14-Year-Old Motorcyclist Strikes and Kills Homeless Man Sitting by a Pattaya Roadside

webfact

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That's what I was meaning. The UK system is totally no good. Anyone can tick all the right boxes to re-new the DL, even though they are telling porkies.

In the UK without a full license you can only ride up to 125cc you also by law have to do a CBT bike safety course. A CBT means a Compulsory  Basic Training course. If you do not to wish ride a bigger bike every 2 years you have to do the course again. Your insurance is null and void without this certificate and if your asked to provide ALL your details to the Police you will be prosecuted for failing to declare it.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

So it never happened then.

While it's true that some exceptional circumstances, like a car fire or submersion in water, might pose a danger, the overall risk of such events is relatively low compared to the proven benefits of wearing a seatbelt. Here are several key points to consider:

1. **Statistics on Survival Rates**: Numerous studies have shown that wearing a seatbelt significantly reduces the risk of fatal injury. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), seat belts reduce the risk of death for front-seat passengers by 45% and the risk of serious injury by 50%.

2. **Increased Control During Accidents**: Seat belts help keep occupants in their seats, which can prevent them from being thrown around inside the vehicle or ejected during a collision. This not only reduces the risk of injury but also allows the driver to maintain better control of the vehicle during and after the impact.

3. **Ease of Release**: Modern seatbelt designs include mechanisms for quick release, making it relatively easy to unbuckle even in emergencies. Emergency responders are trained to quickly and safely remove people from vehicles, even in challenging situations like fires or submersion.

4. **Statistical Rarity of Extreme Situations**: The scenarios where a seatbelt might trap someone in a burning or submerged car are extremely rare. The vast majority of accidents do not involve these extreme conditions, and in typical accidents, seatbelts provide crucial protection.

5. **Complementary Safety Features**: Cars are equipped with multiple safety features designed to work together. Airbags, crumple zones, and seatbelts all contribute to passenger safety. Relying solely on one aspect and ignoring the others undermines the comprehensive safety design of modern vehicles.

6. **Emergency Procedures and Tools**: There are tools designed to help in emergency situations, such as seatbelt cutters and window breakers, which can be kept within reach in a vehicle. These tools can provide an additional layer of security for those concerned about rare emergencies.

In conclusion, while no safety measure is without its risks, the overwhelming evidence supports that wearing a seatbelt greatly enhances overall safety in the vast majority of car accidents. The potential risks of being trapped are far outweighed by the proven life-saving benefits of wearing a seatbelt.

23 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I agree with you, but if there was an incident, and there have been, where someone was killed  because he/she was wearing a seat belt, you can bet that it would not be reported in the news or the press. I can only remember one such incident which was reported in my whole lifetime.

if a kid is sat in the rear without a seatbelt and unfortunately you have a head on Accident the child or passenger will be thrown forward like a projectile killing you or badly injuring you. 

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

a motorized push bike capable of 118kph, what rubbish, do you let your fingers type without any brain input

He has been on this forum for about a month now...  I believe he's trying to set a world record for sheer stupidity. 

Of all the bumbling, brainless idiots I've had the misfortune to read on this forum, this particular poster (we are discussing) take's the biscuit. His sheer ineptitude is becoming legendary. Every comment appears to be a new low for human intelligence.

As a clear monument to stupidity, the forum would be infinitely better off if he just crawled back under whatever rock he slithered out from.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

if a kid is sat in the rear without a seatbelt and unfortunately you have a head on Accident the child or passenger will be thrown forward like a projectile killing you or badly injuring you. 

I agree, another way of looking at it, you could be driving and be involved in a head on crash the steering wheel comes back and crushes you on the chest causing serious injury or even death because your seat belt stopped you from ducking down to the passenger seat.

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I believe he's trying to set a world record for sheer stupidity. 

I don’t want to take the crown from you.

As others have already stated about you, you either don’t live in Thailand or your head is too far up yourself to see the trees from the forest. 
Not my words, theirs. 

I was up early this morning and saw tens of kids on bikes happily going to school with no homeless people on the road. It might surprise many on this forum but they all made it safely. 

Good kids these Thais, much more sensible and mature than western kids of a similar age. I was thinking about all the ugly graffiti and mindless vandalism in London, you don’t see that here. They are show a lot more respect and have much better manners and seem to dress a lot nicer with way less money.

Now I will just sit back and wait for your next woke “argument.”

• Confused 1

14-Year-Old Motorcyclist Strikes and Kills Homeless Man Sitting by a Pattaya Roadside

What in Satans Name is wrong with this country?

14 yrs old  no licensee too young to ride a motorbike ,

Claimed the victim was sitting in the dark by the roadside.

Like they where saying that it was the Victims Fault for sitting  in the dark By the roadside  They don't say that the victim was On the road .

What about The Lights on the bike Hey. Not looking at the road just mucking about and not Looking where they are riding.

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

and how would you feel if you were involved in a crash and the car was on fire and they were trapped by their safety belt, or the car was in the water after going off the pier.

Of course it can't happen can it?

As of course, it cannot happen that you are in a collision and get thrown through the windscreen.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

As of course, it cannot happen that you are in a collision and get thrown through the windscreen.

I was referring to the car going of the pier. this happened in England years ago, you may remember it, a police woman drowned because she was trapped by her seat belt.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

He has been on this forum for about a month now...  I believe he's trying to set a world record for sheer stupidity. 

....and succeeding to be fair. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I was referring to the car going of the pier. this happened in England years ago, you may remember it, a police woman drowned because she was trapped by her seat belt.

So your solution is never to wear a seat belt......555

50 minutes ago, Will B Good said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

....and succeeding to be fair. 

There is very little in any post he writes that presents any redeeming qualities whatsoever...  either a very successful troll, or an outright idiot... I'm still wondering which.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

So your solution is never to wear a seat belt......555

No!  I am not against seat belts, they save a lot more lives than they cost, I just wonder if they should be compulsary.

5 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I agree, another way of looking at it, you could be driving and be involved in a head on crash the steering wheel comes back and crushes you on the chest causing serious injury or even death because your seat belt stopped you from ducking down to the passenger seat.

I think you are on a massive over reach here...  Particularly having mentioned that you don't think seat-belts should be compulsory... 

In the example you provided you have committed to a major logical fallacy... If a an impact is sever enough to drive the steering column into a passenger chest, then the impact would surely be severe enough to end in a fatality for anyone not wearing a seatbelt...    additionally, the idea that someone could 'duck out of the way' if the steering column was about to impact them is quite preposterous. 

I'm surprised anyone could sensibly form this logic.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:53 AM, doctormann said:

Need to be 15 to legally ride a motorcycle of up to 100cc capacity.

You would need to be 18 to legally ride a PCX.

Prosecute the parents!

No!!! Up to 110cc!!!

8 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

You don't get a chance of ducking down Noshow  if you hit head on. Unless of course you know there's going to be an impact and likely you have seconds to avoid it.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

that's what the airbag is for, also steering column should collapse

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

So what are you saying, Yes to seatbelts or No?

14 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

No!  I am not against seat belts, they save a lot more lives than they cost, I just wonder if they should be compulsary.

Good point, well made.....but look at the number of idiots just on this forum.......would it be sensible to even give them a choice......????

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, Ralf001 said:

The girls were riding at speed by the roadside ?

Can´t answer for that, but according to the news, it must have been so.

In the sugarcane fields this am walking the dog....good quality, wide concrete tracks, surprisingly! Generally very quite with just the odd tractor and motorbike.

Girl, 12 at a guess, riding at speed, no helmet, totally engrossed looking at her smartphone  nearly hit me. 

If I hadn't heard the bike, turned around and moved she would have hit me full on.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I am saying yes, but I am a bit wary of it being compulsary.

I'm with you, but I think your insurance company should increase your premiums, or refuse to pay your medical bills, to offset your bad choices.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

In the sugarcane fields this am walking the dog....good quality, wide concrete tracks, surprisingly! Generally very quite with just the odd tractor and motorbike.

Girl, 12 at a guess, riding at speed, no helmet, totally engrossed looking at her smartphone  nearly hit me. 

If I hadn't heard the bike, turned around and moved she would have hit me full on.

Reminds me of a guy I saw yesterday, no helmet, passenger on the back, small drink and cig in his left hand, smartphone in the other.....just his palms on the handlebars, weaving in and out of traffic over the solid yellow line. I've given up hope of any change here, these people are suicidal and dangerous, and they seem to be happy about it, because they outright refuse to put a stop to this madness. When over 90% of the drivers on the road are dangerous and untrained, add to that zero enforcement by the RTP, you have what? Yes, a cesspool.

• Agree 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:43 AM, MMCotten said:

Youthful motorcycle driver are a part of thai culture and can't be compared to western countries and western ideas,  TIT

You mean common sense 🙄 

On 7/15/2024 at 2:09 PM, MalcolmB said:

streetlights were not working, and that they did not see the victim sitting on the road until it was too late.

looks like she is conscious in the photo, probably her helmet saved her.

IMG_2594.jpeg

14 with a barbed wire tattoo around her thigh.

I mean, her parents let her ride a motorcycle herself. 

Say no more.

• Agree 1