Bangkok Redlight Nightlife Empty??

JimTripper

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I dont grunt, I just call the girls Mommy. If I get exited enough by watching reruns of Lassie, then I give her doggy ears and we both bark. 

Plus I started mongering BEFORE 1999 so get your facts right. My first was named Brandy in 1969, old Chelsea Hotel in NYC. She worked the old Lincoln Tunnel strolls. Dont take away my extra 30 years.

You clearly are jealous that I have been going to Thailand longer and getting more poosy than you? Wanna come to Thermae with me? Ill help you.  Its all OK I know dudes feel inadequate when they hear my life story.

Most guys want to pull themselves out of that lifestyle eventually, especially the Lincoln Tunnel stuff. It was much more dangerous, frought with risk, robbery & arrest. Also, much more adrenaline pumping. Not sure if it's still that way now.

I used to live on the Upper West Side (W100's). That was in '94-'96 though, I left in '96. I first visited Thailand in '06. I was a little too young (25-ish) to "monger" but at that age where I was interested and looking at it.

Edited by JimTripper

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Most guys want to pull themselves out of that eventually 🤷🏻‍♂️. Especially the Lincoln Tunnel stuff. I used to live on the Upper West Side. That was around 1995 though.

Pull myself out of what? I live 2 miles from Angkor Wat, and have a place in Thailand, I have no wife, few money worries, most of my health, my kid is an expat working for an International company and just smashing the cash, I dont drink, have access to all the weed I need and my hobbies include fine food and photography. Because I am old I shouldnt bump uglies once in a while?

And why should I bump with a  wrinkly old hag with nipples pointing straight down and more cottage cheese that an Amish Dairy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Pull myself out of what? I live 2 miles from Angkor Wat, and have a place in Thailand, I have no wife, few money worries, most of my health, my kid is an expat working for an International company and just smashing the cash, I dont drink, have access to all the weed I need and my hobbies include fine food and photography. Because I am old I shouldnt bump uglies once in a while?

And why should I bump with a  wrinkly old hag with nipples pointing straight down and more cottage cheese that an Amish Dairy

I figured most guys work it out of their system or get tired of the lifestyle. The ones who are left seem to have some type of fetish or kink that goes above and beyond the sex aspect, or something weird going on emotionally. At least that's what I saw in the USA. Maybe it's different in Thailand or for you.

I'm mid 50's and don't even really need to do it much anymore (the desire it not there). Paying some hag even makes me less inclined.

Do you still have a strong sex drive at your age, or is there something else going on like role play, partner needs to fit a particular profile or appearance or things like that?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I figured most guys work it out of their system or get tired of the lifestyle. The ones who are left seem to have some type of fetish or kink that goes above and beyond the sex aspect, or something weird going on emotionally. At least that's what I saw in the USA. Maybe it's different in Thailand or for you.

I'm mid 50's and don't even really need to do it much anymore (the desire it not there). Paying some hag even makes me less inclined.

Do you still have a strong sex drive at your age, or is there something else going on like role play, partner needs to fit a particular profile or appearance or things like that?

I like pooosy. Its fun.

On 7/29/2024 at 10:43 AM, proton said:

One of the saddest posts I've seen on here for a long time, those poor girls being 'smashed' must hate every minute of it. Can only wonder what they are thinking about while they are putting up with an ugly old foreigner grunting away on top of them. 70 years old and still mongering like he did in 1999. Pathetic IMHO.

I really detest this attitude. The woman take the money and hopefully at least with minimally proficient at the task.

My wife works for 25k pm. Her attractive nieces in Bangkok make half that. That's honest work. That's a choice.

It's very easy money ...but with a catch. You sell your soul and often your dignity but it was their choice.

If you want to get yourself on the game that's up to you. Well I might have empathy, I have little sympathy.

These women not always but often are involved in all sorts of petty crime and bull<deleted>+. Never miss an opportunity to get one over on that one night punter. I will say they're probably far less mercenary than European hookers but it's all coming to a head.

Edited by BobDobbs
  • Agree 2

If Patpong is on your agenda, try something completely different and have one in The Old Other Office. Not changed after 40 years except the ladies disappeared a while ago, it's just an experience. While you're there try the Crown Royal and see what a real  Patpong bar was like.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, saintdomingo said:

If Patpong is on your agenda, try something completely different and have one in The Old Other Office. Not changed after 40 years except the ladies disappeared a while ago, it's just an experience. While you're there try the Crown Royal and see what a real  Patpong bar was like.

Did you think the area had turned much more gay when you were there? I started noticing a lot of guy couples at the bars who I initially thought were just associates, but after awhile they looked gay. Just a vibe I got in general, not at an oriented bar.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:19 AM, JimTripper said:
On 7/11/2024 at 12:46 AM, n00dle said:

that and the fact that sex tourists and mongers are a rapidly dying breed.

Edit now that i think of it has literally been years since I had a guest that wanted to visit nana, cowboy or Patpong. Everyone wants to go out, just not to a gogo.

They probably want to goto those new trendy clubs like in Thonglor or whatever, or the emisphere (whatever that is). I feel like I'm too old for those.

The foreigners from a younger generation seek mainstream, quality entertainment and a 'normal' Thai girlfriend. They eschew what the dwindling amount of mongers and sex pats drool over. Possibly after a one-off visit to witness the overpriced fleshpots, walking past the sad-looking, aging Lotharios nursing their Chang's from the front row of Stumble Inn (you know who you are), they're off to where the 'nice' girls are.

And yes, you are probably getting too old for the 'scene' anyway.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The foreigners from a younger generation seek mainstream, quality entertainment and a 'normal' Thai girlfriend. They eschew what the dwindling amount of mongers and sex pats drool over. Possibly after a one-off visit to witness the overpriced fleshpots, walking past the sad-looking, aging Lotharios nursing their Chang's from the front row of Stumble Inn (you know who you are), they're off to where the 'nice' girls are.

And yes, you are probably getting too old for the 'scene' anyway.

A well heeled segment of the younger generation also wants unique "quality experiences".

It could be an Airbb, a location, venue or person or a concert festival. Something that's memorable and selfie worthy.

Typically, that also means something new, though it could be something old and rare, that fewer people have experienced with a weird twist. For example, going to view the pyramids but seeing it from a fancy baloon tour with wine, etc.

Well worn stomping grounds like Nana, Cowboy & Patpong are defintely not on the radar.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

it's unreliable making generalised comments/deductions from one small piece of evidence.

True. Some old geezers die their hair, do HRT and tell lies about their age.

On 7/29/2024 at 10:43 AM, proton said:

One of the saddest posts I've seen on here for a long time, those poor girls being 'smashed' must hate every minute of it. Can only wonder what they are thinking about while they are putting up with an ugly old foreigner grunting away on top of them. 70 years old and still mongering like he did in 1999. Pathetic IMHO.

Maybe you can try HRT and get back to your old, 'hard-body smashing' self.

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Did you think the area had turned much more gay when you were there? I started noticing a lot of guy couples at the bars who I initially thought were just associates, but after awhile they looked gay. Just a vibe I got in general, not at an oriented bar.

Yes now very gay and ladyboy. I only go to the 2 bars mentioned now and only occasionally.  I used to drink in the Madrid but the lady owner passed, I think during covid and it closed soon after. Shame another nice old (over 50) Patpong bar.

14 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Finally!

Left wing, gay teachers are having an impact and persuading hetrosexual kids to become gay......555

On 7/29/2024 at 8:03 AM, FruitPudding said:

Frankly, I am quite enjoying watching it unfold as I am not a tourist anymore and I was able to enjoy it for many years while it was still good.

Yeah, sure you are. If you are aware of all these changes you list in painfully excruciating detail, you're still ploughing the field.

On 7/14/2024 at 4:46 AM, Walker88 said:

The women make some serious money, enough to be the envy of the typical Western pensioner. Watching how many were going out the door, and having heard their fee for services to be rendered, plus how often they claim to be taken out, a good many of the women in that club are likely making $5000 a month or more. In a nation where per capita income might be $8000 per year, these women are killing it.

I know around 10 girls who work or worked there (we drink together in a different afterhours bar sometimes and had some house parties together). Half are just friends, the other half I slept with. Aside from one who was more greedy to her own detriment (I stopped seeing her), most of them did not ask for much. At the bar they always buy their own bottles. They do make a lot of money, and sure know how to spend it, too. I doubt they save much, if anything. They get asked to send money constantly by family members and "friends" back home. It doesn't matter how much they make - it always runs out. I'm sure there are some girls who are smarter with money and do save, but most do not.

As for Billboard- yes, it is probably the best gogo bar in Bangkok, maybe even Thailand, but it's an anomaly. The majority of the venues in Nana Plaza and cowboy are usually deserted, especially later at night.

On 7/29/2024 at 3:42 AM, BobDobbs said:

The women working in these bars attempting to get taken out are all freelancers. They are entirely dependent upon drinks and bar fines. I wouldn't pay salary for them either. They have become quite mercenary and many are downright rude when you tell them that you're not going to buy them a b180 drink for them to ask you a lot of stupid questions about being a tourist here.

Funny anecdote: the first girl I met in Thailand worked in one of those bars. She stopped going there and just stayed with me for a few months. The first few weeks she asked me to pay her bar fine (500 baht) every night, but later she just stopped paying them. It's utterly ridiculous that they get no salary, no benefits, and aren't even employees - yet they are expected to compensate the bar when they take time off or quit. Her last bf actually paid the bar a lot of money to "buy her" so she could safely quit. That's why she decided to just stop paying - they were already paid. The mamasans were angry at her, but did not pursue anything further. After we broke up I got with two of her best friends/ex-coworkers, because, well, these...girls...ain't loyal. Also this was 2016 so they weren't that old, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:03 AM, FruitPudding said:

They are mercenary nowadays, rather than fun. It is about having a good time; it's about clawing ladydrinks out the customer. 

Sadly many of the owners encourage this behavior. Short-sighted and stupid: instead of giving customers a good experience so they become repeat customers they try to rip them off so most will never return. I do not however share your pessimism. Yes- Bangkok nightlife isn't great anymore, but Thailand as a whole is not dead just yet. Pattaya is always packed, and plenty of girls out for a mixture of fun and business, not just pro. Especially the younger girls- they are picky about who they will go with, but at least you know they chose to rather than just go with any willing wallet.

On 7/29/2024 at 7:01 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Just heard a similar story from a small bar owner behind Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang. Known her for years. Her non-hostess bar was empty most nights  for the week I visited while Russians, Koreans and Chinese walked past with Big C and 7-11 bags in hand. She said she is waiting for her Scandinavian customers' return in September. She does get the odd Euro/Aussie/Yank customers who have lived in the neighbourhood a long time, as I used to do. But westerner business on average is way down.

It's less that westerner business is down, and more that it is low season, and the type of westerner visitors now is leaning more towards young guys who'd rather spend time and money in a nightclub or at least a gogo rather than a beer bar. I think it's the demographics that changed rather than the numbers.

On 7/29/2024 at 7:30 AM, FruitPudding said:

Would they rather work 12 hour days in a factory for 7 days, or just do a 1 hour short time for the same money?

You may say they do a difficult job, but don't forget: they have chosen the path of least resistance. 

Most freelancers I know are simply lazy or alcoholic and usually both. I know a few who went to work in factories but they always quit after a few months because the work is hard, the hours and pay are ridiculous, and most of all they miss partying their ass off and having money.

Some of the comments on this thread describe them as soulless creatures who made a wrong choice, but that's far from the truth. They are just people - some of them good, some bad, some crazy, some amazing. They don't lose their souls because a guy (or many guys) had sex with them, and to say that they made a wrong choice is, well, wrong: they get to party all the time, get paid for it, drink for free, and even get laid. Hotter/younger ones have plenty of choice and can choose the men they're willing to go with. That's actually not a bad life, and not a bad choice given the alternatives (factory or fields).

On 7/29/2024 at 7:42 AM, Will B Good said:

A girl once said to me.....not one single girl really wants to work in a bar.

Let me guess - she was old and extremely experienced? baggage. All the younger girls I know who work in bars are very happy to be there. It's a choice.

6 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Some of the comments on this thread describe

Why don't you stop posting so much. You wrote four novels up above and taking up too much room on the thread.

On 7/11/2024 at 7:24 PM, Yagoda said:

Gentleman, I can't give the exact date that I first hit the fabled shores but it was BEFORE there was a Skytrain and when Yong Lee actually served food, there were Beer bars down by the tracks and I think I came in at DMK because there was no Swampy.

Ah yes, Soi Zero, Clinton Plaza, Sukhumvit Square...

So many memories...

Soi Zero, a touch of Pattaya under the Highway. Wood Bar was once called Pump Station, before that I wish I could recall. Bell  in  Tulip was thirty years younger. There was a nightclub on Soi 7/1. You could get hotties at the numerous Internet cafes (thats where your loyal girlfriend who loved you and you alone hustled 14 guys on the net). Big hair. Pubic Hair. Me and the Boss from Thermae had full heads of hair. Thai stick. Mekhong Whiskey and cola . Woodstock Bar. Food streets. Oh, to be young.

4 hours ago, Yagoda said:

So many memories...

Soi Zero, a touch of Pattaya under the Highway. Wood Bar was once called Pump Station, before that I wish I could recall. Bell  in  Tulip was thirty years younger. There was a nightclub on Soi 7/1. You could get hotties at the numerous Internet cafes (thats where your loyal girlfriend who loved you and you alone hustled 14 guys on the net). Big hair. Pubic Hair. Me and the Boss from Thermae had full heads of hair. Thai stick. Mekhong Whiskey and cola . Woodstock Bar. Food streets. Oh, to be young.

Pubic hair is so 70's.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2024 at 10:09 PM, JimTripper said:

As far as I can tell many Thai's don't want foreigners integrating. They want them as visitors and tourists who move from place to place. When foreigners dig in, some Thainess and way of doing things is lost. It becomes diluted. Especially when they have to speak english to sell something or provide service.

I disagree entirely, I only had benefits from living here long-term in almost any bar, all over the country. It also saves me from being tried to be hassled, get the nonsense stories etc. The condition however is that I also always make sure I'm shaved, smelling good, decent dressed and do still buy them their drinks like anyone is expected to do, when going to such places.

Only thing that is a benefit of saying you are a new tourist is that, if you enjoy them screaming and talking loud, inviting their sisters over to the table etc etc is fun for the person going... Also would be pretty sure the majority of real first time tourists are paying double of what I pay for happy endings or short time fun.

Sure the girls themself, would likely say, they prefer new time tourists, when being asked about it. Of course they are; they at the end try to make as much as possible and a lot of the long timers are actually super cheap, high demanding etc, in that perspective you are for sure 100% right.

Edited by BakedPanda