Video:fire burns down huge shoe shop. A AN member’s view

3 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Wonder who will foot the bill for that.

I’ll update once we learn what happened. I’ve bought thongs (flip flops) from them many times. Large tent, packed, hard to walk around. Would’ve been easy for someone to set fire to it. At nights they just pull down plastic cover.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I’ll update once we learn what happened. I’ve bought thongs (flip flops) from them many times. Large tent, packed, hard to walk around. Would’ve been easy for someone to set fire to it. At nights they just pull down plastic cover.

Maybe the cops are hot on the trail.

Some appalling standards and safety practices on display, but that is what happens when each district and sub district is left to maintain their own standards, plus the attendance of volunteer agencies

This incident it is reported, was attended by Samut Sakhon Charity Foundation, Samut Sakhon Municipality fire trucks and Nadi Subdistrict Municipality fire trucks.

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

This incident it is reported, was attended by Samut Sakhon Charity Foundation, Samut Sakhon Municipality fire trucks and Nadi Subdistrict Municipality fire trucks.

Indeed. In addition lots of mocy taxi, police, and nosy bystanders (including yours truly) with their mobile phones wandering around pretending to be future CNN reporters. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Footwork always pays off

Maybe a disgruntled customer came back and settled the dispute the Thai way. Incidentally the owner of one of the major flip flop brands lives in my village. Conspiracy anyone?

2 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Indeed. In addition lots of mocy taxi, police, and nosy bystanders (including yours truly) with their mobile phones wandering around pretending to be future CNN reporters. 

Why not, makes it an interesting start to the week.

24 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Maybe a disgruntled customer came back and settled the dispute the Thai way. Incidentally the owner of one of the major flip flop brands lives in my village. Conspiracy anyone?

Not easy making an assessment from just pictures, but looking at the fire development in the picture below, I would say I am 99.99% sure the fire did not start on the road side of the tented structure.

From the picture I posted above, I would suggest the best place to start the investigation, would be below and to the left of what appears to be 2 CCTV cameras, as the roof of the tent as that area has already burnt away in that picture, pointing to the possible seat of the fire.

IMG_3848.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

Update in Thai media.

Mr. Somkid Nammansa, age 44, house number 31/370, the shop owner said that this shop is used for selling new and substandard sneakers.

At the time of the incident, no one was in the shop. He had recently left and when he returned, he saw that the fire was already burning. The cause is expected to be an electrical short circuit, and he said the shop’s supply had been connected to another electrical outlet. The initial damage is estimated to be over a million baht.

Police suspect the cause was an electrical short circuit and have contacted Samut Sakhon forensic officers to investigate the cause.

The picture below also shows that the leaking fire hose, helps when damping down the smouldering remains.

IMG_3852.jpeg

IMG_3850.jpeg

IMG_3851.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Might hot foot it over there....see if there's a sole left worth saving.

Guess i'll be hot the heels of others though.

I was there. Did a lot of soul searching. Not a single soul. Heel to toe burnt. 

• Haha 1