Democrats Turn on Biden's Inner Circle Post-Debate

Social Media

WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden has joined meetings with President Joe Biden and his top aides since his father returned to the White House from Camp David, Maryland, on Monday evening, according to four people familiar with the matter. 

The president’s son has also been talking to senior White House staff members, these people said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/hunter-biden-white-house-meetings-president-debate-rcna159975#:~:text=WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden has joined meetings with,senior White House staff members%2C these people said.

The smartest man joe knows is now his new handler.

I still think Joe should withdraw from seeking the nomination but unfortunately even if he does there is a division brewing over Harris

I had hoped she would endorse an open convention where she could compete with all other candidates for the replacement spot.

But she selfishly believes she deserves it period.

Obviously she is not the best choice to have the best chance to beat Trump.

But if she's snubbed she'll make a big stink.

Very unfortunate.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I still think Joe should withdraw from seeking the nomination but unfortunately even if he does there is a division brewing over Harris

I had hoped she would endorse an open convention where she could compete with all other candidates for the replacement spot.

But she selfishly believes she deserves it period.

Obviously she is not the best choice to have the best chance to be Trump.

Very unfortunate.

Vivek and Ted Cruz have both come out this week predicting it will be Michelle, because the Dems need a DEI box ticker to replace Kamala.  Lest they lose that all important 7% demographic...

They predict it will be announced as late as possible so she'll still be in the honeymoon phase on the day.  Or at least, to reduce the time available for the intense scrutiny that will start once it's announced.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

let her have her couple months at the helm. let her run and lose. regroup and look to 2028 for some hope at reinventing the party. i would start to focus on AOC once the dust from all of this settles. 

the democratic party is in rough shape right now. only she who we cannot mention has any hope. in fact she would cement 8 years for the dems. 

jan 2029 is all that matters now. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, impulse said:

Vivek and Ted Cruz have both come out this week predicting it will be Michelle, because the Dems need a DEI box ticker to replace Kamala.  Lest they lose that all important 7% demographic...

They predict it will be announced as late as possible so she'll still be in the honeymoon phase on the day.  Or at least, to reduce the time available for the intense scrutiny that will start once it's announced.

Vivek and Cruz both unspeakably horrible people.

42 minutes ago, stoner said:

let her have her couple months at the helm. let her run and lose. regroup and look to 2028 for some hope at reinventing the party. i would start to focus on AOC once the dust from all of this settles. 

the democratic party is in rough shape right now. only she who we cannot mention has any hope. in fact she would cement 8 years for the dems. 

jan 2029 is all that matters now. 

You don't seem to understand how this works.

Withdrawing from the nomination and resigning from the presidency are COMPLETELY SEPARATE THINGS.

I am honest enough to admit when I am wrong.

Joe is doing himself proud. He answered all the questions great just like Jill told him. I wasn't sure until then, I thought he looked crusty and senile and decrepid but Jill sure knows better than me. And what did Trump do? LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fully support Joe standing until November. Or maybe sitting. Crawling? Whatever... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think if Harris is going to get hard core about insisting she must get the spot without competition or else she will blow up the democratic party then she will prevail in that but that also means less chance that Joe withdraws from the nomination at all.

I already dislike Harris but if she does that I will hate her but still a million times better than Trump.

Edited by Jingthing

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think if Harris is going to get hard core about insisting she must get the spot without competition or else she will blow up the democratic party then she will prevail in that but that also means less chance that Joe withdraws from the nomination at all.

I already dislike Harris but if she does that I will hate her but still a million times better than Trump.

Either Newsom or Whitmer would be strong alternatives; I don’t know enough about the others who have been mentioned to say. But I’m more positive than you about Harris; I think she is more than capable (not sure why she’s gotten such a bad rap), and if she’s passed over I don’t think she would blow up the party.

However, if indeed she’s passed over, it seems likely there would be strong backlash from African American voters, given the perception that the “heir apparent” who happens to be a Black-identifying woman would thus be passed over for someone who’s white. Race politics, unfortunately, is alive and well, and it’s a factor to some extent on both sides. I think Harris could beat Trump -- she’s a prosecutor by trade and would make his head explode in a debate. Someone else mentioned Michelle Obama; I don’t think she’s interested. And while I’d love for a true progressive (like AOC) to head the ticket, the reality is, at least in 2024, a majority of Americans won’t vote for that. Maybe in ten years.

18 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Either Newsom or Whitmer would be strong alternatives; I don’t know enough about the others who have been mentioned to say. But I’m more positive than you about Harris; I think she is more than capable (not sure why she’s gotten such a bad rap), and if she’s passed over I don’t think she would blow up the party.

However, if indeed she’s passed over, it seems likely there would be strong backlash from African American voters, given the perception that the “heir apparent” who happens to be a Black-identifying woman would thus be passed over for someone who’s white. Race politics, unfortunately, is alive and well, and it’s a factor to some extent on both sides. I think Harris could beat Trump -- she’s a prosecutor by trade and would make his head explode in a debate. Someone else mentioned Michelle Obama; I don’t think she’s interested. And while I’d love for a true progressive (like AOC) to head the ticket, the reality is, at least in 2024, a majority of Americans won’t vote for that. Maybe in ten years.

Well, I think she has a better chance than Biden to beat Trump.

Her ideology is fine but her performance has been quite poor.

I'm saying that in the context that I think Joe Biden has been one of the best presidents of the modern era. (But he has aged out.)

But if Biden is going to step down, why not go for much better? Yeah, Whitmer.

Yes obviously the race politics is a problem if Harris were to make a stink.

I would respect her much more if she realizes there is no logical reason for her to be coronated for the nomination. If it was an open competition, she'd have a fair shot, but it's really selfish of her to demand more than that.

Country before your own ego, is that too much to ask? 

Yeah, AOC, no flippin' way.

Michelle is definitely not interested. 

I've soured on Newsom. California baggage is bad and Whitmer would bring in the Midwest. But better than Harris.

Andy Beshear and Josh Shapiro are both interesting but low name recognition.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, stoner said:

the landscape of american politics changed forever. the damage is almost irreversible. the only option isn't even an option. 

you will see in a few months. some of us were right about biden and we are right about the election.

disclaimer.....i am still not a trump fan or supporter. 

At least you’re honest!

many thanks from someone who wants the WH back from the clutches of an administration in chaos!

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden has joined meetings with President Joe Biden and his top aides since his father returned to the White House from Camp David, Maryland, on Monday evening, according to four people familiar with the matter. 

The president’s son has also been talking to senior White House staff members, these people said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/hunter-biden-white-house-meetings-president-debate-rcna159975#:~:text=WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden has joined meetings with,senior White House staff members%2C these people said.

The smartest man joe knows is now his new handler.

I refuse to use the appropriate emoji!

Presidency in peril ! Presidency in chaos!

Presidency brought to you by Looney Tunes and the Laptop from hell indirectly.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Well gaslighting was only going to take them so far. 

It was a huge mistake, as well as deeply dishonest. 

“Huge mistake , deeply dishonest” !

Lets get it all out in the open.

Dem party went DEI woke open borders radical! And to protect their radical agenda they imposed lawfare

to silence the opposition party.

there i said it !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You don't seem to understand how this works.

Withdrawing from the nomination and resigning from the presidency are COMPLETELY SEPARATE THINGS.

you don't seem to understand what i was getting at. hypothetically if joe didn't make the next couple months she steps in. now revert back to my comment. 

1 hour ago, riclag said:

At least you’re honest!

many thanks from someone who wants the WH back from the clutches of an administration in chaos!

big corp has a grip on the us government. special interest etc. its all there right out in the open no conspiracy.

what can save it all though ? how do you fix the juggernaut that is. 

1 hour ago, stoner said:

big corp has a grip on the us government. special interest etc. its all there right out in the open no conspiracy.

what can save it all though ? how do you fix the juggernaut that is. 

What do I know , I’m just a retired business man , livin large in Thailand .

My guess is ,Recognize the problem ,then start with the biggest ,big corp machine , the media . Sounds stupid , doesn’t it! They are constitutionally protected and congress can’t pass laws to hinder it!

The corporate media companies have become hoes for the progressives  imop.

The media can’t face its own corporate corruption .
Our political press is simply deluding itself if it believes that ownership has no fundamental influence over the content it produces.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-media-cant-face-its-own-corporate-corruption/

22 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

What on earth are you talking about. Every politician, from the president on down to the lowest county official, has a “team,” or perhaps “staff,” of aides whom that politician hires to help them do their job. If you think that this simple and necessary administrative arrangement is somehow a “threat to democracy,” you’re pretty far down the wrong rabbit hole.

If you’re looking for actual threats to democracy, you should read the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025, which aggregates an unprecedented amount of raw power behind the person of the president. If this agenda were adopted by a Republican or other reactionary president, and together with yesterday’s court ruling on presidential immunity, these new tools would quickly enable the establishment of an authoritarian state. If this is what you intend to vote for, may I suggest that you first go spend some time in Russia, or Afghanistan, or unliberated Burma, to see how it suits you.

But every president until now was mentally fit and "the team" was in support... now "the team" is in charge with no cognizant leadership.

Try to understand... this ruling merely furthered the concept of division of power... joe and his cabal were using the Congress to go after a former president... the supreme court ruled that they couldn't do that... the supreme court in no way gave any authority for any president to "establish an authoritarian state"... you are way out of focus.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

I can't believe he got security clearance.

I can’t believe trump is allowed to be given security briefs after what he’s done to our national security!as far as hunter being there for his dad what did you expect a trump /Melina  type of family support?

1 hour ago, stoner said:

you don't say. 

OK now I see that the right wing media bubble is pushing the idea that Biden will actually resign before the convention, making Harris the president, giving her a clean convention, a chance to pick an exciting VP, and a short incumbency.

I still don't think so, but in this case I won't call this a conspiracy theory.

Why?

It would be a great idea in terms of helping Harris and the democractic party win.

But Biden is such a proud, stubborn man, I just don't see him being able to bury his ego to that extent. 

However, if its going to be Harris, that would be the best way to do it.

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

When the dems cooked the primary they made Kamala a Siamese twin of joe. It is hard to unbundle the stupid now. Of course she is a youthful, articulate, energizing, political pillar. She was picked based on merit so deserves here place on the bus.

Just ask Willie Brown she was sharp as a tack when nobody was watching. 

Edited by Cryingdick

28 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

When the dems cooked the primary they made Kamala a Siamese twin of joe. It is hard to unbundle the stupid now. Of course she is a youthful, articulate, energizing, political pillar. She was picked based on merit so deserves here place on the bus.

Just ask Willie Brown she was sharp as a tack when nobody was watching. 

It's the job of VPs to be yes people of their president.

I don't fault her for that.

It's just that she was given some assignments and didn't perform and also the ugly truth is that people just don't like her.

Outside of California, nobody knows Willie Brown.

But running against Trump, she would have the chance to become her own woman, she is capable of charismatic speeches, and she is certainly younger than both Biden and Trump!

Also, as the democratic party bench is so strong (much better choices than Harris) she'll also have the chance to pick a very appealing VP).

Edited by Jingthing

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But Biden is such a proud, stubborn man, I just don't see him being able to bury his ego to that extent. 

However, if its going to be Harris, that would be the best way to do it.

he becomes the villain the longer he stays. she gets the warchest. only she has access to it. otherwise its all inaccessible. she still can't beat trump though. being tied in any way to joe is toxic now. she isn't exactly popular either. very low approval rating. 

i have said what i believe is the only way the dems can win. call it what you want but you know i have been saying it for a while now. even before the debate.