Thailand to waive visa requirements for tourists from 93 countries starting July 15

38 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Yet retirees are still jumping through ever more bureaucratic hoops, and doing 90 day reports.

They don't want Cheap Charlie retirees. Of which there are many thousands 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If this is really the case, does this mean I get 60 days on arrival and after 60 days I can apply for a 30 days extension.

Making my two yearly 90 days E-visa obsolete.

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Very bad news indeed! This is a move in the wrong direction.

Phi Ba

On the contrary, visa rules should be tightened.

What do you think?

If Russians get visa free entry for 90 days, then every other country should get extra time too. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Lunghans said:

If this is really the case, does this mean I get 60 days on arrival and after 60 days I can apply for a 30 days extension.

Making my two yearly 90 days E-visa obsolete.

I think it’s 30 days on arrival and then another 30 days at your local immigration office apologies if I’m wrong

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I think it’s 30 days on arrival and then another 30 days at your local immigration office apologies if I’m wrong

that is exactly the same as now for the majority of nations so just some extra ones I think it will be a flat 60 but you won't be able to do the 30 day ext, that will be reserved for the TV

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Very bad news indeed! This is a move in the wrong direction.

Phi Ba

On the contrary, visa rules should be tightened.

What do you think?

True get rid of the retirement visa....

6 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I think (but can't assert for sure) that it's supposed to be 60 + 30.  Otherwise why the fanfare?  (it's already 30+30).

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

So which is it - this is officially confirmed to be starting in three days, or it's still awaiting approval? And if the cabinet hasn't approved it yet, presumably it hasn't been gazetted either...?

Hey! Easy to understand. It´s confirmed that they are waiting for cabinet approval.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

I thought they will finally show the list of 93 countries, anyone saw it maybe?

The countries that abstained at the UN when the resolution against Russia's war was tabled?

• Confused 1

If you read between the lines, this is all an attempt to try to compensate for the cash they will lose when they outlaw weed. Not only this but in the past sew weeks other actions all to the same effect.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dg1980 said:

Would like to see DTV, and Retirement Visas need to show 1m or more THB in bank plus adequate health insurance. Totally in favour of Thailand trying to make it easier for tourists to stay longer, but there should be a check to make sure they have the resources to finance it.

Take care you don't get what you wish for in the form of a condition you can't meet.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The nation has already waived any requirements for Russians, so they might as well waive them for everyone else. They couldn't really do worse than inviting in an unlimited number of Russians, knowing that a huge percentage of them who can afford to travel are involved in crime, and that they will continue their criminal activities here, and likely degrade the nation in the process.

It is a spectacularly huge error in judgment to not carefully screen every single Russian that arrives. 

Correct sir. There's just something about their demeanor that makes them stand out in a crowd.I see the odd one in the lift sometimes and smiles or nods are very rare indeed, maybe 1 in 100 and tend to be younger. It almost gets me to thinking that this f___er would rob me if given half the chance. I only got scammed once at Lazada/Shopee over several years, I'll let you guess Vlads nationality.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, kinyara said:

15 minutes this year for my retirement extrnsion, 90 day online report less than a minute from the comfort of my sofa.

Moaners will be moaners.

problem is not to do it.. Easy.. Problem is to remember it..hahahahaahahaha.... 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, racket said:

Is this now 100% confirmed that travelers who enter on July 15 will get 60 days visa exempt?

Nothing is 100% in Thailand until it actually happens, even then they sometimes they do a u turn!:whistling:

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Johno57 said:

why not charge them all 200bht for the pleasure of coming to thailand ...and leave the pentioners exempt from double taxation , as we are the people that keep the economy going , the  condo sales , the car sales , the shopping centres , the hospitals , etc. when the tourists are not here...

Because that would be too logical?

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, kinyara said:

15 minutes this year for my retirement extrnsion, 90 day online report less than a minute from the comfort of my sofa.

Moaners will be moaners.

Well, aren't you the lucky one. 

Braggers will be braggers.

48 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Moaners will be moaners.

My online report was less than a minute until the new "upgraded" system rejected it for a nonsense reason.Take care your online application isn't rejected by the new "upgraded" system and you don't have to que for four hours to do it.

Just now, AhFarangJa said:

Well, aren't you the lucky one. 

Braggers will be braggers.

likely lives in a province where there are more IO's than foreigners. probably isn't mentioning a 60 mile drive each way.

• Haha 1