What sort of documents do you get to show custody after divorce?

Posted (edited)

Mate of mine just been through the ringer divorce, child custody etc. Did the court thing 3 months ago and he says he got full custody of the kids. He went and finalized the divorce yesterday. Too date he reckons he hasn't got anything showing he has full custody of the kids...a court order etc and he seems to feel like the lawyer is stalling him. I would have thought it would be notarized on the divorce papers. Just trying to help him out as hes taking care of two small toddlers on his own and a bit frazzled by it all. They did the divorce and custody thing all on the same day at court

What is the procedure after the court judgement / divorce?

What would he normally get to prove custody and what is the usual timeline after the court appearance?

Is it a separate piece of paper or is it shown on the divorce papers?

If the custody order / judgement is a separate piece of paper, after receiving it does he need to lodge it and have it stamped at the amphur?

(When I did a paternity thing through court I had to then lodge the papers and have them stamped at the Amphur)

Appreciate any help

Edited by Kenny202

When I was awarded full Parental Powers by the court it was a separate hearing. 

My divorce was done years latter.

There are different documents for the custody and the divorce settlement

After the judge found in my favor we went to the admin office and they said the official papers would be ready in a week, or pay 2,000 baht for express same day service.

I paid the money and they were ready in about an hour.

They print them and give the official stamp at this office, nothing to register anywhere else

Below is the header of my Thai copy of the custody papers

image.png.665f1009021c94d03cc116f21e953a1e.png

Thanks for that. They have been mucking him around. After a month he inquired as to where the custody papers were, lawyer came back to him said he needed to provide a translated copy of his passport. He did that and now 2 months later she's still fobbing him. Keeps saying she will check it out. Did you have to register the custody court order with the Amphur?

I didn't have to show a translated copy of my passport.

No registry with the Amphur either.

I moved out of Thailand in 21 and the immigration officer took about 45 min to scrutinize and take photos of my custody papers, so I assume they are bullet proof

If I was him I would go to the court office where he was granted custody and ask them for the papers, or the status of the case

You don't need a lawyer for that, but take a translator

He would of got the divorce certificate from the Amphur office, I did. 

The custody papers should come from the office at the courthouse.

That was my experience.