debate isn't the only thing that ended today.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I'm not a Biden fan at all.  In fact, just the opposite.  But this morning, I felt sorry for him, suffering the elder abuse.  With another twinge of sympathy watching Jill lead him off the stage.

The presidential debate isn't the only thing that ended today.

Free pension, free transport. I don't feel sorry for him. Life of luxury while others suffered. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

But this morning, I felt sorry for him, suffering the elder abuse.

I don’t feel sorry for him at all, he’s a career politician, the elderly abuse he’s enduring is of his own making. Though it’s quite the eyesore.

• Agree 2

I am not sure how Biden is going to be able to ever meet any foreign leader and look them in the eyes at this point.i guess he is lucky that he thinks he won't the debate and everything is groovy. Anybody that had even slight self awareness would be ashamed. But that's not Joe.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Good point, I don't trust them, I feel they have something up their sleeve. 

Good point? No point. If the voters don't trust a new candidate they won't vote for him. 'voters don't really matter to them' is simply nonsense. 

Except for Trump who recently made that statement.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Good point? No point. If the voters don't trust a new candidate they won't vote for him. 'voters don't really matter to them' is simply nonsense. 

Most voters don't have a clue. 99% don't know the numbers. They just follow the party lies.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The lesson here is they should have had a primary that would have given the public a chance to observe and vet the candidates. They tried to shoehorn a puppet in and now the clean up on aisle 46 is going to be very messy if it can be done. For most oeoole that have two eyes it was obvious for the last several n years the basement strategy was untenable. It worked once because of Covid but that's it.

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Now there is a point.....every time someone tells a lie a buzzer/hooter should sound. In which case trump's lies would be laid bare for all to see. After all he did participate in game shows, so he would be no stranger to this and it might show the American public what a liar and conman he is, if they didn't already know.

But having said that the Republicans already DO KNOW what a liar he is........so it says everything about them!! 

so, did biden lie also?