Is it safe to wear a Rolex around Bangkok??

Mekmong MICK

Personally, I find Rolex watches to be ugly and smacks of east-end lads got rich....

I have an antique half-hunter pocket watch. About $20,000 and wearing such a pocket watch states my character > titled ancestry, educated, well-spoken, quiet confidence 🙂

watch.jpg.a3b94c10672d2d44c4303b9f3d57bb27.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mekmong MICK said:

All the date and time wheels give me an aneurysm. The Datejust is clean and elegant. 

It's a Wimbledon version so a unique piece

Which makes it neither unique nor particularly special. More special than your run of the mill Datejust, yes. And, yes, you can wear it around with no issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, retarius said:

Yes, everyone assumes that the Rolex on your arm that you are so proud of, is fake and not worth the 300 baht you paid for it. A ladyboy might steal it if you take her back to your room. 

Since I got a girlfriend on the weekend I've got no need for ladyboys.

Plus mine doesn't look fake

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

What's the point of having a Rolex ,so when you go anywhere ,you have to

ask will it be safe wearing it ? ,

The 15 quid watch I bought off Ebay UK ,is still going strong after 5 + years,

only needed batteries , and no one is going to bother stealing it, I can wear

it anywhere ,no problem ,and I don't need to impress anyone ....

regards Worgeordie

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Mine certainly isn't a fake, I could buy a house in Thailand with the price of mine 🙂

sounds like a perfect chance to wear it and show desperate people who much money you have to throw away on a watch..

thanks for asking the forums gents as it seems like a difficult question to ask your self in a 3rd world country...kudos to u

9 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

sounds like a perfect chance to wear it and show desperate people who much money you have to throw away on a watch..

thanks for asking the forums gents as it seems like a difficult question to ask your self in a 3rd world country...kudos to u

I understand your envy but if you can't keep to the OP please refrain from posting. Your envy at my watch is noted

• Sad 1

Bob, I wouldn't wear the Rolex. Roleks, maybe, but not Rolex. Even the ladies in 7-11 know what they are. Three of them could gang up and beat the tar out of you. If you want understated elegance at around the same price point, wear the Audemars Piguet.

Or opt for the Piaget or Richard Mille. Not as pedestrian as a Rolex, so you'll feel better about your wealth, and no one will be the wiser.

Quiet luxury is the way old money goes about life. No logos, nothing too ostentatious. You know how much you've got; no need for anyone else to know.

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

Bob, I wouldn't wear the Rolex. Roleks, maybe, but not Rolex. Even the ladies in 7-11 know what they are. Three of them could gang up and beat the tar out of you. If you want understated elegance at around the same price point, wear the Audemars Piguet.

Or opt for the Piaget or Richard Mille. Not as pedestrian as a Rolex, so you'll feel better about your wealth, and no one will be the wiser.

Quiet luxury is the way old money goes about life. No logos, nothing too ostentatious. You know how much you've got; no need for anyone else to know.

Thanks for the homology lesson friend. 

I'm totally with you on quiet luxury; it's why I bought 8 versache shirts when I sold my business 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Thanks for the homology lesson friend. 

I'm totally with you on quiet luxury; it's why I bought 8 versache shirts when I sold my business 

It's Versace, and they are nothing special.

If you want to play the bon vivant, learn the names of real quality things. Brioni, Stefano Ricci, not big chain store, wildly marked up stuff like Versace, who goes after the nouveau riche and posseurs..

You end up coming across more of a troll than you are.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It's Versace, and they are nothing special.

If you want to play the bon vivant, learn the names of real quality things. Brioni, Stefano Ricci, not big chain store, wildly marked up stuff like Versace, who goes after the nouveau riche and posseurs..

You end up coming across more of a troll than you are.

I'll leave the shopping to the missus thanks mate.

19 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Others buy yachts or ranches in Brasil when they sell their business. You bought eight t-shirts. It must have been a small business, I guess 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Others buy yachts or ranches in Brasil when they sell their business. You bought eight t-shirts. It must have been a small business, I guess 🙂

8 shirts, a Ford Raptor, 2 investment properties in Sydney, a $900 suit and first class flights to Bangkok. 

Not a bad haul while I decide what to spend on next

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1