High Pitch Ear Buzzing

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The stomach issues could certainly be from the antibiotic.

The stiff neck is potentially alarming, especially if you also have fever. Need to rule out meningitis as ell as ear infection.

You need a more thorough evaluation, and not at a clinic.  There are 3 ENTS at Bangkok Hospital, or if cost is a big concern you could go to Vachira or Mission Hospitals.

Thanks,

Yes, the stomach is less today, and the nausea has gone also. Both of these I think are down to the antibiotics

I don't have a strong headache or fever or any of the other meningitis symptoms I read. Neck is mostly from the bottom of ear straight line down and then at the base of skull. It's not very painful I'm just aware of it. I am still thinking of ear infection, but the antibiotics should be helping that as well as the throat, or would it normally take longer than this to work?

Mission is my usual hospital, but the ENT there is the same DR as the clinic, they told me only have 1 ENT.
Mahogany after hours clinic of Vachira does not list ENT, not been able to call to check it.

Bangkok Hospital said 2,500+ for consultation so will avoid that.

Can't really get until the weekend, obviously if something changes and becomes urgent I will go earlier but will maybe try the after hours clinic.

You started antibiotic only on Sunday so it may just need more time.

Or infection could be viral, in which case antibiotics will not treat.

Or, could be from an organism not sensitive to the antibiotic prescribed. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The problem with tinnitus is there are so many possible causes. I have had it on and off and it was related to gut issues with bacterial overgrowth and yeast overgrowth which caused a cascade of symptoms from histamine issues to mast cell issues to fungal nails to tinnitus. When I finally got help to fix up my gut, I got relief from the tinnitus - but it was about the last of the many issues related to my messed up gut to clear up. I know it won't bring any relief but after a while you do get used to tinnitus....and with parts of Thailand being noisy, you forget about it for long periods for much of the day.

Edited by mstevens
  • Thanks 1

Apparently there is some kind of treatment for chronic tinninitus now.  I haven't heard too much about it since it was first reported so not sure how well it works.  It involves listening to that same tone which basically trains your hearing to ignore it I guess.  

• Thanks 1