METV validity question

Just got my first METV from London. Very simple application, no financials, approved within 24hrs. I understand the valid until date which is 3 Jan but lets say I enter Thailand 1st Aug what is the date I can re enter for the last time? 3 Jan or six months from 1st Aug?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

3 Jan or six months from 1st Aug?

Enter prior to Jan 3 to obtain another 60 day stamp.

That 60 day permit can be extended by a further 30 days at local immigration office 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

What is the date I can re enter for the last time?

The METV is a visa valid for entry for 6 months from the date it's issued. SO to max out your time on it, you get it as close to when you're comin' here as you can, because it starts burning its validity down from the second they emailed you the PDF file 🙂

That visa allows unlimited entries of 60 days each during the validity

So if your METV says "valid until" and has a date of the 3rd of Jan 2025 as long as you enter on that date you'd still get stamped in for 60 days (and could take the 30 day extension on that entry for 1900baht too)

13 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

The METV is a visa valid for entry for 6 months from the date it's issued. SO to max out your time on it, you get it as close to when you're comin' here as you can, because it starts burning its validity down from the second they emailed you the PDF file 🙂

That visa allows unlimited entries of 60 days each during the validity

So if your METV says "valid until" and has a date of the 3rd of Jan 2025 as long as you enter on that date you'd still get stamped in for 60 days (and could take the 30 day extension on that entry for 1900baht too)

Thanks, I have had loads of SETVs but this is my first METV and I have applied a couple of weeks early (my bad) I am entering Thailand in  a months time, flying around a bit then spending the month of January in Vietnam before re entering for the last time. Obviously this last entry will need to be visa exempt. Fingers crossed the fact that I will have been out of Thailand for a month and flying in to CNX will work for me. Will have 20k, onward flight and hotel reservation just in case. 

11 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I am entering Thailand in  a months time, flying around a bit then spending the month of January in Vietnam before re entering for the last time. Obviously this last entry will need to be visa exempt

I'm missing something with your dates. 

You are saying that your entry from Vietnam past Jan 3 hence need to enter visa exempt? 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm missing something with your dates. 

You are saying that your entry from Vietnam past Jan 3

Yes, my entry from Vietnam to Thailand will be end Jan. Sorry if I wasn't clear

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Yes, my entry from Vietnam to Thailand will be end Jan. Sorry if I wasn't clear

well get as much time as you can out of the visa then  (I know it's pricy, in the US it's 200USD) 
AND
You be real careful comin' back in to thailand visa exempt after being here a bunch of time on an METV especially if you're flying in to DMK or BKK

Safe travels

Edited by Tod Daniels

6 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

well get as much time as you can out of the visa then  (I know it's pricy, in the US it's 200USD) 
AND
You be real careful comin' back in to thailand visa exempt after being here a bunch of time on an METV especially if you're flying in to DMK or BKK

Safe travels

Annoying making a schoolboy error like that especially as this is my last tourist visa, I can get a non imm O next year. Will be flying from Vietnam to CNX visa exempt with 20k cash, onward flight and hotel reservation so fingers crossed

9 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Will be flying from Vietnam to CNX visa exempt

should be fine, at this time there are no confirmed denial of entries from CNX since the country re-opened after covid. AND people with sketchy entry/stay histories fly thru there as it's a soft touch airport 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I can get a non imm O next year

Be aware that if the non O is based on retirement to obtain 12 month extension using income method, you would need to show 12 monthly transfers. 

• Thanks 1