Labour Set to Win General Election Landslide, Exit Poll Indicates

5 hours ago, retarius said:

Brits are whiners. Bet the pages here are filled with Labour hating comments within 2 years.

And yet here you are complaining and being a whiner, you think that the yanks could do better, Jeez look at your choices.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Stands to reason that the more ridiculous the result of FPTP, the more vocal I am.

This is absolutely nuts.

4 seats vs 71 when you got 500,000 more votes. Ludicrous 😃

image.png.3ca411a1cf2a71ad83bbc6b14ade104f.png

You either believe in FPTP or you don't. Which is it?

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Since their leader appears to be unable to define men and women, I look forward to them defining "working people".

Of course taxes are going to rise, on everybody and everything!

"Of course taxes are going to rise, on everybody and everything!"  This "Sir" whoever his name is has said that Labour pledged not to raise taxes on the working people.

Who does that remind you of? Oh yes! The Thai soldier who said in 2014 "there will not be a coup." Then ruled the country for 9 years. Politicians and so called Politicians????????????

26 minutes ago, James105 said:

The fact that individual nations cannot achieve real growth when following the globalist agendas of Net Zero and mass immigration.  

How does an individual nation thrive then?

40 minutes ago, RayC said:

It's petty political internal adversaries have to suck up to the background financiers with better argument for a shot at pretending to  rule the roost than any other !

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, retarius said:

Brits are whiners. Bet the pages here are filled with Labour hating comments within 2 years.

"whiner" is a derogatory word used about people who aren't afraid to complain and have an opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I half an hour ago spoke with a friend in the UK, a normal Tory voter who has this time voted Labour.

His key remark was ‘I just want an end to the chaos’.

I stopped believing when you said "friend". 555

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

However smaller parties have been more successful than usual - sad to see the return of the "Mosely-ites" to parliament. Sme problem as US and EU.

Let's hope they set about returning freedom of movement and single market.

Edited by kwilco
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

I'd suggest it starts with some fairly basic maths.  How much does net zero cost and considering it is just a way of exporting emissions to another country what is the benefit?    

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, James105 said:

I'd suggest it starts with some fairly basic maths.  How much does net zero cost and considering it is just a way of exporting emissions to another country what is the benefit?    

I agree that the cost of net zero should be estimated, although that that calculation will involve a lot more complexity than some basic maths.

Notwithstanding that, in your original post you seemed to reject "globalism"*? How can the UK thrive if it does?

* Tbh I am never sure what people mean when they reject "globalism/ globalisation"? What is the alternative? Acting in isolation? Imo that is both undesirable and impractical.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

And the cost of pollution?

5 hours ago, James105 said:

Sadly only simpletons and the gullible think the maths is simple

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Really happy for Farage. A great example of how hard work and persistence finally pays off.

He finally got to be an MP. Eighth attempt? After 4 years of Labour woke inept nonsense he might even be PM when all the Tories defect and the public realize their grave mistake. What a story that would be.

A welcome addition to the house. Finally some diversity of opinion. Some truth. Some balls. Some common sense. 

Several million votes. Nice one Nige.

Oswald Mosley would be proud of you.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I feel I’m talking to a TEFL practitioner, all hung up on semantics.

perhaps you should - then you'd know what semantics mean

7 hours ago, RayC said:

You either believe in FPTP or you don't. Which is it?

LIb Dems were the ones who had the referendum of PR - the irony of having a referendum was lost on them.

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Really happy for Farage. A great example of how hard work and persistence finally pays off.

He finally got to be an MP. Eighth attempt? After 4 years of Labour woke inept nonsense he might even be PM when all the Tories defect and the public realize their grave mistake. What a story that would be.

A welcome addition to the house. Finally some diversity of opinion. Some truth. Some balls. Some common sense. 

Several million votes. Nice one Nige.

Common sense like his over the top championing of Liz Truss' disastrous budget that nearly took down the UK economy? How about all the fantastical benefits he touted that would come with Brexit? Eight years after the vote a lowly 31% of the UK population think it was a good decision. Nige was strutting around last night like a peacock stating that his party is now the real opposition. Truth is Reform captured four measly seats putting them in a tie for sixth amongst parties now in Westminster. The only relevance he has is with the right wing media who before and after the election acted like his party won north of 300 seats. If anyone is up for a good laugh check out what Jonathan Pie has to say about this clown and the disingenuous media on YouTube. 

• Agree 2