Which beer brand is your favourite in Thailand? Leo, Chang, Singha, etc.

42 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Its illegal to display a beer name, logo or trademark on social media so you may want to be careful. I was called out on this as a Cafe owner for the exact same thing due to a ruling from 2008.

Like every other law in Thailand, it is ignored and next-to-never enforced. Just another pointless law that allows corruption to exist within Thailand's largest criminal organisation should they choose to 'crack down' on anyone.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jimn said:

A million percent Federbrau is the best.

Tapper 6.5 is quite good. But only seems to be sold in shops, not seen it in bars.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Like every other law in Thailand, it is ignored and next-to-never enforced. Just another pointless law that allows corruption to exist within Thailand's largest criminal organisation should they choose to 'crack down' on anyone.

Thought AN was on Singapore servers?

35 minutes ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Of the bottled, cheap Thai-brewed lagers, it has to be Federbrau for me. Unfortunately, hardly any bars seem to stock it. 

It's German? 

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Heineken and Tiger is breewed on license in Thailand, so Thai local breewed beer. 

Hmm, ok - I wouldn't call it a local beer, but no big deal.

Just now, BobBKK said:

I should maybe had put this after my reply 🤔 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hummin said:

I should maybe had put this after my reply 🤔 😉

Chang is Danish beer, Carlsberg Elephant beer, Carabao is German beer produced in Thailand. 

Singha is the only Thai beer made by a Thai who studied the breewing process in Germany and Denmark. 

Meanwhile, Boonrawd toured Germany and Denmark to study the art of making beer. His dream became a reality when Boon Rawd Brewery was established on 4 August 1933, when he was 60 years old.

Source Singha archives

On 7/1/2024 at 10:43 AM, RolandRat said:

I'm exploring local beers in Thailand. Which brand is your favorite: Leo, Chang, Singha, or another? What do you recommend?

If available Draught Chang, otherwise bottled Chang or Beer Lao (light and dark). Singha and Leo upset my gut so I avoid like the plague!

I'm just having a couple of bottles of beer Lao IPA which I am finding very agreeable. 70 baht per bottle at my local expat shop (Lamai, Koh Samui).

I wish more bars/shops would stock the beer Lao range. I personally think it puts Thai beer to shame. 

I'm a Singha drinker when out and about. 

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Depends on your circumstance. I had a local report us about our Cafe. I was only warned and asked to remove the pics. Granted im small fish in a big sea but I'm just passing on valid information. Do with it what you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Dan O said:

For those that like a lite ale you may want to try Bussaba Ex-Weisse. 

Full Moon do some nice beers, I always visit the tap room when Iam down those parts.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Thought AN was on Singapore servers?

nit sure what the location of the server has to do with anything. 

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Full Moon do some nice beers, I always visit the tap room when Iam down those parts.

yes they have some decent beer. its available in stores now. they also do wine coolers but Im not into those so no idea about them 

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thai beer is horrible.

I can only drink Chang, on ice. Lots of ice .

I actually vomited last time I had a sip of Singha

What's wrong with Carabao beers, Cheers Extra, Tapper or Red Horse? Chang at 4.8% is not worth buying

I go with Chang, as I already posted in the numerous thread we already have asking the exact same thing.

If we go outside the local beers in Thailand, it would be Wiehenstephaner, Paulaner and Erdinger

1 hour ago, proton said:

What's wrong with Carabao beers, Cheers Extra, Tapper or Red Horse? Chang at 4.8% is not worth buying

I agree.  And I hate having a 'changover' after just 3 bottles. 

Prefer Carabao dark to the lager. Is Cheers Extra the one with a red label?  Can't find that in Korat,  drank that alot when I lived in Chiang Mai. 

Red Horse (Philippine beer) is good too.  Tawang Dang IPA is very tasty and only 53baht a can at local Lotus'sss. 

I'm still trying to find a decent dark Jamaican rum.  Capt Morgan too sweet.  Sangsom is rather tasteless. 

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

nit sure what the location of the server has to do with anything. 

Which law about display logos and beer ads on the forum. The forum have to follow the country where they are registered and where they rent the domain? 

On 7/2/2024 at 12:31 PM, BobBKK said:

It's locally brewed under license. It's a German recipe so tastes better than the Thai p***. At least to me anyway.

14 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Who remember the "Black Cat" ? that was the best [for Thailand]

so far - Asahi and rarely Heineken 

I actually had to look it up... 

Product of Chit Beer.  I'd buy it just for the label!