Lazada experience

hi

after many years of shopping at Lazada they suddenly closed my account with no explanation,

Have spent hours to find an E-Mail address for customer service but their website makes it impossible to find one.

I had used them for years and would like to know what is going on,

anyone else had this experience?

rgds

thaisabai

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, thaisabai said:

hi

after many years of shopping at Lazada they suddenly closed my account with no explanation,

Have spent hours to find an E-Mail address for customer service but their website makes it impossible to find one.

rgds

thaisabai

Today i went to make a purchase on Lazada, and i also have been informed my account has been closed. Tried to call customer service  and just being kept on hold to wait but gave up 

My account has been closed too, I placed orders last week OK but on Saturday morning the account was closed. I suspect some IT problem, or perhaps a policy change if only falang accounts are affected. Ridiculous that their customer care hotline is only open M-F and there's no online chat support. 

19 hours ago, thaisabai said:

hi

rgds

thaisabai

Same. Called them. They told me that it was closed for many reasons, like I cancelled many orders, demanded many refunds, etc. etc. Wouldn't elaborate and the excuse was all BS anyway as none of that actually happened except one where I was sold a fake and sent it back together with evidence.

They closed it just in time for me to be unable to complain about the broken product a Chinese seller sent me, as I can't login to actually do anything about it. Not terribly much but about 7500 baht, which is unfortunate.

The lady on the phone with Filipino accent has promised me that she would check what's wrong and try to reopen it within 72 hours, and send me information about it to my registered email address. So far - nothing, 4 days later.

I thought it could be someone breaking into it, but I can't see any orders made in email box, nor any charges on the card, nor any OTP requests, so it's not that. And I only used their website, not their mobile app.

Interesting to see I'm not the only one.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Last week I order something and paid with debit card, 15 minutes later I realised it was the wrong item and cancelled the order, this was last Tuesday.
Got notification that the cancellation was accepted and my money was refunded, but till today, Monday, haven't seen anything in my account.

Edited by Peterphuket

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Last week I order something and paid with debit card, 15 minutes later I realised it was the wrong item and cancelled the order, this was last Tuesday.

It will come in time. so don't panic. :jap:

Edited by rocketboy2
  • Thanks 1

So I just got my account reopened. To do that I had to install Lazada app on the phone and login to it. That told me account was frozen. I followed steps (which included sending out a confirmation SMS with link to click on) and there click on approve (it's in Thai, click the left one). Once that was done, I was asked to confirm with fingerprint scan on the phone, before I was allowed to login again.

Lazada support could have mentioned that you must use phone app for identity verification.

But now the other thing - read the app permissions before you download it. Read my entire photo and video library, listen to my microphone, get entire call and message history, read messages inside all other apps, ... Immediately revoked all its permissions, and I think I'll be deleting it as well.

The steps were listed by @bamnutsak in the other thread referenced above. 🙏

• Thumbs Up 1

Finger print ?

WEF took over Lazada ?

That 's what it will be like when your CBDC's get rejected because you already bought too much.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FlorC said:

Another thread about it here :

I am getting the same screen as above (acct has been closed).

tried to contact them 3 times (3 x 20 minutes using my phone) balance. 

guess I give up and start using shopee !!!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thaisabai said:

As said - you need to download mobile app, then login to it. App is in Thai so if you need it in English, you will need to go to account, last icon at the bottom, and you'll notice a settings icon top right. tap on it, and you'll see Thai flag - that's country - leave it on Thailand. Just below the flag you have language - tap on that and choose English.

Now that you're done, try to login with your phone number or email and password...

You'll get a screen that your account is frozen with a button - Follow steps to fix. Tap on that. It'll give you option to send email out or SMS. I chose SMS (but I wish I did email as link worked on computer immediately but not on phone) and you're given 5 min to click on that link. There's just a standard information on which device is requesting access, and Approve (left) button. Once you approve it, screen on the app will change back to home page without being logged in. Now try to login again. Once that's successful, login back on your PC.

• Thanks 1

Not all of us have a phone.

I can ask a SMS confirmation number from my cleaning lady , but ask her to install the lazada app and all those things to do while it scans her phone , is impossible.

32 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

Ha, ha, I recently quit SHOPEE because of the poor service and of refusing to take an item back, now I am only tied to Lazada.
But with lazade, you can still make contact by phone anyway and speak to an employee, that is not the case with Shopee.

7 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

But with lazade, you can still make contact by phone anyway and speak to an employee, that is not the case with Shopee.

Yes you can, spoke to Shopee on the phone this morning

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

And this explains what an idiot you are and why you can't even use an internet based service

image.png.db542473155090b818f7845f67ec70e8.png

Yes, it was me who give that sign because I'm very surprised.

It was 2 weeks ago I had that problem, mentioned above, with much effort a phone number can be found but only with referrals. after many attempts I gave up and then a Thai family member made an attempt with no positive result.
had returned the product with a form sent by Shopee but got it sent again within a couple of days, afin it's a long story but it's not solved.
For them the problem is solved but not for me.

Edited by Peterphuket

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Mmmmm....just ordered a submarine to see of my account is still active.....order went through no problem.

Did you purchase COD?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Got notification that the cancellation was accepted and my money was refunded, but till today, Monday, haven't seen anything in my account.

That's because it usually takes UP To 45 Days to Credit Your Account......NOT Soft @Lazada OnlineMaLL They DO Love a Bit of Interest !!