What happened to you, Thailand?

bob smith

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Not once I have seen you post anything positive about Thailand, except everything was better before, when everyone was happy, plenty of cheap young smiling ladies and cheap alchohol, as well wild west corrupt cheap visa agents, made life so much easier. 

are you trying to tell me that things weren't better back then??

bob.

Edited by bob smith

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand has changed, every country has, its called progression,

I wouldn't call in progression, richard.

More like regression.

Thailand could have progressed had they allowed the elected government to be in power, but in typical Thai fashion they fumbled it.

They seem to fumble everything!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is a lot that has progressed....  Plenty that has not due to corruption etc, as highlighted. 

But, in focusing only on the negative, you have kneecapped your own ability to see the positive - hence the common negative theme in your threads. 

Ok.

what are the positives of living in Thailand in 2024?

list them all.

bob.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

I'm in the far Western suburbs. I walk around my area a lot, go to the local Foodland, Gourmet Market, and Taling Chan post office on a regular basis. I never see another Westerner in those places. Never. Go to Central Pinklao or the Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat Hospital regularly and never see any there either. Go into Petcharat Pharmacy near Siriraj Hospital and they are always stunned to see me there because no other Westerner comes in. Same thing for Thonburi Market, Don Wai Market, and my trips to the banks. 

I went to Don Wai. 5 or 6 foreigners there.

21 minutes ago, bob smith said:

are you trying to tell me that things weren't better back then??

bob.

Everything was better back then, because it was less than 5 millions foreign tourists visiting every year who did not ruin Thais experience of us as visitors. Cheap airline tickes and cheap Thai baht contributed to ruin Thailand. 

• Confused 1