NZ brothers return home after 4 months in Thai custody for assault

webfact

2 hours ago, captnhoy said:

No mention of alcohol. My exposure to the cultures from down under are admittedly limited but the theme was always mass quantities of alcohol. How could you do something like that in your right mind? And now they want respect? As mentioned previously, they'd be shot dead in the US with those stupid moves.

If ONLY this had been the case!!!!

2 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

If someone can buy their way into a 5-Star police Hospital, then you shouldn't be surprised when others buy their freedom too, corruption in Thailand is known around the World. Welcome to the 3rd World!

That took a while, normally only takes a couple of posts for Thaksin to be blamed. Just like Pres Trump in the US.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

copper shouldn't have drew his gun for a routine traffic stop.

bob.

Also, the policeman should not have drawn his gun.

The Kiwi drew his gun. And then, he looked  at the copper and said, "You see? I have drawn my gun."

This is the way we talk.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

It would seem, these 2 numpties were lucky they had a mum that could bail them out.

It would seem that many farangy's involved with dodgy stuff have the resources to get bailed out.

How's that Swiss bloke Dave getting on, did money talk in his case...?

I hope the cop who was attacked by these two, was handsomely rewarded by mum.....😉

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

copper shouldn't have drew his gun for a routine traffic stop.

bob.

You obviously haven't a clue what happened, but in your case not having a clue is quite normal........:coffee1:

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

And the damage they have done to NZ citizens living here has done us no favors. A couple of ass wipes. That's all they are and as for the NZ Govt getting involved, that's worse.  To Luxon and friends, if you want to get involved in <deleted> like this, how about looking into my pension which l paid into for over 30 years, but you pay me nothing. Get involved in that one please.!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwirod said:

and as for the NZ Govt getting involved, that's worse.

Nothing wrong with a country looking out for the welfare of their own citizens.

Thailand would do the same if thais abroad got into trouble.

It's called diplomacy.

bob.

• Agree 1

I don't think I have a big problem with this. If the cop which was assaulted agreed to the bribe then maybe this was a fair outcome in his mind? Even outside of Thailand money is used to resolve disputes so why is this case so egregious?

No news of any fine. Notice the Au government provided support. In another  case an airline stewardess was released in the AE and was assisted by the Irish government. Decades living here scant news of the UK government ever being of much help. 

Edited by jippytum

Obviously two  criminals  back in New Zealand you just don't do that to a cop and in Thailand  your asking for jail. What peanuts. 

The New Zealand woke government supporting 2 individuals that attack  law enforcement  wow. 

If it was the Australian government you be left there to rot. 

And must of been a very large brown paper bag  to get them out. 

Good they banned from Thailand the Thai government should start doing it to the Russians that are doing dumb sh.. 

I would actually condone and approve of the two morons-in-question being allowed to walk free IF:

The family of morons had been forced to pay NO LESS THAN  USD2.0 million to the motorcycle officer, and his extended familly.

USD2 million to circumvent justice in jail (5 years (TIMES 2 for the Pair of them)) is a fair price to pay.

After seeing this behavior, I have decided to never visit New Zealand, a spectacularly beautiful country which is also home to very many ugly morons, just like these two.

I have heard that these types from New Zealand have been banned from Australia, even.

And, I would like to see all these guys from that forgotten island banned from Thailand, too.

In case you are wondering, it is exactly this type of behavior that can be activated in some primitive people when they are overcome with Island Fever due to living on an island at the ends of the Earth.

Most likely, they are somehow related to one or two of the crew on the Good Ship  ....  BOUNTY!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

They want to express their sincere gratitude for the overwhelming support they’ve received from their family, friends, and the New Zealand Government.

But no remorse for attacking a police officer doing his duty. Does the NZ Police support citizen attacks?

• Agree 1

Does anyone have any information these two concerning:

a. Educational level attained?

b. IQ ???

c. Mental Illness, running, generationally, in the family?

Sometimes, things like low IQ, and behavioral problems, can be due to genetic inheritance.

Also, due to maturational anomalies, and environmental challenges, sometimes genes fail to turn on and turn off at the optimal times during development.

5 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Old news.

I wish I had not been reminded of this fiasco.

Really no use in getting steamed up about something beyond one's control.

I will need to be more vigilant, in the future, about avoiding reading any stories relating to New Zealand.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm outraged that the NZ government got involved in bring the criminal back to NZ. I'll give a pass to the brother that didn't assault the cop, but the one that did should be a guest of the Thai government for a while.

NZ Government would have facilitated lines of communication with the family only. 

36 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Does anyone have any information these two concerning:

a. Educational level attained?

b. IQ ???

c. Mental Illness, running, generationally, in the family?

Sometimes, things like low IQ, and behavioral problems, can be due to genetic inheritance.

Also, due to maturational anomalies, and environmental challenges, sometimes genes fail to turn on and turn off at the optimal times during development.

Are you asking if these 2 guys are retards. Answer = Yes

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kiwirod said:

And the damage they have done to NZ citizens living here has done us no favors. A couple of ass wipes. That's all they are and as for the NZ Govt getting involved, that's worse.  To Luxon and friends, if you want to get involved in <deleted> like this, how about looking into my pension which l paid into for over 30 years, but you pay me nothing. Get involved in that one please.!!!!!!!

What damage have the done to NZ citizens in Thailand? And why perpetuate the myth that the NZ government were involved?

As for your pension, you obviously don't understand the NZ pension system. It has nothing to do with what you pay. It's all about time spent in New Zealand. That is the only criteria. Spend 20 years in New Zealand between ages 20 and 65, 5 of which must be after age 50 and you qualify. Easy. What you paid in taxes is immaterial and it has always been that way. Meet the time requirements and you'll get your pension. Don't bleat like a little lamb because you didn't follow the super easy to follow rules.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

They want to express their sincere gratitude for the overwhelming support they’ve received from their family, friends, and the New Zealand Government. As they begin readjusting and focus on their well-being, they ask for your understanding and respect.

What?  No understanding and respect from me , they picked a fight with the cops and took his gun that went of by accident ,could've shot someone By accident. should've kept them in jail for an other 12 Months at least.

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What?  No understanding and respect from me , they picked a fight with the cops and took his gun that went of by accident ,could've shot someone By accident. should've kept them in jail for an other 12 Months at least.

We have Brits that are just as stupid. I would make an example of such people, confiscate their passport for life on their arrival back in the UK, so that they can never again venture outside their home country. News would very quickly get around that this is what happens...

• Agree 1