Labour UK

Just think....a new cabinet....anchored by decent people Rayner, Reeves and Starmer. I feel the honeymoon will be short lived though....and in any change there are winners and losers. To date in history the poor have always lost except for a spell after the war and during Harold Wilson's tenure....what I am sad about is 'growth' and pursuing growth as an objective. Governments used to have as their objective 'full employment' but Thatcher changed the objective to the never ending obsession of GDP growth....why? Well here's the secret....all of the profits from GDP growth go into the few obscenely wealthy member of the elite. They pay no taxes and threaten to leave any time reasonable changes are made to the tax code. The change that is needed is to get back good and decent lives of ordinary humans as the objective of government. The feral wealthy can fend for themselves. What Britain needs to do is to say no to child hunger; say no to homelessness; say no to public service cuts for disabled people and the elderly; and say yes for tax increases for businesses and the wealthy. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

Well here's the secret....all of the profits from GDP growth go into the few obscenely wealthy member of the elite. They pay no taxes and threaten to leave any time reasonable changes are made to the tax code.

What are the names of those people ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I see Rees-Mogg lost his seat. Oh dear! I am so sad.

And Liz Ms Trust. Ha ha.

Edited by mfd101
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, sungod said:

But you get Farage as a trade off

Farage is more interesting & amusing. And at least he's part of the C21st.

R-M is just a ridiculous anachronism.

Please ! Please !

Can I ask respectfully on here that in the future years none of you "British " people ( and usually I use the word "Poms" but apparently thats now offensive and you don't want to be known as that)

Please...don't whinge & complaint about immigration to your Country!!!

You voted them in ...and then act like you didn't know ....."oh I didn't know that Guvnor " you say with a confused look on your face 😮 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

On 7/5/2024 at 1:43 PM, retarius said:

their objective 'full employment' but Thatcher changed the objective to the never ending obsession of GDP growth....why? Well here's the secret....all of the profits from GDP growth go into the few obscenely wealthy member of the xxx

That's not quite right: Every govt wherever in the world needs a growth to pay back loans and interest rates.

As long economy is blooming nobody is complaining. However, with a downturn of economy and no growth but recession every govt will have to cut expenses or rise taxes. It's easy to understand I hope?😳

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

However, with a downturn of economy and no growth but recession every govt will have to cut expenses or rise taxes.

And what government anywhere in the world actually ever 'cut expenses' (ie reduced the budget for the next year to less than available revenue and stuck to it)?

Hasn't happened in living memory. Too hard. The squeals - ignorant & hypocritical - from the great unwashed (previously complaining about their taxes) would be more than any politician could bear.

Edited by mfd101

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

And what government anywhere in the world actually ever 'cut expenses' (ie reduced the budget for the next year to less than available revenue and stuck to it)?

Hasn't happened in living memory. Too hard. The squeals - ignorant & hypocritical - from the great unwashed (previously complaining about their taxes) would be more than any politician could bear.

UK many EU countries

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 11:41 AM, JonnyF said:

So do most people who hate Britain. 

Well....these people are not the brightest...and they may sound prejudice...they whinge & complain every where you go about immigration to their country then....wait for it....wait for it..

...Vote the political parties in that support immigration !!;😂

I remember I was sitting at a bookshop cafe in Pattaya listening to several "poms" raving on about how their Country is destroyed by immigration only to comment later that the "Tommy" political guy was a halfwit and they wouldn't be voting for him !

They going to vote Greens , very intelligent 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

On 7/5/2024 at 1:43 PM, retarius said:

all of the profits from GDP growth go into the few obscenely wealthy member of the elite.

A post which began sensibly enough and then descended into nonsense.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well....these people are not the brightest...and they may sound prejudice...they whinge & complain every where you go about immigration to their country then....wait for it....wait for it..

...Vote the political parties in that support immigration !!;😂

I remember I was sitting at a bookshop cafe in Pattaya listening to several "poms" raving on about how their Country is destroyed by immigration only to comment later that the "Tommy" political guy was a halfwit and they wouldn't be voting for him !

They going to vote Greens , very intelligent 

You can experience the same thing from your countrymen soon enough Bruce. 

The Aussies always copy our biggest mistakes, in fact you've started already if my last trip to Sydney was anything to go by. I hope you enjoy the cultural enrichment as much as we have. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

You can experience the same thing from your countrymen soon enough Bruce. 

The Aussies always copy our biggest mistakes, in fact you've started already if my last trip to Sydney was anything to go by. I hope you enjoy the cultural enrichment as much as we have. 

We must support the cultural enrichment of the globe .

Having said that ,as a apartment owner and Landlord in Australia,more immigration= higher rents , and higher sales.

All the Woke Uni students have to move out of the inner city 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, James105 said:

People who typically support immigration are those that are unaffected by the consequences of it.   Labour have promised (although not in manifesto) an equal distribution of the illegal immigrants around the country so everyone has to take their "fair share".   So those who are currently unaffected by it will have to face up to the prospect of large groups of men hanging around their previously white neighborhoods.   The level of "voter regret" from the 20% of the electorate that did vote for labour will be off the charts before long, especially when they also release thousands of convicted prisoners (again not in manifesto) early from their sentences as they are suggesting they will do.   

Weird how these things that were not included in their manifesto come up just days after being elected.   

Ah very true ...big rich factory owners and farmers want immigration for low paid workers 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, James105 said:

The level of "voter regret" from the 20% of the electorate that did vote for labour will be off the charts before long, especially when they also release thousands of convicted prisoners (again not in manifesto) early from their sentences as they are suggesting they will do.   

Weird how these things that were not included in their manifesto come up just days after being elected. 

Wrong.

This is a policy started by the (right wing) Tory party (last October) and Starmer was on record before the election stating he had little option but to continue the policy as the prison system, neglected by said Tory party, is falling apart.

The Prison Governor's Association has stated that it is only going to be a matter of days before prisons run out of space.

Before anyone froths at the mouth about a BBC link, the first confirms this was reported on before the election, the second confirms the Prison Governor's Association remarks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cj50rzlmze7o

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c16jpkzz9g3o

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

Wrong.

This is a policy started by the (right wing) Tory party (last October) and Starmer was on record before the election stating he had little option but to continue the policy as the prison system, neglected by said Tory party, is falling apart.

The Prison Governor's Association has stated that it is only going to be a matter of days before prisons run out of space.

Before anyone froths at the mouth about a BBC link, the first confirms this was reported on before the election, the second confirms the Prison Governor's Association remarks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cj50rzlmze7o

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c16jpkzz9g3o

Both tories and labour are clowns and it is no surprise they share the same polices as there is no difference between them.   There is a very simple solution for not enough prison spaces as most prisoners are allocated a single person cell in the UK.  Prisoner comfort should not be a high priority and if they don't like it they can always make better life choices when they are released, preferably after serving their full sentence.

It's weird how as the levels of immigration have massively increased we start running out of prison spaces though.   Must be a coincidence I guess.     

image.png.301d8ada1b8b7601a95813bc348ca531.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Both tories and labour are clowns and it is no surprise they share the same polices as there is no difference between them.

You twice criticised the Labour Party for not including the release of prisoners in their manifesto. It was not in the Labour manifesto because it was a Tory Policy. If you think they are both clowns that is fine and I won't argue the point, but when you go on about a Tory Policy not being in the Labour manifesto it only looks like criticism driven by agenda.

Yes, immigration is an issue. It has been net positive since 1994 (Tory government), increasing for a further 13 years (Labour), continuing positively for the next 10 years (Tory) and rising sharply afterwards the last 4 years (Tory) - (save for 2020 for obvious reasons).

I assume you will hold both 'clowns' responsible in your ensuing critiques.

(10% of the prison population of England and Wales is of foreign nationals. I have no idea how this rates historically, though I assume it follows the general trajectory. I am surprised though that every prisoner is allocated a single cell, as I have read countless reports of prisons being overcrowded, but I'll take your word for it).

• Thumbs Up 1

torys are planning to make an ethnic woman  the next leader which will Finnish torys for good and easier for reform to get into power ,they came second in 69 seats  so nigel farage will be pM in 2029

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, James105 said:

Both tories and labour are clowns and it is no surprise they share the same polices as there is no difference between them.   There is a very simple solution for not enough prison spaces as most prisoners are allocated a single person cell in the UK.  Prisoner comfort should not be a high priority and if they don't like it they can always make better life choices when they are released, preferably after serving their full sentence.

It's weird how as the levels of immigration have massively increased we start running out of prison spaces though.   Must be a coincidence I guess.     

image.png.301d8ada1b8b7601a95813bc348ca531.png

You must have "private prisons" in the UK then??

Good point 

Now when Labor have a change to bring Brits back to EU why don't they do so?

I don't know many Brits but a few I know would like do so.

There are tens of thousands in Spain alone who can't enjoy their vacation homes until that happens.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Now when Labor have a change to bring Brits back to EU why don't they do so?

I don't know many Brits but a few I know would like do so.

There are tens of thousands in Spain alone who can't enjoy their vacation homes until that happens.

Because its A  ONCE IN A GENERATION REFRENDUM ,

• Like 1