British-Thai couple ‘paws’ to save puppy from restaurant abuse

webfact

6 minutes ago, rwill said:

We now have 3 thai dogs we 'rescued'.  The first one we also named Lucky.  

My wife always feels bad when she sees these abandoned dogs and wants to save them.  I keep telling her there are millions of them in Thailand and you can't help them all.

Yes , too many ... but still ... we rescued more than 20 already , they found a loving home here and are all happy now . 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Do you notice that all the drug addicts in Thailand are excused because they are suffering from mental illness  ....   

mental illnes my **ss 

Tha***ss

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , too many ... but still ... we rescued more than 20 already , they found a loving home here and are all happy now . 

I've had at least 9 dogs "find" a home at my house here in the country. It seems I'm the only one who actually pets them. You can see this in the fear in their eyes when you try to approach them. Eventually they get close if you feed them enough times. Sadly, most of the dogs that have looked at my house as a home away from "home" have been poisoned by some disturbed farmer who didn't like them running around their fields.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The desire for revenge is common in this country. Soon Boy will probably return with a gun and shoot the couple dead. This story isn't over yet.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've had at least 9 dogs "find" a home at my house here in the country. It seems I'm the only one who actually pets them. You can see this in the fear in their eyes when you try to approach them. Eventually they get close if you feed them enough times. Sadly, most of the dogs that have looked at my house as a home away from "home" have been poisoned by some disturbed farmer who didn't like them running around their fields.

let me get this right  !  ..........     so you were going out and feeding about 9 soi dogs outside ....  

and someone poisoned them because they were roaming around running a muck.  

if that's correct .... the fact that you were feeding them outside only exacerbates the problem with soi dogs.  They are pests because they bite kids, chase the elderly and attack other family pets.  

That's no better than the little old lady who thinks she is doing good by feeding 20 mutts ....    

If you kept the 9 dogs in your yard and cared for them then that's caring correct,  but you are only making the dog problem worse. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

More 'animal lovers' who you can bet your life stuff themselves with pork raised in appalling conditions. See a fluffy puppy and its all tears and rescue

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Zack61 said:

I’m thinking Boy is not going to let go of this and this couple need to be on their guard. 

Absolutely.

After living on The Isle Formosa, where everyone has Island Fever, I was thinking the same thing.

Formosan people NEVER forget a slight such as this.

The memory will fester until .....

One day....It will OUT!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

COVER-PIC-23.webp

A Thai woman and her British husband rescued a puppy after a mentally ill Thai man abused the animal outside his restaurant in the Isaan province of Udon Thani.

Officers from Mueang Udon Thani Police Station were alerted to the animal abuse at 11.20am today, July 11. They were called to the incident scene, a restaurant in Soi Adunlayadet 5 in Udon Thani. Police arrived at the scene to find the eatery closed and met the complainants at a nearby restaurant.

The complainants were a 36 year old Thai woman Ratchanok Lueangsithong and her British husband, whose name was not disclosed. The foreign man was carrying a light brown puppy aged about two to three months.

Ratchanok told police that her restaurant was located near the attacker’s restaurant, so she witnessed the abuse of the man, known as Boy. She saw Boy walking to his restaurant with the animal in his hand. He was carrying it by the neck and strangling it, making the puppy scream in pain.

Ratchanok said she initially thought the puppy was a dead cat. She asked her aunt to check on the animal and found that it was a live puppy.

Ratchanok then asked her husband to get the dog from Boy, but he refused to hand it over.

“This is my dog. Here is Thailand. I can do anything with this dog. I can even eat it!”

Ratchanok argued with Boy and threatened to record a video of the abuse and share it with the police. Her husband then took the puppy away from the scene. Boy returned to his restaurant and was not present when the police arrived.

Ratchanok informed ThaiRath that Boy suffers from a mental illness caused by drug use. He had previously gone on a rampage, hurling various objects, such as a flower pot and a brick, at her restaurant. Although she had filed multiple complaints against him before, the police were unable to take action due to his mental condition.

Chalida Dhammachaikun, a local who also witnessed the incident, told ThaiRath that she saw Boy press the puppy to the floor, strangle it with a rope, and kick it. She attempted to adopt the dog, but Boy refused.

Police are letting Ratchanok and her husband take care of the puppy until its rightful owner claims it. The couple named the animal Lucky, as it was lucky to be saved from the abuse.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04ajSw2xpfjOvJrB2E536uDpJ1T0Hh0y.webp

Photo via ThaiRath

image.jpeg

Photo via ThaiRath

TOP: Photo via ThaiRath

by Petch Petpailin 

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-12

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Better eat it than to abuse🙏

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

We've had the odd cat disappear here in Issan. 

Seriously..

This isn't Korea or Vietnam where a lot of them eat domestic animals, but it does happen with some of the old school thinkers. I have lost cats, dogs, ducks and chickens to people who looked at anything roaming as food. There is an attitude here that I come first and no one else matters, as long as I can eat. No conservation as far as fish are concerned, and any animals that are roaming are fair game. This is why you don't see any deer, very few squirrels and nothing else like you do in other countries that have laws that are enforced as far as wildlife are concerned. It does happen in the national parks, although some do poach animals there also.

• Thumbs Up 1