Why are so many foreigners residing in Thailand problematic types?

123Stodg

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

It's cheap.

The law is readily for sale or hire.

Rejects, outcasts, "failures", the "disappointed", drunks, asocials, xenophobes, the mentally "troubled", misanthropes, malcontents, misfits, miserable old gits, bitter divorcees, cheats, pirates, crooks and layabouts can easily find partners/co-dependants:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherchez_la_femme

"There is a woman in every case; as soon as someone brings me a report, I say, 'Look for the woman!"

And then there is Bob of course.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

those AI text detectors are utter bull<deleted>. they are as likely to wrong as right. they aren't even consistent between themselves.

that said, id say in this case its highly likely

Oh I don't know...  They seem pretty accurate to me..... 

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 15.33.13.jpeg

Edited by richard_smith237

One must lack very basic knowledge and IQ to have this question, yet many do.. So to explain you easily: they suck and this is a easy target <deleted> up country to go to. Unless being american, or speaking spanish already, it is basically the Nr 1 easy place to go as a <deleted> up person.

Same time it is the place to go for the medium performing idiots, who then can pretend to be succesful and important. Even any person with money and real business can filter those out within seconds; you usually get a ugly look. I am discovered, <deleted>. 

Get real: thailand is the destination for <deleted> ups and people with limited budgets. Otherwise anyone would dig a hot south american girl + cheap easy visa's + owning land and businesses + working without issues + sailboats + better nature etc etc etc etc.

It just had the lucky thing of Vietnam war, to start a boost, that ended where we are before and today only. That's history 101 + absolute truth. Just look at the average Joe here marrying a Thai; they both usually look <deleted> up. Exceptions always exist but are rare so not relevant too.

To sum it up:
1) You came in war area (vietnam) and lived her still today + similar to some oil expats etc.
2) You are young and boostrapping a life; most times leave as soon haveing success or failure regardless
3) You are a <deleted> up, but here you are something at least; this is the majority of sour suckers living here + dominating the forum.
4) The different ones: rare.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

If you want to see the true detritus of expatness, come to Cambodia where those who cannot get into Thailand or got thrown out of now reside....

In that regard the majority here as just as <deleted> up, just one stone step above in terms of being able to afford the basic minimum.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Didn't read as TLTR but a criminal record check for long term stayers would help a lot, then maybe consider banning tattoo people

Well there goes half the Gen-X, Millennials, and Zoomers tourists as well as Boomer ex-Navy veterans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:

I really don’t give a hoot what others look like or what lifestyle they choose. But damn sure care about what others do, criminal background check for all staying over x amount of time (30 days, before they get too comfortable?) would be a good thing. 

Criminal background check? Are you saying no more Brit’s?

the country has become a dumping ground for lowlifes and degenerates.

the vast majority come to Thailand because they have little money, and think they can live a great life here.

but find out it’s simply not true!

anytime I feel down I just look around and thank god I haven’t stooped to that level!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh I don't know...  They seem pretty accurate to me..... 

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 15.33.13.jpeg

Hahaha was going to come up with rebuttal then took a second look.

Brilliant

AI derectors returning false positives are a pretty touchy subject with professional writers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

You join AN a week ago and have 6 posts. 

What do you know about Thailand or expats who reside here?  My guess is - not much.

Happy fishing...

trolling.thumb.png.5ecc55184d0f034aae7091e192102a03.png

I was not aware that long-term contributions on a geriatric expat forum was sonorous with knowledge of thailand.

But yeah, troll playing with chat gpt

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i've worked with teachers here, for nearly 20 years, and these people are supposed to be educated, empathetic and caring. most of these guys, and some women, are cheap, out at bars as if their lives depend on it, and selfish. i once had a nice steak dinner at my house and i had invited 3 teachers with gf's. not one bothered to bring a bottle of wine or beer. that was the last time i did that. 

generally most people here are in survival mode and this is not a great way to live. just ask some people here you think you see eye to eye with out for a beer and let me know the responses.

best advice, find a good lady and dont expect much from foreigners...

I once met an American teaching English somewhere in Isaan. The guy in his thirties was a mason in homeland and spoke and behave likewise. His main activities were banging the locals and smoking pot. Very classy guy!?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, vangrop said:
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its called an AI detector - 100% chance I won't need to use it on your posts !!! :passifier:

Indeed I am to bright for that, not as some others

Yup..  no chance at all anyone could accuse the above comment as being anything close to what any form of intelligence would write, be it artificial or human !!...  :emot-kiss:

2 hours ago, jvs said:

I don't think it is really that bad.

In any country tourists are behaving badly.

As for expats?Sure there are good and bad and you will hear about the bad ones.

The good ones?There are a lot of them and they mostly stay home and do their own thing and are more or less integrated in their local community and when they do go out they don't drink and drive!

It is very easy to go out and meet the idiots,not so easy to meet "normal"people.

Yeah, for those criticizing the farangs, I propose to spend holidays i Benidorm (Spain), the hub of English hooligans. You will regret Thailand as on oasis of nice tourists

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, vangrop said:

I once met an American teaching English somewhere in Isaan. The guy in his thirties was a mason in homeland and spoke and behave likewise. His main activities were banging the locals and smoking pot. Very classy guy!?

Um, I was a software implementation project manager bangkok in my 30s, and that was pretty much my hobby as well.

Though alcohol and other substances featured as well.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Yup..  no chance at all anyone could accuse the above comment as being anything close to what any form of intelligence would write, be it artificial or human !!...  :emot-kiss:

you should also buy a mirror next time you go for your cheese sandwich in 7/11

5 minutes ago, vangrop said:

you should also buy a mirror next time you go for your cheese sandwich in 7/11

.... c'mon... surely you can do better than that vangrop....       if you wish to verbally spar, at least make an attempt to up your game, for at the moment, all you are are succeeding in is confirming the Ops assertions that Thailand attracts those on the lower rungs of the IQ ladder... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Few really wealthy Farangs settle in Thailand permanently. Mostly elderly Farangs that have realised that the cost of living in Thailand is lower than in their home country.
The British would call it "lower class citizens". Of course they bring along their upbringing, their mode of communication and the way one behaves in public. To Thais, this is often perceived as "rough and uncivilised behavor". Accepted 20 years ago as the Farangs wallet was the only deciding factor. But not anymore.

The general "discruntlement" of Farangs may find it's roots in the fact that "Female Companionship" costs 200% more than 20 years ago. In the meantime, nobody believes that the Thai Temples are the reason to settle in Thailand.

PS: By citing "lower-class" is not limited to the UK, as every country has it's "lower-classes".

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of it may be they feel they can mask their neurodivergence through the culture gap..and I'm not kidding.

Aka the "wandering misfit types"....

Thais are way more forgiving of weird foreigner behaviour and put it down the 'farang ways'.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1