Thai prisoner demands justice after fellow inmates raped him in jail

snoop1130

c58928876041a7cbab97dafa1e27e5d9b_4620693218546996985_๒๑๐๕๓๑_6-1024x683-1.jpg

A Thai prisoner urged the Lawyers Council of Thailand Under the Royal Patronage to help him seek justice after two fellow inmates tricked him into taking a sleeping pill and raped him. The incident led the victim to repeatedly attempt suicide.

The story gained public interest after a Thai lawyer, Nitithorn Kaewto, shared it on Facebook yesterday, July 10. According to the lawyer, the sexual assault occurred on January 7 at Bang Kwang Central Prison in Nonthaburi province near Bangkok.

The two alleged rapists added a sleeping pill to a coffee and tricked the victim into drinking it. They then sexually assaulted him at night, as the three were imprisoned in the same cell, separate from the rest of the prisoners.

The rape was reported to a prison guard, who filed a complaint with Mueang Nonthaburi Police Station on behalf of the imprisoned victim. However, the case went nowhere.

The victim tried to end his life multiple times because other inmates later learned of the sexual assault and bullied him. Fortunately, prison guards intervened in time to prevent his suicide attempts.

The victim decided to seek help from the Lawyers Council by submitting a document to them in April. After consideration by the council president and the human rights sub-committee, a team of lawyers was formed to help the victim.

The legal team recently met with officers from Mueang Nonthaburi Police Station to follow up on the case. The police claimed that a lack of officers caused the delay. However, the prison guards had already punished the alleged rapists after the incident.

The legal team planned to contact relevant authorities to rehabilitate the victim and implement measures to prevent bullying in the prison.

The lawyer pointed out a suspicious element in the case, questioning how the alleged rapists obtained the sleeping pill and whether it was indeed a sleeping pill or another drug.

If you or anyone you know is in emotional distress, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand 24-hour hotline: 02 713 6791 (English), 02 713 6793 (Thai), or the Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai). Please also contact your friends or relatives at this time if you have feelings of loneliness, stress, or depression. Seek help.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Police Wives Association

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 7

14 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The police claimed that a lack of officers caused the delay. However, the prison guards had already punished the alleged rapists after the incident.

I wonder how that was, he should be sentenced in court for rape, the prison guards should not have the power to meet out punishment, but TIT. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The two alleged rapists added a sleeping pill to a coffee and tricked the victim into drinking it. They then sexually assaulted him at night

There is no way a sleeping pill would keep him asleep while being, uh, penetrated. They're not magic. More likely there is more to the story: either he woke up during the act, or it was consensual. Might be a case of "regretted it in the morning" when other inmates found out...

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps it just should have been written as "sleeping pill" and perhaps it wasn't a sleeping pill so much as the type of drug that LBs are frequently reported to use to knock out their victims while they clear out their hotel room and safe?  

Maybe, but roofies kick in quickly (20-30 minutes) and he would seem completely drunk then knocked out after that. I can't imagine he had coffee at night so it brings to question why and how nobody (guards) noticed he was zonked out for many hours until then. Possible I guess...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Maybe, but roofies kick in quickly (20-30 minutes) and he would seem completely drunk then knocked out after that. I can't imagine he had coffee at night so it brings to question why and how nobody (guards) noticed he was zonked out for many hours until then. Possible I guess...

You seem to know quite alot about this type of incident, speaking from experience?😁

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

two fellow inmates tricked him into taking a sleeping pill and raped him.

The incident led the victim to repeatedly attempt suicide

I take sleeping pills regularly, strong prescription as I need to flip towers (6am to 6pm shift) when working on the rig. 

I am still alert enough to know if some dude is trying to enter my freckle. 

I reckon the guy has mental health problems. 

I've never been in prison, I thought these rapes happen regularly, should keep the lawyers busy. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If you or anyone you know is in emotional distress, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand 24-hour hotline: 02 713 6791 (English), 02 713 6793 (Thai), or the Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai). Please also contact your friends or relatives at this time if you have feelings of loneliness, stress, or depression. Seek help.

Help centres are common these days, do they work? 

I'm sure the only people that would use these services have serious problems, mental health issues, seeking attention. 

I'm confused, I'm sure it's just a mechanism to comfort the person with problems. 

I reckon if I was going to pull the pin I wouldn't be talking to some social worker on the telephone for comforting.  

This world is getting stranger and stranger. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

15 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There is no way a sleeping pill would keep him asleep while being, uh, penetrated. They're not magic. More likely there is more to the story: either he woke up during the act, or it was consensual. Might be a case of "regretted it in the morning" when other inmates found out...

Whatever excuse you are trying to make and justify, it was reported as rape which the authorities seem not to have dealt with properly yet in accordance with the law, not some prison policy and procedure.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Prison and rape of prisoners are well known events all over the world, almost synonym, not much can be done

to prevent it from happening, in many cases its even goes unreported, how can you punish someone who's

in prison for already other than adding to their sentence, which in many case its not much of a deterrent anyway,

in this case a complaint was lodged, again, will not change much at all..

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Prison and rape of prisoners are well known events all over the world, almost synonym, not much can be done

You can prevent it by building safer prisons with only one inmate per cell.

Rape is not the only problem with today's prisons. Inmates should be rehabilitated. I cannot see how that is possible in such prisons.

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

c58928876041a7cbab97dafa1e27e5d9b_4620693218546996985_๒๑๐๕๓๑_6-1024x683-1.jpg

A Thai prisoner urged the Lawyers Council of Thailand Under the Royal Patronage to help him seek justice after two fellow inmates tricked him into taking a sleeping pill and raped him. The incident led the victim to repeatedly attempt suicide.

The story gained public interest after a Thai lawyer, Nitithorn Kaewto, shared it on Facebook yesterday, July 10. According to the lawyer, the sexual assault occurred on January 7 at Bang Kwang Central Prison in Nonthaburi province near Bangkok.

The two alleged rapists added a sleeping pill to a coffee and tricked the victim into drinking it. They then sexually assaulted him at night, as the three were imprisoned in the same cell, separate from the rest of the prisoners.

The rape was reported to a prison guard, who filed a complaint with Mueang Nonthaburi Police Station on behalf of the imprisoned victim. However, the case went nowhere.

The victim tried to end his life multiple times because other inmates later learned of the sexual assault and bullied him. Fortunately, prison guards intervened in time to prevent his suicide attempts.

The victim decided to seek help from the Lawyers Council by submitting a document to them in April. After consideration by the council president and the human rights sub-committee, a team of lawyers was formed to help the victim.

The legal team recently met with officers from Mueang Nonthaburi Police Station to follow up on the case. The police claimed that a lack of officers caused the delay. However, the prison guards had already punished the alleged rapists after the incident.

The legal team planned to contact relevant authorities to rehabilitate the victim and implement measures to prevent bullying in the prison.

The lawyer pointed out a suspicious element in the case, questioning how the alleged rapists obtained the sleeping pill and whether it was indeed a sleeping pill or another drug.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Police Wives Association

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

It hard to buy sleeping pills here. Hospitals may prescribe. Pharmacies only offer useless herbal stuff. 

Weed helps but not clear headed next morning.

Where did they get pills. 

Maybe Bangkok is easier, if I wrong and anyone knows where to buy in Chiang Mai I would be pleased to know.

I will take the chances of the wife raping me 😂

11 hours ago, roo860 said:

You seem to know quite alot about this type of incident, speaking from experience?😁

Actually yes. Many many years ago when I used to live in Texas I visited LA and met some Austin chick who moved there. She bought us the first round of the night, and I completely blacked out from that point on. I doubt it was her who spiked it - more likely someone was trying to drug her and I got it instead. What followed was a haze of blackout with random memories of talking to random people, and puking in a Taco Bell parking lot. I have no memory of this, but eventually she and her guy friend helped me back to my hotel room (as confirmed by my parents who were visiting LA with me). I woke up much much later with a raging headache that lasted for 3 days.

I'm a very strong drinker and can knock out a bottle of vodka and still stand, so it's impossible I would black out from one drink, nor have I ever experienced a hangover as intense as that, so I'm 100% sure it was spiked.

19 hours ago, Geir Rasch said:

You can prevent it by building safer prisons with only one inmate per cell.

Rape is not the only problem with today's prisons. Inmates should be rehabilitated. I cannot see how that is possible in such prisons.

Yes you'd think it would be a good solution but with prison overcrowding everywhere around the world and crime

rate are going up and up not many countries can afford themselves the luxury of a single cell to a single inmate,

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 6:12 AM, ezzra said:

Yes you'd think it would be a good solution but with prison overcrowding everywhere around the world and crime

rate are going up and up not many countries can afford themselves the luxury of a single cell to a single inmate,

Unfortunately you are right.

On 7/12/2024 at 7:38 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I take sleeping pills regularly, strong prescription as I need to flip towers (6am to 6pm shift) when working on the rig. 

I am still alert enough to know if some dude is trying to enter my freckle. 

I reckon the guy has mental health problems. 

I've never been in prison, I thought these rapes happen regularly, should keep the lawyers busy. 

I can't see why they would be limited to prison. More like confined spaces where guys are living in close quarters with no females around.

You may want to lay off the sleeping pills on the rig (or sleep with one eye open).

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

On 7/11/2024 at 4:08 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I agree. Anything in Thai pharmacy wouldn't do this - even 30mg of benzos which is usually used in combination with alcohol to knock people out. It would need to be rohypnahl (sp) , but I think even that stuff you would still need alcohol to knock you out absolutely and completely

I do feel sorry for the guy especially if you was in for some minor offense.

Edited by BobDobbs