Tragic turn: Burmese father accidently runs over baby daughter

snoop1130

2012-43.jpg

A Burmese father was devastated yesterday after he accidentally ran over and killed his one year old daughter outside their home in the central province of Nakhon Pathom.

Sam Phran Hospital in Nakhon Pathom province reported the death of one year old Cherry to Sam Phran Police Station yesterday, June 30. According to the hospital, the girl’s father, a 38 year old Burmese man named Aung Thura, took the girl to the hospital but had already succumbed to her injuries.

Cherry reportedly bores serious bruises to her face and body. Her Burmese father and mother, Nyein Nyein Wai, cried inconsolably outside the hospital when police arrived.

Aung Thura reported to officers that the incident took place at their home in the Sam Phran district. His wife was washing clothes at the back of the house, while he was driving his black Toyota Fortuner SUV out of the garage. He spotted his three year old son playing in front of the house but did not see his daughter.

Aung Thura thought his daughter was with his wife, so he reversed the car out of the garage. Unfortunately, he heard neighbours shout at him, asking him to stop the vehicle and saying that he had run over his daughter.

Aung Thura immediately stopped the car and went out to see the distressing scene. The girl lay unconscious at the back of his SUV. He composed himself and rushed his daughter to the hospital but could not save her life.

Police officers investigated the vehicle and the incident scene, along with questioning the girl’s parents and witnesses. The girl’s body is undergoing an autopsy at Nakhon Pathom Hospital to confirm the cause of death.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via MGR Online

Source: The Thaiger 2024-06-29

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 8

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is so horrific...    the poor guy will be broken for the rest of his life.

For those who are going to blame him - consider how many times you reverse out of your driveway without checking under the car or just behind the rear wheels. 

Should the Mum have known where the infant was at all times ? its takes one second for an infant to crawl away as any parent knows.

A truly tragic story.

He should not have  drove his car without knowing and seeing where the baby was .

He should have checked and then double checked first .

He needs to take the blame, because he was at fault for not checking 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some outstanding sanctimonious virtue signalling that......

Almost every time either or my wife reverses out of our driveway we don't look under the car or immediately behind the wheels.... (we have a reversing camera).

So... Are you telling me that 100% of the time you get in a car and reverse out of your house, reverse out of a parking space etc... you first do a walk around of the car, check underneath, check immediately behind the wheels ??? 

Well I suggest in future that you and your wife checks under and around you car and that then, one of you watches from outside the car whilst the other reveres/drives the car out the driveway .

I constantly see people in Thailand have no idea what a dangerous situation is and seem to have the mentality of *If I am going to die I will die and there's nothing that I can do about it*

Next time YOU check the safety of your car , otherwise it could be you in the news next time 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

An interesting question over who to blame.  You could consider it a freak accident.  The mother was temporarily distracted, the baby crawled off, the father had no idea that she was directly behind his vehicle.

Should you check the path of your vehicle before reversing?  Probably.  Do people inspect under every wheel?  Probably not.  He could have walked round and seen that the path was clear, hopped up into the cab (I assume it's a stupidly impractical giant truck), played with his phone for a couple of minutes while the AC warmed up, then pulled out.

Probably everyone's to blame, or maybe no one.  Sometimes these things just happen.

• Agree 1

So you don't even drive a car...   your sanctimony extends further.

Allegation of being a liar retracted - you do not drive, so and have no idea that you'd be as complacent as everyone else is...  Your virtue signalling and sanctimony is deeper than initially thought.

So... answer this... IF you did drive... WOULD you first do a walk around of the car, check underneath the, check immediately behind the wheels etc... 100% of the time you get in a car and reverse out of your house, reverse out of a parking space etc  ??...   

Or like everyone else, would you just get in a drive ?

No mate, I would just jump in my car are drive around, couldn't care less if my baby got run over .

Just go an make another baby if that happened .

Not me that's going to die, so why should I be bothered about a baby ?

Let the baby be worried about that .

I have assimilated well into Thai life , as have you 

• Sad 1

Facetious...       you won't be tied down to a response becase you know that would force you to double down on your unrealistic position....

.... I won't call you a liar because you are refusing to answer the question which would either force a lie or force you to admit your comment was virtue signalling sanctimonious horse shyite.

He is a liar, I have the T-shirt......🤔

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Facetious...       you won't be tied down to a response becase you know that would force you to double down on your unrealistic position....

.... I won't call you a liar because you are refusing to answer the question which would either force a lie or force you to admit your comment was virtue signalling sanctimonious horse shyite.

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So... answer this... IF you did drive... WOULD you first do a walk around of the car, check underneath the, check immediately behind the wheels etc... 100% of the time you get in a car and reverse out of your house, reverse out of a parking space etc  ??...   

I would make sure that the bay and any other children are nowhere near the wheels of the car , I wouldn't just drive out hoping that the baby isn't there . Same as dogs , I keep babies well away from dogs .

Parents should 1 . Make sure that their baby isn't near the car , the parent taking care of the baby.

2 . The other Parent should make sure the baby isn't near the car when driving the car .

Both Parents are at fault , as you will be if the same things happened to you and your baby 

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats the the way I see it...   This is just a tragic accident...   and with 20:20 hindsight he'll regret not 'doing that check' for the rest of his life... but being realistic, this sort of check (under & immediately behind the car) is not something any of us carry out when we get in a car... 

So, you will not be checking under and around your car in the future?

You will continue to just drive around without making sure that there are no Children around the car ?

If you do kill a baby , what will you say to the media who interview you ?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I would make sure that the bay and any other children are nowhere near the wheels of the car , I wouldn't just drive out hoping that the baby isn't there . Same as dogs , I keep babies well away from dogs .

Parents should 1 . Make sure that their baby isn't near the car , the parent taking care of the baby.

2 . The other Parent should make sure the baby isn't near the car when driving the car .

Both Parents are at fault , as you will be if the same things happened to you and your baby 

Of course you would... 100% of the time !!...         more sanctimonious horse shyite !!

The father reversed out of the drive-way believing the mother was supervising the infant...   

There is of course fault, but this is a tragic accident...  the mother took her attention off the child for a short period, any parent knows thats all it takes... 

... look back on photos of infants who've made a mess in the pantry etc....   got hold of colouring crayons and 'done a job' on the wall paper etc... 

The tragedy here is that moment of inattention lead to this death...   I think most parents at some point have breathed a huge sigh of relief that a 'moment of intention' that could have resulted in tragedy did not.

I recall driving to a restaurant...  my sister had arrived just before me...   Suddenly my 2 year old nephew darted out from behind a parked car into the road... fortunately nothing happened...   that didn't matter my sister was beside herself so upset with 'what could have happened'...    It was just a moment of inattention... 

Any parent would recognise this - you are simply proving you have never had children either and that your sanctimony extends beyond your experience with all of your 'should have / could have' bo!!ox.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So, you will not be checking under and around your car in the future?

You will continue to just drive around without making sure that there are no Children around the car ?

If you do kill a baby , what will you say to the media who interview you ?

Of course I am cautious...

But no, I don't do a walk around my car and check what is underneath or immediately under the wheels...  neither am I likely to, this is something people just do no do every time they get in their car... 

As for the rest of your gaslighting - ignore for being a stupid and transparent point scoring tactic.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:
31 minutes ago, transam said:

That reads like you are a complete moron........:unsure:

Yes, it was sarcastic , not to be taken literally 

So you expected it to read like you are not a complete moron ???  :whistling:   :giggle:

We get that its sarcastic..  yet it was still a wholly unintelligent response !

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Any parent would recognise this - you are simply proving you have never had children either and that your sanctimony extends beyond your experience with all of your 'should have / could have' bo!!ox.. 

I do have Children though and others think that I am overly protective .

I make sure my Children are nowhere near cars when they are parked and definitely  make sure they are not under the wheels of cars about to be driven . 

But you carry on being irresponsible though , up to you 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course I am cautious...

But no, I don't do a walk around my car and check what is underneath or immediately under the wheels...  neither am I likely to, this is something people just do no do every time they get in their car... 

You are NOT cautious and you are not acting responsibly .

You drive around and just  hope for the best and hope that you don't kill babies .  

If you do ever run over a baby or Child, it will be YOUR fault , no one else's 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Please could you retract  your allegation that I am liar ?

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As for the rest of your gaslighting - ignore for being a stupid and transparent point scoring tactic.

37 minutes ago, transam said:

He is a liar, I have the T-shirt...

Can you three girls stop the bickering.

No one wants to hear it every single thread.

It is pathetic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I do have Children though and others think that I am overly protective .

I make sure my Children are nowhere near cars when they are parked and definitely  make sure they are not under the wheels of cars about to be driven . 

Given your unrealistic responses that surprises me - its nice that you are protective, we all should be. 

But there is also being realistic - and you seem unable to comprehend that a tragic accident can simply be that, a tragic accident, through miss communication or a misunderstanding.

Honest mistake on my part as a parent...  dinner with InLaws...  They both went to the bathroom at the same time, and my Son at about 3 years old for some reason wanted to go with them and 'wash his hands'...  So we let him go with his grandparents to the bathroom (about 100m away, in a community mall, but the walk to the bathroom was outdoor and near a road).

Grandfather thought he was with Grandmother, Grandmother thought he was with Grandfather... 

My son walked back to the restaurant on his own... only about 100m from the bathroom.

That was one of those situations that worst case scenario could have ended tragically... I was so livid I had to get up and leave the restaurant...     

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

But you carry on being irresponsible though , up to you 

More gas lighting... 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are NOT cautious and you are not acting responsibly .

You drive around and just  hope for the best and hope that you don't kill babies .  

If you do ever run over a baby or Child, it will be YOUR fault , no one else's 

Wow - hyperbolic gaslighting...      you seem to have no concept of reality.

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Can you three girls stop the bickering.

No one wants to hear it every single thread.

It is pathetic.

Yawn - disappear pathetic irritant...  you don't have to read the thread if you don't like the discussion.

This is a valid debate regarding parental responsibility... 

While I disagree with Nick's comments - he has as much right to voice and debate his opinion as anyone else... 

Your comment is nothing but noise...  as usual.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow - hyperbolic gaslighting...      you seem to have no concept of reality.

Why can't you check under your car for babies before you drive out ?

There really is no excuse . 

Only being lazy or inconsiderate or just nor caring at all .

*What will be will be *