Best course of action to get the most out of my non-o multiple entry visa based on marriage

What is the best course of action to get the most out of my non-o multiple entry visa based on marriage:

I have a non o multiple entry visa that will expire on August 28th. My 90 days stamp will expire on July 29th. 

Which is best way?

Scenario 1

Any time between now and July 29th - Extend 60 days at immigration

August 28th- Border bounce for 1 day 

November 26th (90 days later) - Extend 60 days at immigration

OR
Scenario 2
July 29th - Border bounce 1 day

August 28th - Border bounce 1 day

Scenario 1 is better option for me as I have commitments here and don't want to have to leave the country too often.  Also it's the cheapest. But I'm not sure if it's possible? Do they add on 60 days to the point which your 90 days expires or 60 days from the date at which you apply?

Also does wife and/or kid have to come along for an extension? I was in the UK for a few months during this year so I never needed to get an extension before. 

14 minutes ago, KruAlastair said:

they add on 60 days to the point which your 90 days expires

You can apply 1 or 2 weeks early and lose no days - they add the 60-days to the permitted-stay date.

14 minutes ago, KruAlastair said:

does wife and/or kid have to come along for an extension?

Your Thai wife will need to come with you for the 60-day extension at immigration. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, not sure why you are even starting a thread.

Clearly you have a good knowledge of options.

As just post above as I type this the 60 is added to the stamp (90 day) you will be given on reentry.

Sorry I wasn't sure if both options were doable? I heard that you could only do one extension per Visa and others said I can do an extension on every re-entry. 

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1307757-getting-3060-day-extension-to-current-multi-entry-non-o-visa-to-visit-wife/ 

My understanding is that you can obtain one 60 day extension per entry with a ME Non marriage that you have.

Happy to be corrected. 

Thanks and to do the extension can I just go tomorrow with my wife or must I wait 1 or 2 weeks before the expiry?

1 hour ago, KruAlastair said:

What is the best course of action to get the most out of my non-o multiple entry visa based on marriage:

I have a non o multiple entry visa that will expire on August 28th. My 90 days stamp will expire on July 29th. 

Which is best way?

Scenario 1

Any time between now and July 29th - Extend 60 days at immigration

August 28th- Border bounce for 1 day 

OR
Scenario 2
July 29th - Border bounce 1 day

August 28th - Border bounce 1 day

Scenario 1 is better option for me as I have commitments here and don't want to have to leave the country too often.  Also it's the cheapest. But I'm not sure if it's possible? Do they add on 60 days to the point which your 90 days expires or 60 days from the date at which you apply?

Also does wife and/or kid have to come along for an extension? I was in the UK for a few months during this year so I never needed to get an extension before. 

Scenario '2' 

But the Non-O ME was/ is for folks that had a need to go out of Thailand often. My shortest border bounce was 7-8 days back to the UK! 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

My understanding is that you can obtain one 60 day extension per entry with a ME Non marriage that you have.

Happy to be corrected. 

Whether you can get one 60 day extension based on visiting Thai family per entry, on a multi-entry Visa or per Visa bracket (meaning you can do it once on any entry of that Visa) is an immigration office specific thing.

There are indeed offices that will only let you get that 60-day visit family extension one time per Visa.

Just as there are offices that will not add the 60 days to the current 90-day stamp and they make you go close to the date that stamp is expiring to get the 60 days and you lose the extra days left on your stamp. That is because you have the non-ovisa based on marriage and you are getting the extension for a different reason based on visiting Thai family.

@KruAlastair you clearly have a concept of how the year-long multi-entry non-immigrant type O Visa works, my advice to you would be to take your Thai wife with you and go to the immigration office asking them if you can get the 60-day extension on this entry and then on the final 90 day entry you will get when you bounce out and back close to when your Visa itself expires.

Their answer will control whether you take the extension now or not.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1307757-getting-3060-day-extension-to-current-multi-entry-non-o-visa-to-visit-wife/ 

Happy to be corrected. 

one 60 day wife extn per entry except re-entry permit entries

• Like 1