When are Booze prices going to come down?

bob smith

30 minutes ago, bob smith said:

So far, after the governments announcement of reducing Tax on alcohol, I have yet to see the prices go down in the shops & restaurants.

If anything they seem to be going up!

I read that the government was introducing a 0% tax on all alcohol in an effort to spur tourism and get the punters drinking.

Seems that something, somewhere, got lost in translation yet again..

or was it all just a load of cobblers to begin with?

TIT.

bob.

I thought you were rich

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'm 78 years old, which means about 55 years of drinking. (I drastically reduced my intake about 5 years ago) I also consumed alcohol whilst living in 6 different countries and in all that time I have never, ever known booze prices to come down. So my expectations are not very high.

They will lose lots of money. 

• Like 1

Since it has become obvious that those who got rich from selling wine in Thailand will get even richer after this tax cut we have decided to cut our home consumption from two bottles a week to one bottle a month. During holidays we'll drink daily but we have shifted or focus from Thailand to neighbouring countries. 

But that's the sort of things that makes me cringe when I read about Thailand the retirement destination while it is glaring that, besides weirdo whorists, people settling here will only face frustration.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Since it has become obvious that those who got rich from selling wine in Thailand will get even richer after this tax cut we have decided to cut our home consumption from two bottles a week to one bottle a month. During holidays we'll drink daily but we have shifted or focus from Thailand to neighbouring countries. 

But that's the sort of things that makes me cringe when I read about Thailand the retirement destination while it is glaring that, besides weirdo whorists, people settling here will only face frustration.

you could always move to Israel?

bob.

35 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'm 78 years old, which means about 55 years of drinking. (I drastically reduced my intake about 5 years ago) I also consumed alcohol whilst living in 6 different countries and in all that time I have never, ever known booze prices to come down. So my expectations are not very high.

Actually, wine prices have been falling in Europe, due to the decrease in wine drinking because of studies claiming that no amount of alcohol is safe to drink. I remember reading a while back that the average price paid by Germans for table wine was $1.89. Well, we can only dream about that here.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I read that the government was introducing a 0% tax on all alcohol in an effort to spur tourism and get the punters drinking.

I am pretty sure that was something you read in one of your dreams. However, I must say, It was a pretty dream.