Thai houses privacy

On 7/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

I’m looking around for places to move to but noticed many housing here seem to have no orivacy

You are buying the land, it's where the money is.

Houses are cheap to build in Thailand. 

If you want privacy, get a bigger plot but it's going to be more expensive, probably outside your budget. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 6:05 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

i know what ya mean, my cousin got this deatched houses, but oh god i couldnt relax having a drink outside of his proprtty like i get the feeling someone is peeping from the 2nd floor windows all around the block. 

jesus i cant understand (dont want to) why ppl buy this sort of proprty, i actually was peeping from the second floor, watching the smooth lady hanging her laundry. i get a sense of domination, and i can feel that she can feel someone is watching her.  this is creeepy

"i actually was peeping from the second floor, watching the smooth lady hanging her laundry"

Yes, pretty creepy. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/12/2024 at 12:47 PM, Will B Good said:

The soundproofing in some condos is good or very good.....check them out.

Unless you are very wealthy, or prepared to live in the sticks, privacy will be a luxury. Also the noise at street level can be horrific....not traffic noise, but idiots with huge PA systems for their music. At least in a condo you can get juristic to sort music morons out. 

Music???? You mean noise. Idiots?? Definitely. No question about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2024 at 10:19 AM, JimTripper said:

Work permit? 🤣

Planning permission?? Oh! Sorry, we are not in the UK. One of the better things about Thailand, your property is your property.

Thailand is noisy and that's the end of it. You can never be 100% sure that your neighbors will not be noisy.

I have lived in all types of property here. Small condos , big condos , terraced houses , detached houses and now in our own bungalow in the boonies at the end of a road that peters out into a dirt rack so little through traffic. In all these places noise can sometimes be an issue. It is only a serious issue when it is every day and unrelenting. 

Maybe the best approach would be to talk to people in the area about the noise and privacy of the place you are considering buying.. Try to find out beforehand what your new neighbors are like. Are the quiet midweek but party late weekends. Do they have dogs etc. One of the advantages of renting first is you can easily move if you don't like it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

Thailand is noisy and that's the end of it. You can never be 100% sure that your neighbors will not be noisy.

I have lived in all types of property here. Small condos , big condos , terraced houses , detached houses and now in our own bungalow in the boonies at the end of a road that peters out into a dirt rack so little through traffic. In all these places noise can sometimes be an issue. It is only a serious issue when it is every day and unrelenting. 

Maybe the best approach would be to talk to people in the area about the noise and privacy of the place you are considering buying.. Try to find out beforehand what your new neighbors are like. Are the quiet midweek but party late weekends. Do they have dogs etc. One of the advantages of renting first is you can easily move if you don't like it.

Only after a year in the majority of cases, or lose a two months deposit. That's a renting myth unless you consider a year an easy move. That's why they like a two months deposit here, people want to move out early 🤣.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

One of the advantages of renting first is you can easily move if you don't like it.

That is the only answer. Talking rarely gets a result.

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"i actually was peeping from the second floor, watching the smooth lady hanging her laundry"

Yes, pretty creepy. 

So you never look out your window? Or do sunglasses make you immune? It's the other guy who's creepy. Too bad thet needs to see you.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 6:05 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

i actually was peeping from the second floor, watching the smooth lady hanging her laundry. i get a sense of domination, and i can feel that she can feel someone is watching her.  this is creeepy

Indeed, your action was extremely creepy peeping on that "smooth lady" and her laundry.

On 7/13/2024 at 10:19 AM, JimTripper said:
On 7/12/2024 at 10:50 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Buy a house with a bit more land around your house if you want more privacy.

You can even build a wall around it.

Work permit?

Why are you suggesting that  he would need a work permit?

1 hour ago, Denim said:

now in our own bungalow in the boonies at the end of a road that peters out into a dirt rack so little through traffic. In all these places noise can sometimes be an issue. It is only a serious issue when it is every day and unrelenting. 

Same here.....and it is the noisiest place I have ever lived.

I long for the peace and serenity of a Bangkok condo.

32 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Privacy can look like this:

279.jpg

They want to look out and have a view, not hide behind a curtain. They want the wide open view without someone looking in. Get it?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

Thai houses privacy.

You want Privacy? 

Go buy in the country or just outside a City .

Buy some dirt,  built a Wall , built a house , Problem solved , Worked for Us .

• Agree 1

I've been trying to find a single house where I would be able to open windows (with mosquito nets) and sleep or meditate in silence.
With houses being so close to each other it's almost impossible.
I was lucky with first 2-3 houses but then it just got worse and worse.

One of the worst offenders is neighbour's AC.
Who puts them high on the wall or even up on the roof  right there in front of your window ?
When asked real estate agent just looked at me, huh?
I do like that in my house too. Why? Because everyone does it.

Well not, the best option is to put it on the ground/cement pad, below the wall of course, facing away from neighbours.

Photo of 3 Beds 2 Baths House

Newer ACs can be quiet but most of them are neglected and very noisy. Thin walls don't help at all transmitting the vibration all over the house.

Edited by Tim K

20 hours ago, JimTripper said:

So you never look out your window? Or do sunglasses make you immune? It's the other guy who's creepy. Too bad thet needs to see you.

I have a big house and a garden, surrounded by a wall. No windows of houses to look at as they have a wall too.

Trees are blocking most of my window view on the second floor anyhow. 

On 7/12/2024 at 12:59 PM, alanrchase said:

All three of your examples appear to have a wall between them and the neighbouring property. If you want more privacy increase the height of the wall. 

About building an additional wall, do i need to get a consent from the neighbour that is sharing that wall?

If something happens to their propety after building the wall such as their wall starts cracking, their land starts sinking, the roof starts tilting, they may as well claim anything after the walls being build to value up their shack and expense paid by a poor neighbour. Does this kind of things happen here in the LAND OF SMILES? 

On 7/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

I don’t like condos cause u can hear all the foot stomps door slamming and sliding chair noises all day I’ll have a heart attack living in condo

But you're only familiar with those slum condos. Why don't you rent a place with a sea view in the one of the, ah, less affordable buildings and see the vast difference.

• Agree 1

The questions is, what's your alternative? Having a house butt up is better then have a neighbor on the next wall over. Having a free frontal view is better then a neighbors window there in a condo. You're complaining about something with better and worse options.

Ideally, you purchase land with a property on it in your name. That's a big negative I have with Thailand is that the land can't be owned. So, you have a "neighbor" with the land ownership and you need to get a good partner there.

This is one of the reasons why I will only do a property purchase in my home country. It's only in my name and I choose my neighbors (or not).