Thailand Humidity

Gormo_

35 minutes ago, Gormo_ said:

Sawatdee everyone!

I'm new to Thailand and struggling to adjust to the high levels of crime and humidity. I'm from Australia, and I've experienced similar challenges in cities like Darwin and Brisbane. But Thailand seems to be a different story altogether!

How do you all handle the crime and humidity here? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Do you think the laid-back Thai culture and beautiful scenery make it all worth it?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences!

The same way to handle crime anywhere. Try not to make yourself a victim by being in places by yourself or late at night in large cities, flashing cash, wearing expensive jewelry, provoking others if they misunderstand what you're saying, treating everyone as a friend you haven't met yet, walking away from bad interactions if at all possible. Not mistreating any women you meet here. Being a cautious driver. Handling humidity is staying indoors as much as possible or moving away to a climate with four seasons. Swimming during the day to keep cooler.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gormo_ said:

Sawatdee everyone!

I'm new to Thailand and struggling to adjust to the high levels of crime and humidity. I'm from Australia, and I've experienced similar challenges in cities like Darwin and Brisbane. But Thailand seems to be a different story altogether!

How do you all handle the crime and humidity here? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Do you think the laid-back Thai culture and beautiful scenery make it all worth it?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences!

What kind of crime have you encountered while in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Ok Gormo ... I will kik this off  for ya.

The humidity is directly proportionately and exponentially totally unrelated to the crime.

The humidity is  more often an attribulative ( ? )  factor in rapid presentation of the "Troppo" syndrome.

Similar like as in altitude sickness the  best action to prevent probable death is to descend to location to south Tasmania as quick as !

No worries about the crime afta that !

Hmm interesting you say that. @Yamu and @Mekmong MICK both live in what they call “crime ridden humid <deleted>holes” so I just assumed it was the humidity that drove the locals to endless amounts of crime.

20 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No, the last 12 months have been the most humid since records began.

It is because of the fossil fuels and methane from the cows

Ha, if the cows were allowed to eat what they were meant to eat; GRASS, and not force fed grains, there would be less farting and burping from them.

Now, what to do about all the billions of farting and burping humans?????

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gormo_ said:

Hmm interesting you say that. @Yamu and @Mekmong MICK both live in what they call “crime ridden humid <deleted>holes” so I just assumed it was the humidity that drove the locals to endless amounts of crime.

Bearing in mind you are all one and the same person, are you really surprised?

20 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Pollution actually traps greenhouse gases increasing temperatures.

which causes more evaporation of waters which in turn return to earth in record amounts resulting in floods.  Then other areas become drought stricken, rivers and lakes dry up, forest fires result then when it does rain, landslides and mud floods a never ending battle.  Now with record temperatures in the south/central Atlantic, Mexico, northern S. America and the US will experience some really strong hurrricanes - i.e. a record setter for the very first one of this season.  Just look at the world news daily - i.e. The US upper central area super floods, Fla, floods, Texas floods,  too many tornadoes this year, fires in Calf and N. Mexico, "Gorilla hail" size of softballs in many states, floods in China, India, Pakistan, Kajikistan, Brazil, Peru, Kenya, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, record HEAT in US, India, PI, Thailand, France, Spain, and others.  US advising folks to buy EV to cut pollution while they advise folks to turn their A/C much higher or off as there is not enough electricity being generated by all the A/C's.  Just a few comments from the news of the last couple of days and I missed quite a bit too.

21 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No, the last 12 months have been the most humid since records began.

It is because of the fossil fuels and methane from the cows

How do you know that? Currently they cant tell you with any degree of certainty what the weather will be like tomorrow. Predicting next year is 100% guess work