Answering my front door stark naked.

24 minutes ago, bob smith said:

why is it pathetic?

what is the qualitative difference between me opening my door to a private residence naked, and a young girl dancing up on the pole who is also naked?

at least I'm not doing it for money! (which is definitely illegal in Thailand)..

bob.

Did you miss the information of the brown envelope?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

No, there are people with a job here too.

In the minds of the locals they are all still foreigners, which means they are all still perceived as tourists.

Foreigners who have been in Thailand for 5-10 years often think they have assimilated and are now a local rather than a tourist.

It's not until you're in Thailand for over 30 years that you realize that you are no more local than the day you arrived. Enjoy it though. It's what makes living in Thailand as a foreigner so much fun. 🤩 

Just now, Tidal wave said:

In a more interesting post I connected my new drain cleaning attachment to my Bosch pressure washer and looked at it. 

Any leaks?

4 hours ago, sipi said:

I never answer the door unless I'm dressed in my tailor made bespoke tuxedo with matching fur felt melusine top hat and Louise Vuitton Varenne Richelieu leather shoes.

image.png.aee34d85d5948cac8c0702d6a3b5e595.png

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

what constitutes private then??

if I am naked inside my own house with the curtains open and people can see in, is that private?

bob.

Bob... You are not that stupid... 

When opening the door you have made a conscious decision to expose yourself to the public world outside - you are no longer 'in private'....  

If you wanted 'continued privacy' then don't answer the door no matter how many times the door bell is wrung, regardless of how impolite or wrong they were for 'repeatedly ringing the door bell'.

You have knowingly exposed yourself to those 'in public'....  whether you were on your own private property is irrelevant. 

Its the same for someone being naked in their house with the curtains open while every can see walking past the front of their house - that is still indecent exposure regardless of them being within their private residence. 

Its the same as someone sunbathing naked in the privacy of their back-garden when the neighbours house overlooks the garden - while a private property, privacy is not ensured, thus the area is no long 'private' - thus being naked is also 'indecent exposure'.

In short, behaving in a certain manner just because you are within the confines (borders) of your property does not mean that the those borders either legally or morally protect you from your actions within those confines / borders - examples of this are both visual and audible... 

You cannot do what you like on your own property when others outside of the property line can be impacted - to think you can without understanding why highlights a certain unintelligent bloodymindedness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

what constitutes private then??

if I am naked inside my own house with the curtains open and people can see in, is that private?

bob.

No thats not private. 

In much the same way, playing loud music that is audible beyond the confines of your property is also not 'private'... 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RSD1 said:

You are definitely allowed to be naked in your own house. But if you were to stand naked in your front doorway, your driveway, in a window or on a balcony then that would likely be considered indecent public exposure. But in your case it's a very small matter anyway so you would probably be given a pass. What's a couple of millimeters between friends anyway, right?

A clitoris ? 

That great band leader, composer, wit and ladies' man, Duke Ellington, once answered his hotel door bell stark naked except for a big welcoming smile on his face.

He was obviously expecting somebody other than the male journalist who was standing nervously outside the great man's door.

Duke registered surprise but the smile hardly slipped as he said: "Oh, dear. It appears that my charisma is showing."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Reminded me of the fat Germans you used to see In Spain on the beach or reserving their space by the pool with a towel

How did you know they were Germans?

1 hour ago, RSD1 said:

In the minds of the locals they are all still foreigners, which means they are all still perceived as tourists.

Foreigners who have been in Thailand for 5-10 years often think they have assimilated and are now a local rather than a tourist.

It's not until you're in Thailand for over 30 years that you realize that you are no more local than the day you arrived. Enjoy it though. It's what makes living in Thailand as a foreigner so much fun. 🤩 

A foreigner is not the same as a tourist.

I am married with a Thai, have 2 kids, work here, speak the language and have quite a few Thai friends who don't see me as a tourist.

I came here first over 40 years ago, looks like more of a problem for you and others who keep themselves isolated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I usually answer naked with an erection.  If it bothers someone next time call first.

agree mate.

in my case the gate was closed, curtains were drawn and the bell was ignored 4 times.

I got up out of frustration and the juristic goon got an eye full!

basically, he got what he deserved.

if he would’ve just given up after the 2nd ring..

bob.

Edited by bob smith

29 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

A foreigner is not the same as a tourist.

I am married with a Thai, have 2 kids, work here, speak the language and have quite a few Thai friends who don't see me as a tourist.

I came here first over 40 years ago, looks like more of a problem for you and others who keep themselves isolated.

You are fooling yourself.